Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelings... Whoa, whoa, whoa, feelings....

Had my first real bout of head hunger today. I battled it a bit, but succumbed as well. I had two pork chops for dinner, when one would have been fine. Although the total damage for the day was only slightly over 1200 cal, I'm still unhappy with having eaten twice the amount of meat I needed at dinner. My band didn't stop me, either. I think the restriction I was feeling the week of my first fill is wearing off. Anyway, I know exactly why I was eating. I'm feeling very emotional about my upcoming trip to Italy, when I will see my daughter for the first time since January. She's been studying abroad for the semester, and I have missed her terribly. Also tomorrow I'm bringing home some of my younger college daughter's belongings from Missouri. This will be a crazy week, completely busy, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed. I'm leaving on the road trip for Missouri at 5:30 AM tomorrow, and taking my mom with me. We will have a long emotional conversation on the ride, and I know that is wearing at me as well. Sunday is a Mother's Day family outing that is stressful as well. I'm anxious about money, college tuition, family members fighting, and all the bills that are coming due in May that I have to pay before we leave. I have so much to do in the next six days and I'm frozen on the couch. I didn't even really enjoy the pork chops all that much. Just needed to put this out there. Thanks for listening. Time to get my butt on the treadmill.

Some exercise helped. I'm so preoccupied that the walking didn't even seem endless, like it usually does.

Had my first real bout of head hunger today. I battled it a bit, but succumbed as well. I had two pork chops for dinner, when one would have been fine. Although the total damage for the day was only slightly over 1200 cal, I'm still unhappy with having eaten twice the amount of meat I needed at dinner. My band didn't stop me, either. I think the restriction I was feeling the week of my first fill is wearing off. Anyway, I know exactly why I was eating. I'm feeling very emotional about my upcoming trip to Italy, when I will see my daughter for the first time since January. She's been studying abroad for the semester, and I have missed her terribly. Also tomorrow I'm bringing home some of my younger college daughter's belongings from Missouri. This will be a crazy week, completely busy, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed. I'm leaving on the road trip for Missouri at 5:30 AM tomorrow, and taking my mom with me. We will have a long emotional conversation on the ride, and I know that is wearing at me as well. Sunday is a Mother's Day family outing that is stressful as well. I'm anxious about money, college tuition, family members fighting, and all the bills that are coming due in May that I have to pay before we leave. I have so much to do in the next six days and I'm frozen on the couch. I didn't even really enjoy the pork chops all that much. Just needed to put this out there. Thanks for listening. Time to get my butt on the treadmill.

Relax. Read a book and laugh. Take a bath with bubbles. Then Happy Mothers Day! Enjoy the day.

Hey there, are you breathing ??? Whew ! You've got ALOT on your plate, I'll give you that, but you need to re member that no matter what issues you have to deal with, eating healthy most of the time and exercising will help you cope with the upcoming stress. Eating poorly and not exercising will not help you deal with the upcoming stress. Either way you look at it, you still have to deal with this "stuff", so you might as well deal with it in a strong , healthy mind and body. Hope things go well for you, Happy Mothers Day !!!!!!!

I can totally relate. I'm def an emotional eater. Something I will probably need to work on the rest of my life. I hope this week goes smoothly for you. Happy Mothers Day!

At least it was pork chop and not spaghetti or French fries

Update: had emotional day today as expected. Saw my younger daughter and trekked most of her college stuff home and up the stairs singlehandedly. I'm so grateful for my weight loss, as I wasn't out of breath at all. Will make the trip again in three days to bring her home for the summer. Had a heart to heart with my mom during the long car ride about some serious stuff. Nothing like four and a half hours to talk stuff out. Had lunch at Cracker Barrel and tried their chicken salad for the first time. Yummy! And when I looked up moving boxes in MyFitnessPal, it awarded me more exercise calories burned than my treadmill walking. Unfortunately, this evening I am up two pounds, added to two pounds up the day before. I have swollen ankles from the long car ride two ways, so some of it is Fluid. But I can't help thinking the pork chops are getting their revenge. LOL