Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWBIES..... LETS STICK TOGETHER

I'm also newbie just waiting till august for them to submit my paper work , I went thru all the process now I'm in the waiting game ..

Hi everyone. I am new too. I have just started and I am hoping to have my surgery in November this year. Good luck to you all and happy losing :)

I have already started getting a few things here and there so that I don't have to purchase everything all at once. It all felt so overwhelming but now that I have some things I feel better about it. I sure don't want t go shopping right after surgery.

I found the perfect "small" size portion plate in the baby asile at Walmart, I know I am a long way from that but If I had been eating with that all my life I wouldn't be in shape I am in now.

Hi All....I'm new to the forum too! I should be getting my sleeve in Sept or Oct. I have had the lap band since 2004 and it never really worked for me. I'm finally having it removed next week! My surgeon requires his patients to wait 3 months after the removal before he will do the sleeve. I'm scared & excited, have seen so many people have great success with this surgery!

Well, I am now not sure about doing this. My PCP's nurse told me some things that scared me. But I have my appointment for the weight loss counseling set for the 13th. So far I am going forward.

Well, I am now not sure about doing this. My PCP's nurse told me some things that scared me. But I have my appointment for the weight loss counseling set for the 13th. So far I am going forward.

So many folks (including nurses) knowledge about Bariatric options is anecdotal. Do your research and write down your concerns for your surgeon. And it is important to remember any surgery has its risks.

Trebor1980, I spent about an hour with the doctor talking about my support system at home, my stress levels, and how I am preparing now for the surgery. He also asked if I had any childhood abuse issues. The doctor was very easy to talk to and I was relaxed with him. Since I was self pay they went ahead and did the testing which consisted of 570 true/false question. Not all doctors to the tests.

I'm sure you will do fine, just be honest with the doc!

Hi everyone I am in the process of getting everything done!! I can't believe how much stuff is required!! My surgery date is set for august 11 as long as all goes well!!!

Hey Yall. I'm new to getting this ball rolling as well. I called the surgeon's office last Monday (5/26). I wanted to ask if they are more of a center Like where they have the dietitian, psychologist, etc all in house. Or if he refers out to anyone or someone specific. I also asked for an initial consult appt. They called back next day and collected all of my info and answered some questions. Said they'd call my insurance etc. The dietitian I think they said is in house and then the medically supervised weight loss thing is online. (which I don't know how comfortable I am with that, but I'll wait to decide until after I hear all of the details). The psych is dr so and so and told me which office they are in. I'd already called my insurance, found out my policy covered WLS and what their criteria is. I still haven't heard back from them. I'll call again tomorrow afternoon. I've had some other health stuff going on with new meds causing terrible nausea and managed to lose 4lbs over last week. Which normally, I'd be elated for but I was at 223lbs which is just 3lbs shy of a bmi of 40. Meaning, I wouldn't have to prove other comorbidities. And at 223, the three extra pounds at the initial consult appt would be worth that.

Edited by rossigrl84

Hi everyone! New here, been reading for awhile this is my first post. I am in the process of the 6 month diet where I am supposed to be eating 1500 calories a day. Most days that doesn't happen! I have done one psych apt, the surgeon consult and the info meeting. I am hoping to have it done this fall, hopefully October but who knows. I am so excited. My best friend did it 2 years ago and has lost 275 pounds! Amazing, it's a whole new life for her.

<p style="text-align:center;">Hi everyone! New here, been reading for awhile this is my first post. I am in the process of the 6 month diet where I am supposed to be eating 1500 calories a day. Most days that doesn't happen! I have done one psych apt, the surgeon consult and the info meeting. I am hoping to have it done this fall, hopefully October but who knows. I am so excited. My best friend did it 2 years ago and has lost 275 pounds! Amazing, it's a whole new life for her.</p>

Good luck with everything!!!!

What did she tell you that was scary?

She told me that because of a drop in Protein Hair loss is common and that she knows many people that put all of the weight back on within 7 years. She made it seem like an ordeal that would yield results that wouldn't last. It was pretty discouraging.