Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junebug and bbyruth I also had surgery on yesterday. Everything went well..I am still sore and still having bad gas pains..How did yall sleep last night? I couldn't get comfortable last night.

glad to hear it all went well for you! I'm still having gas pains and last night was brutal. I couldn't get comfortable. I had my follow appointment this morning and now I'm on my 6 hr drive back home.

What r u taking for ur gas?

What r u taking for ur gas?

nothing. My doctor said I'll burp it and fart it out lol

The second night, I was a gas release machine...lol. I feel a lot better now! I am still achey. But get this, my periods stopped for no reason six months ago. Now all of a sudden they are back! So a lot of my cramps and soreness is probably from that. Craziness! I am not sleeping well, since I can't lay on my stomach. I also had my first Protein Shake since surgery... But have no appetite. So I'm confused about the rule: "eat only when hungry". What if I'm never hungry? Need to get Protein and nutrients somehow. Glad to hear you all are through surgery! Walk every hour...and that gas will eventually move out of your body. It really hurt...I still have a little left, but much better than yesterday. :-)

Gas-X and pain meds help get you through the rough Patches.

Thanks ladies! I have no appetite either! I have been sipping on Water and popsicle..Praying for a seedy recovery for all of us!

Thanks ladies! I have no appetite either! I have been sipping on Water and popsicle..Praying for a seedy recovery for all of us!

I've had hello and clear Liquid Protein

G'M everyone! Last night was much better the gas is coming out! Lol!

I think most of mine is gone! I feel somewhat normal...not much of an appetite...I get the slight feeling of hunger about every 5 hours...the shakes take care of it :-). So glad you are doing better!

I think most of mine is gone! I feel somewhat normal...not much of an appetite...I get the slight feeling of hunger about every 5 hours...the shakes take care of it :-). So glad you are doing better!

how much shakes are r u drinking @ a time ? I still can't drink no more than a sip or to?

Takes me 1 hour to get 8 oz...it's not very thick. I have 3 a day...and sip Water.

The first two days I didn't get that much down...today I'm able to get a little more. I sometimes just get 4 oz down at a sitting. Surgeon said when you are satiated, stop...so I've been trying to figure out the satiated vs full. He told me not to get to "full"....these feelings are so different with the band in place. I get what I assume are hunger pains, but I don't feel hungry..so it's kinda strange. I definitely have restriction right now.

The first two days I didn't get that much down...today I'm able to get a little more. I sometimes just get 4 oz down at a sitting. Surgeon said when you are satiated, stop...so I've been trying to figure out the satiated vs full. He told me not to get to "full"....these feelings are so different with the band in place. I get what I assume are hunger pains, but I don't feel hungry..so it's kinda strange. I definitely have restriction right now.

I feel better today as well. I'm still not sure of the pains I get are hunger pains but I eat about half a cup of Jello and I'm good. I sip in my clear Protein all day. The gas is almost gone. I still burp like crazy but I was jut able to take a 3 hr nap and it felt amazing! I'm scared to lay fully back, I don't want to strain something trying to get up.

If I ate this way before the band..I would be starving, shaky, salivating if I smelled food and irritable. I've never been on calories this low without suffering for it. With the band, I'm not getting any of that! I'm really surprised. I hope it remains this way! I will say, I'm kinda sick of liquids, but it seems to be working. Do you all get a ton of gurgling sounds going on when you drink something? My dogs look at me expecting something to pop out of my belly...it's so loud!

@@bbyruth I'm scared to lay flat too. Luckily have a recliner which helps...until I have to get up. Standing up can hurt at times, and I really notice the port when I do.