Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite family meals?!

Hello all! I am beginning my final stages of pre op and getting the sleeve on June 23rd. I am an every day girl who loves to cook and have big dreams of writing a cook book for my fellow WLS peers. Here is where I would love YOUR help. I would love to hear what your favorite meal is post surgery so I can play with it and "recreate" it if you will. I want to take this year after surgery and be able to say "yeah you can do this and eat wonderful food. These are favorite meals from other WLS friends from around the world. Don't give up now!" Thank you everyone!

Are you giving credit to others where it is due for their recipes? How about a share of the profits when you sell this cookbook? I'm sorry to dash your hopes but there are other WLS related sites (and other sites) out there for free and already several books out. I think what I would see here is how you can distinguish it from what else is out there?

Any ideas?

I'm speaking realistically ... of what you have in front of you.

A. I never said I was selling the book. I want to help people reach their goals by giving an array of ideas for them at the click of a button. If they would want a hard back copy, that is something I would work out per person.

B. I am not asking for recipies but yes their name would be mentioned. I am asking for simplistics. "Steak burgers and onion fries" "grilled zucchini flat bread pizza". So if "Jane C from Portland" loves to make home made veggie Pasta the world will know Jane C from Portland loves to make her family veggie Pasta and this is how I make it simply and full of flavor. Here is how you could substitute X for Y.

I want to help people learn that it is easy to eat healthy without breaking the bank. To show them they can succeed without losing flavor or their comfort food. Sorry if you took anything wrong.

I have a band and am not very familiar with sleeve protocol, but I sure love different kinds of chili -- black bean chili, cannellini, etc. I've been enjoying all the different kinds of Beans and lentils out there. Also the amazing things that can be wrapped up in parchment paper and cooked together for optimal flavor. Small piece of salmon with capers, for example, or fig & goat cheese with anything, etc. Have fun!

Thank you so much! I want to incorporate anything from either surgery participant! So excited to start these new adventures!

Ok but is that different from what people have now?

I put up a blog but I make it from the view point of lack of aftercare and what can happen with a bariatric surgeon who drops your care and you can't get any in the area. If you look at the top 10 blogs for bariatrics, they don't cover that. It gives something to stand your blog out.

Oh and btw

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ApologizeUnconditionally
http://www.askmen.com/money/body_and_mind_150/177_better_living.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-apology_apology

I had a few ladies that told me several things to fix on my blog, so I thanked them and spent a couple of weeks making changes, as I thought their comments had great merit. Just a different response that shows how I'm going to approach different viewpoints.

:blink:

Edited by woo woo

As someone said on another post " Oh boy ! dinner AND a show !!!" .............. geesh ! Anyhoo, heres a recipe we like................ my hubby is diabetic , as was his late mother. Here is her recipe for Spaghetti Sauce, which we serve over whole wheat noodles, with a salad. (use low salt items if possible ) 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can Tomato sauce, use the empty can , add 1/2 can ketchup, 1 can salsa, no salt seasoning and italian seasoning, (use a little of each and taste test before adding more, I find italian seasoning very salty ) a dash of pepper or 2. Mix in cooked hamburger and simmer for 1/2 hour. ( We use turkey burger or elk burger) Enjoy! P.S. no need to put my name on the recipe if you ever do a cookbook, im happy to share recipes.( Im getting to be a better cook since I get alot of my ideas from Pinterest.)

As someone said on another post " Oh boy ! dinner AND a show !!!" .............. geesh ! Anyhoo, heres a recipe we like................ my hubby is diabetic , as was his late mother. Here is her recipe for Spaghetti Sauce, which we serve over whole wheat noodles, with a salad. (use low salt items if possible ) 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can Tomato sauce, use the empty can , add 1/2 can ketchup, 1 can salsa, no salt seasoning and italian seasoning, (use a little of each and taste test before adding more, I find italian seasoning very salty ) a dash of pepper or 2. Mix in cooked hamburger and simmer for 1/2 hour. ( We use turkey burger or elk burger) Enjoy! P.S. no need to put my name on the recipe if you ever do a cookbook, im happy to share recipes.( Im getting to be a better cook since I get alot of my ideas from Pinterest.)

I appreciate it. I want to gear towards younger people because from my group meetings and other online forums it would help guide them to stay on track.

I always use spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti...great Vitamins and nutrients...NO CARBS :) ... tasted about the same when you slather it in sauce :blink:

I substitute smashed cauliflower for potatoes A LOT... my husband prefers it now. I make a pizza with it etc...

Those two vegetable alternatives have helped a lot with making things work... :rolleyes: