Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These past few days have been so hard for me. I am feeling like a failure because I'm not getting in my Protein and walking around/doing little things makes me so tired. I feel weak and defeated.

Today I have felt so nauseous all day long, since my first sip of Water this morning. Everything makes me ill. I've only gotten maybe 10g-20g of protein today by forcing down an Isopure and half a greek yogurt.

Not even close to my water goal. I'm at about 24oz of water for the day.

It's already 4:30PM here. I'm feeling like a failure and very defeated. :(

Did the doc give any meds to deal with the nausea? I'll be praying that this will pass. You're not a failure as you cannot control how your body /stomach is reacting to food. You probably have already done this but just in case maybe you can search the boards to see how others have dealt with nausea. Try not to get dehydrated and if you feel you are you should maybe call your doc and see if you need to get fluids in another way.

Did the doc give any meds to deal with the nausea? I'll be praying that this will pass. You're not a failure as you cannot control how your body /stomach is reacting to food. You probably have already done this but just in case maybe you can search the boards to see how others have dealt with nausea. Try not to get dehydrated and if you feel you are you should maybe call your doc and see if you need to get fluids in another way.

I just called my doctor about possibly getting a nausea medication. They will probably get me something today. Still sipping Water despite the nausea. I just have to space my sips out so I don't gag. I am waiting for a call back to see what I should do.

Also, I've searched the board about nausea and tried a couple different things but when sipping Water makes you nauseous, I think the only thing that will help is a prescription. :(

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

You are by no means a failure!! Everyone reacts differently the first few weeks are the hardest! Next month you will start to feel normal! It's so worth the aggravation!! I was sleeved 4\23 and Just came off a three week stall!! Talk about aggravating! :) The scale is moving again 4 lbs down in two days! I finally made it to an XL!! yeah! Hang in there it gets better!!

One of the nurses said the Water makes the nausea worse. Maybe wait till you get the melds before pushing yourself

I talked to my doctor. He said if I have any abdominal pain to go to the ER. I don't have any pain, just nausea. He said that I could take some Pepto BIsmol but to try and keep drinking Water and Protein. He also said call in the morning to see how I feel. If I still feel bad, he will give me IV Fluid at his office.

I'm not sure why they won't give me meds for it, but since there's no actual pain, I'm probably not going to the ER and it might just be one of those days. He said I will have days like this, where I just feel terrible and he's had many patients in their 20's react in this way.

So now, I wait until tomorrow morning. Until then, I'm sipping Water and Pepto.

Have you tried sipping warm or cold liquids/water? I have seen some on this forum who can't tolerate cold fluids at this early stage, while others can't tolerate warm... Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

@@Writerjennifer - I have tried Soup. But I haven't tried tea or anything. I may just chalk it up to a bad day.

I don't know why I take it so hard, but when I feel like I'm failing at something, I feel horribly sad and frustrated.

lots of good advice here. hope it helps. hang in there. I am sure in a few months when those pounds start falling, you'll think it will all be worth it!

I guess I didn't ask directly. It was just a comment I made to the doc. I'm here again to get more fluids via IV. I do believe this is making me feel better than meds would.

I had nausea after my RNY. This lasted for 6 weeks. We tried the usual fixes and I was still having problems.

My surgeon sent me back to the gastroenterologist who had done my pre- op endoscopy. They tested me in office and said I was very dehydrated and that can contribute to nausea. They gave me 2 Iiters of D5W and that helped. But a day or so later I was back for my nausea was back and I couldn't take fluids well by mouth. More IVs. The Doc did an endoscopy and found that my stomach esophageal stoma had closed down.

He stretched it out and I was better for several days. A week later he repeated the stretching and this time it worked. I was in a vicious circle of feeling nausea and not drinking and the dehydration causing nausea.

They also gave me a prescription for the Zofran sublingual tablets that dissolve under your tongue. They didn't need to be swallowed and the Zofran goes to work fast. By the end of my second month everything started to work and I was losing weight.

I had problems with with my prescription plan not wanting to pay for the subling meds as they are more expensive but we made a case for why I needed them.

Hang in there

Wow that sounds like quite an ordeal. I'm glad the GI finally figured it out and now you can concentrate on loosing weight instead of worry whether you're gonna throw up.

I had nausea after my RNY. This lasted for 6 weeks. We tried the usual fixes and I was still having problems.

My surgeon sent me back to the gastroenterologist who had done my pre- op endoscopy. They tested me in office and said I was very dehydrated and that can contribute to nausea. They gave me 2 Iiters of D5W and that helped. But a day or so later I was back for my nausea was back and I couldn't take fluids well by mouth. More IVs. The Doc did an endoscopy and found that my stomach esophageal stoma had closed down.

He stretched it out and I was better for several days. A week later he repeated the stretching and this time it worked. I was in a vicious circle of feeling nausea and not drinking and the dehydration causing nausea.

They also gave me a prescription for the Zofran sublingual tablets that dissolve under your tongue. They didn't need to be swallowed and the Zofran goes to work fast. By the end of my second month everything started to work and I was losing weight.

I had problems with with my prescription plan not wanting to pay for the subling meds as they are more expensive but we made a case for why I needed them.

Hang in there

Oh my god, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was at my doc office for 8 hours today getting IV fluids. I was exhausted and fell asleep when I got home. I woke up and drank some Water and felt nauseated again.

I'm trying the hot Soup thing. Then I'm going to try munching on some ice. I shouldn't be dehydrated right now, but I don't know how quickly you can become dehydrated. It's really hot here in AZ so that's no help.

Anyways, I'm going to try some at home fixes before I call them again. I knew this surgery was huge life change. I thought it was for the better. I mean, it is for the better, but right now it's pretty hard to see the benefit.

You should try Protein Soup mixes and emetrol is better for nausea than pepto if you didn't get a better prescription

Also Special K has a Fiber and Protein Drink mix that makes your Water taste just like koo laid

Hope you feel better.