Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 2: May 27-31st Sleevers

Ladies did anyone do liquid just for a week and is now on mashed food? My uncle had esephogal cancer and part of the treatment was cutting out the tummy like us anyway 2 weeks later they said to him ok eat whatever u want have a whiskey blah blah he had dumping issues when he ate certain things but generally they told him eat what u like

At my doctor follow up now. Last visit I was 313-(2 weeks preop) now I'm 288 at a little over a week postop. Hoping the doctor says all seems well... I have one stitch that he'll be removing, looks pretty nasty as if my skin in pulling it in!? I'm guessing he's going to tell me I've been doing too much- we will see- currently waiting!

Ladies did anyone do liquid just for a week and is now on mashed food? My uncle had esephogal cancer and part of the treatment was cutting out the tummy like us anyway 2 weeks later they said to him ok eat whatever u want have a whiskey blah blah he had dumping issues when he ate certain things but generally they told him eat what u like

Every surgeon is different, but mine said I could have purees after 4 days, even thicker ones. When I was in the hospital, they gave me mashed potatoes. I'm gonna try some hummus in a few minutes and see how that goes.

Edited by WhoKnows

Hummus sounds wonderful. I really want foods with flavor and lots of spice. Puréed foods isn't until day 14 for me. Today is day 7. Rachel Ray is gonna be the death of me or make me a wonderful cook. Can't wait to move on.

I was sleeved May 27. DOS I was 222. June 3 I'm 223. I'm doing about 30 grams of Protein but definitely not getting in enough fluids maybe 20-25 ounces. I've been walking 2-3 times a day. My stomach is still making loud growling sounds and I'm still having gas pain sometimes the pains are sharp. Feeling a little frustrated that I haven't lost any weight since I haven't had anything to eat since May 25. My post op is Friday. Hopefully I'll make some progress by then.

Oh my gosh NewTee, my stomach sounded like there was a rabid animal in it at about day 5. I was getting nervous worried that I was leaking or something lol Wasn't given a heads up on this by my Dr. !

Hi tired twin, Ill add you! Welcome to our great little group. We really should get a clever name folks :-) . Any ideas??

Well today starts my first day back to work. I had one client get sick so I'm actually down to just 3 clients so that is great news (OK not for my poor client though). I can go home and rest.

On the plus side, I got all the way to work and realized the bumps in the road didn't hurt!! Yesterday I was still wincing at the bumps. I'm still taking a sublingual anti-inflammatory /pain pill, and will until the weekend (I'm not against feeling nothing Lol) but I was very glad about the drive.

I've decided that syntax nectar Protein drinks taste OK but smell terrible. I have to purposely exhale before a drink and swallow before I inhale. I got a sample pack of 14 flavors. Having the tea this morning, which tastes good with a little extra sweetener, so I may get some in the future... But I just have to train myself to do the breathing trick. Well be good for my drive home after work. I'm on clears until Monday and my doc was ok with these so I'm using this time to test all the flavors.

How is everyone feeling today? I finally weighed and I'm 5 down. Hoping it will be 10 when we start the new thread next week with weights!

Add me too please!! My DOS was May 23rd and my weight was 218. Today I'm 212. for thecpast few days I've been losing a pound a day, however, I'm just waiting for that darn STALL to begin :( Remaining positive for now. I'm as active as I can be considering I'm just under 2 wks out and still a little sore. This girl surely isn't tryin' to tear anything either. Taking it easy or so long is frustrating! Who would have thought R&R could be this difficult lol

Every surgeon is different, but mine said I could have purees after 4 days, even thicker ones. When I was in the hospital, they gave me mashed potatoes. I'm gonna try some hummus in a few minutes and see how that goes.

WhoKnows I was sleeved on Friday May 23rd was on 4 oz of liquid per hour for two days and Snday the 25th I was allowed 8 oz per hour of a full liquid diet(Clear liquids plus 98% FF cream Soups and Tomato soups). One week follow up moved up to puree for 4 days then tender foods such a chicken and fish. That is what I'm allowed to eat now but I'm not because I feel I should give my stomach at least two weeks to heal up. I will begin that this Saturday. Another 4 days after that I'm allowed to eat regular foods. Seems to be moving a little fast!???

I'm getting in about 60-70 oz of fluids a day full liquids and I'm actually enjoying creating new Soups and flavors I never explored presurgery aka broccoli Soup and even French onion I had never had before.

The surgical glue fell off of my main incision today, the one where the tissue was removed from. I was concerned because there was some weeping from it, hope it doesn't get infected now that it's open to the air.

A couple things I've noticed, today was the first time I felt bad for 1 "eating" when I didn't feel hungry and 2 feeling like I was stretching my sleeve because of focusing on the oz count instead of how it feels. I am lucky and I'm not prone to throwing up, but I've made myself pretty tight feeling from thinking "oh I'll just power through the end of this glass" especially on Protein drinks cause I don't like the taste.

Anyone else's head playing mind games about what it means to be full and guilt tripping yourself about the new regimen?

Today I was doing some house work an ladies we all no how that goes, once we start we get in that zone! Lol.. So before u no it I was sweating my but off, an was dying of thirst. I want to gulp Water so bad:(

That lil sipp is not doing me any justice! In still thirsty. I was drinking an think I took to big of a drink an my tummy gave me bad cramp.

#StillThirsty

My teenage son wanted Lil Caesars pizza so off we went. He comes back to the car with not only the pizza (yuck) but cheesy garlic bread. I know I can't have that but tell my taste buds that.

@@Gettinfit, yeah, seems a bit quick to me. I've been enjoying my black bean Soup and my hummus (as of today), but I'm definitely limiting it. I guess I'll move on to some softer stuff like scrambled eggs or tofu at 4 weeks, but I might wait til six just to be safe. I'm bored, but I'm not having trouble with liquid or Protein and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hummus and a soft egg with a little cheese are heaven sent. Just chew it to bits! Today I traveled for new job and it was not to hard planning my Protein Shakes versus eating in the airport. I am one week two days out from surgery and 15lbs down.

Edited by Monte0828

Welcome new 27-31sters! I've added ya to the group list. I'm still reeling over some of your 20+lb in a week results!! Totally amazing (Im so jealous!)

NewTee I got this info and a whole bunch of other post op stuff from my surgeon and thought it might help motivate you to work on those liquids!

Dehydration can lead to nausea, vomiting, weakness, and confusion, but it can also lead to blood clots due to your blood becoming thicker, and stickier. You can get into a vicious cycle with the loss of fluids, as the more dehydrated you get, the less you may be able to take by mouth. This may require hospitalization so that Intravenous hydration can be provided. On the scope of importance fluids are #1. It is very important not to fall behind on fluids.

Also since some didn't get any info on what their diet should be

A diet consisting of 600-800 calories and

70 grams of Protein per day should be your goal for the first 6 months.

I have more info on exercise and stuff if anyone is curious.

Don't forget that liquids in, liquids out! We won't be dealing with real solids for awhile. <br><br>

Someone's signature said <br><br>

"don't trust a fart"<br><br>

Lol so true

That was a thread on here too! So true! Make me giggle.