Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 days almost 4 post op. My family just left today to Disneyland. I feel SO depressed. I wish I hadn't made this decision. I feel so lonely. I don't feel well at all & feel so lightheaded & faint. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. My mother had offered to stay behind with me but I know she needed this break. I have to fight my tears when they call. I know I sound so childish but I'm not sure I made the right choice. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Hi Monique! I'm about to go to sleep, but will send you a PM tomorrow. The first few weeks are the worst. I'm now 7 weeks out and besides a little restriction and scars on my tummy, I feel normal! You will get through this!

I am 3 days almost 4 post op. My family just left today to Disneyland. I feel SO depressed. I wish I hadn't made this decision. I feel so lonely. I don't feel well at all & feel so lightheaded & faint. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. My mother had offered to stay behind with me but I know she needed this break. I have to fight my tears when they call. I know I sound so childish but I'm not sure I made the right choice. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I know exactly how u feel....had my surgery on Tuesday and I am now dealing with "buyers remorse". ....my hubby went to sleep earlier and I just had a good cry....but Monique, this is irreversible and we need to put our big girl panties on (while they still fit) lol and deal with it. I am feeling better everyday....still exhausted but we both need to put a positive spin on our decisions...we obviously were unhappy with ourselves prior to this surgery or we would not have put ourselves through this. Just think, by the holidays, we both should be both close to our health goals. Let's set little goals and focus on what we should be doing.....you are not alone but also realize we are going to be depressed coming off the anesthesia and pain Meds ....we will get thru this!

I think we all have been there. It is ok to be scare after all is a big change in our lives. I live alone and I don't have family in this country but my dreams of a healthier me keep me going. Think about your final goal and how proud you will be of yourself once you reach it. We all had have does fears you r not alone! Plus we r here to support you and we all will get through this together! Stay strong! !!

I am just a couple days ahead of you. Day 4 was better than 3 and 5 was better than 4. I'm sure there will be some setbacks, but we have to try to stay focused on the long term goal. Hang in there! We are with you.

Yes, hang in there, you're going to be just fine. I know a day or two after my surgery, I felt like s**t and had a major oh-my-god-what-have-I-done meltdown. My parents visited daily and drove me bananas (LOL). But by day 5 my head started to clear and I felt better about things. Just make sure you're getting in some Water, broth, and/or tea, and rest... please rest…your body is trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

Be well…

It's perfectly normal to feel this way - emotions will run high, you'll second guess your decision, etc. But it will get better.

I have had thoughts of "what did I do to myself", even as recently as last month (I'm 6 months out now). Those thoughts are becoming few and far between and they are fleeting now, but they do happen. I can tell you, I don't regret this decision at all. This has changed my life.

Be patient - you are still healing. Be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to feel emotions - it's good for you. It will get better - I promise!

I was sleeved on May 6th. The first week I was nauseated and broke down in tears a few times. Week 2 was better, but I ended up with a severe case of hives (they suspect a reaction to Vitamin B shots) week 3 :(. I was miserable, told myself over & over that I never should have had the surgery. The steroids for the hives caused several bouts of hypoglycemia once discontinued.

Now, week 5, I'm 100% better. I am walking 3+ miles/day and enjoy eating. I'm able to meet my Protein & Water goals and have lost 33#!! My husband asked me last night if I still had any regrets and my answer was no. Hang in there Monique, you will be feeling better soon!