Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motorcycle Class

DeLarla

Is this the same girl who is never gonna ride a bike again, just ride behind hubby? You are truly a wild one! :) That is one pretty bike. Happy Birthday WEEK!

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa....

What can I say that you don't already know?

I do like the size it looks like a lightweight bike. Is that little seat on the back for your DH? LOL!

You two kids....what are we gonna do with you?:)

lordy, lordy.. lol. nice bike, delarla. are you still working that second job? lol. you are too much!

have fun on it, but be safe!!

congrats!

Chris said "buy the bigger one that cost $20,000 more." I asked him where we'd live next month when we can't pay the mortgage. He actually suggested selling our home and buying a double-wide trailer. I suggested just living under a bridge. We could have bought 3 of my bikes for the price of his. But we're sharing. Mine is a 2001 Sportster 1200 Custom (trying to sound cool like I know what I'm talking about.) Our 2005 Dyna is like driving a Cadillac compared to my new go-cart.

I hated the colors and almost didn't buy it. Orange is my least favorite, and I hate two-toned. But during my shopping, so many people were saying, "that's a bad ass bike." One of the employees tried to buy it, but they had a hold-tag on it for me. This bike never hit the floor, so we had to move 100 bikes in back just for me to look at it. But the more other people wanted it, the mor I wanted it!

Here's the awesome part. Last night we left the dealer - my first "real big streets" ride on my first Harley. We were at a stop light and 2 guys pulled up next to us, and they cranked their necks to get past Chris, opened their windows, and said, "NICE BIKE" to me like Chris didn't exist. We chatted, and the guy loved it so much that he wants to paint his car orange. They were drooling (most likely over me, right? hahah.)

And before I'd make a deal, I told them I wanted goodies. Extras. Give me free stuff or no deal. Well, the first guy quoted me wrong $1000.00 lower than he should have - the bike hadn't hit the floor yet so it took some digging to find pricing. There was this big, "uht oh" hubbub between supervisors and employees over who screwed up (I eavesdropped.) But I told them, "not my problem" and talked them down another $200, but only if I got goodies. But manager said they can't do it or they'll lose money since all the other bikes were $1000 more. So I started schmoozing my way around the store, working every guy I could. Finally, the finance manager snuck me a pen, a keychain, and a $25.00 gift certificate (shhh shh.) Snickering, I moved on and another guy gave me a Harley mug to hide. Then they were going to charge me over $60.00 to have 4 lights modified (Chris said grey lights instead of orange would be bad ass.) But I had to pay cash... but I called the salesman "Cupcake, and he snuck to the garaga and installed them himself, another hush hush.

But there was one darling hottie that I couldn't crack. No goodies! So I finally got on the bike & started the engine, when he came outside with his hot little body, dreamy bedroom eyes and yummy smile and pulled this big Harley Teddy Bear from behind his back, complete with headband and leather vest. It pissed off the sales guy who ended up with only $28 commission due to their $1000 error, and it was one of their expensive bears. I jumped off my bike and kissed that young lil thang right on the cheek and made him blush. That made my day.

So it's official - I'm a biker. I gotta give up medical care, food, cable TV, electricity and Water. Where can I get one of those washboards to beat my laundry on? But at least Chris and I can stop fighting now. That's why I bought it, to end the fighting. It's been so ugly.

It's madness, I tell you... MADNESS!

And the crazy thing is that I'm quite giddy and can't sleep cuz I wanna ride my bike.

WAVING WHITE FLAG... I SURRENDER!

My brother and sister-in-law came to stay the night with me on Monday night. They had their first appt with my lapband surgeon and are now waiting to see if they can get approved by insurance. They brought me this picture. I'm so glad they are really enjoying their bikes. They often take cross-country trips. To think that my brother had double bypass on his iliac arteries just at New Year's. It's hard to put into words how very scared I was for him and how happy I am that he's LIVING his life and hopefully will be banded and live even better. He's the one who helped me with one of my first NSV's by making sure I got to ride with him. (first time on a bike since i was skinny - 1978). God really did something special when he brought this guy into our family. :-)

My part time job is banging my head against the walls. I was really working part time at the Avenue store for a couple months, but the second Chris destroyed our financial future with the brand new one I quit. Last night, after we got home, I asked, "honey, seriously, how we gonna pay for this crap?"

He said, "uh, duh, I figer'd you worked that out." Worked what out? Did he see me come home with lotto winnings? I was just so very sick and tired of fighting over the bike. Now he can't whine, bitch and throw sissy-girly fits about me taking the Dyna to work. At first he said he'd never ride my baby bike, but after all the compliments I got on the way home, he jumped on it and took it for a spin. Then he sat admiring it. Now his ego will blow through the roof as he brags about his "two Harleys."

No more fighting. That was my goal. Peace and love... peace and love.

Peace and Love

OMG

I can't afford $200 shoes

Bill's in awww He LOVES orange

Very Nice Go-Cart

Hey, I heard McDonalds is hiring!LOL:D

I was showing my DH this thread and now he wants to know when do I want mine! Except he won't buy me a Harley, anything but a Harley.

That bright orange is HOT! And I see you've got fringe too!

DeLarla -

I feel your pain!! I just bought a brand spankin' new Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad cab with all the bells and whistles, including running boards and a spray-in bed liner. Can I afford it - hell no. I'm single, so I have no one blame but myself. I'm self-employed and right now my business is in the shi**er, and there ain't no way I can justify the expense of a new truck - but alas - there it sits in all its glory in my driveway (won't fit in the garage).

Maybe my son and I can move in with you and Chris in Vegas, and share expenses? Or how about this... We all split the cost of a shell for my truck and we live in the back of it???

Leatha - Those are some great looking bikes that your brother has. I think that is nice the two of you are so close. Did everything go o.k. with him for the surgery?

Leatha, that's such a nice post. Thanks for sharing. I won't be doing any long distance on my little go cart. But Chris has been building the trailer, so we'll be able to take them places.

Back to the Dodge Ram with all the bells and whistles - yep, we got one of them, too. But it's a 1997, which should have been paid off 2 years ago. But noooo, he likes to screw around, and paying things off isn't something he comprehends. So we still have the truck payment, which is why I was so mad that he bought the new bike.

He had to work today, and he was really worried I'd go out alone and get hurt. But I've been riding my motorcycle all morning. I'm not stupid, and I don't take dangerous chances. I went to the Avenue to buy underwear on my Harley! It has two saddlebags for girly underwear n' such.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Thanks for not throwing your shoes at the computer when you read that I bought another bike. Nice to have you guys to hold me up!