Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?

Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Did your Doc require a pre-op diet?

• No
    • Yes, a liquid diet
    • Yes, modified fat, carbs, protein

I have been on my pre-op clear liquid diet for 10 days now, only 3 left!! (pre-op that is, I will still have it for 4 weeks post -op)

It consists of:

~2-3 30gr ea Protein Drink (I put 4 ice cubes, 1 heaping scoop of the Protein Powder, 1 tsp of instant Decaf & 4 oz of Water into my Magic Bullet & let it blend till the ice is not rattling around. It makes it nice & smooth like a good frapucino!:lol:)

~64 oz of water

~chicken or strained Soup broth

~sugar free Jello

~Crystal Light or the like (I buy Wal-Mart brand singles to go, much cheaper)

~Diet Juice

~V-8

~I can also have sugar free popsicles, but haven't yet.

I have been losing anywhere from 1 - 2.5 lbs a day.

My surgery is Tuesday!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!!!

Edited by shome

My surgeon had me go on 14 days of liquids - 3 servings of Protein Shake (I'm doing Myoplex Lite) or cream Soup (strained out solids), and then unlimited amounts of sugar free liquids, frozen popsicles, sugar-free cocoa, etc. The only limit that I don't like is the limit they put on sugar-free fudgecicles - I can only have 1-2 per day! Haha ... I've lost about 10 pounds in 8 days of the diet, but I'm hanging in there :lol:. I'm positive that my liver must be about half the size it was! My clinic also has the "0" pound rule - if you weigh even ONE POUND more on the day of your surgery, than your initial consult weight, "the surgery WILL BE CANCELLED". I actually have an diabetic friend who was going through the pre-op "stuff", and she actually gained weight from having to inject insulin ... needless to say, her surgery was cancelled. She tried again, though, and was finally successful in November of last year.

Mine is 2 weeks of Clear Liquids (broths, sugar free drinks like crystal light, etc). I was told that my doctor used to allow other types of liquids, but that he was tired of people "expelling" on his surgical table. Queue the eye roll here. But I guess it's a good test of character and determination. So I'll do what it takes !

Yesterday I went for my pre-op visit. I don't have to go on any pre-op diet. my surgery date is 8/4/08. Now, I'm a combination of scared and excited.:tt2::smile:

Hi - my doctor requires a 10 day pre-op liquid diet. So I can have clear liquids, Protein Shakes, etc. Then the day before the surgery it is clear liquids only and nothing after midnight. I'm really surprised about the variation of diets for before the surgery. It never occurred to me that everyone wouldn't be on the same type of diet! Anyway, after the surgery is 1 week of clear liquids again, 3 days of full liquids (like yogurt, cream Soups, etc.), 3 days of pureed foods, 1 week of mashed, 1 week of soft foods (like eggs, cottage cheese, etc) and then a normal band diet. But I am really lucky that there are no requirements as to weight gain or anything. So even if I happen to gain weight before the surgery, they aren't going to cancel it. YEAH!! :smile:

BigHarleyguy, why did they tell you it would cost six thousand more than the original price if you was self pay. Self pay is usually one price regardless of how much you have to lose. I am self pay and it did not cost more depending on how much I wanted to lose.

I would like to know if you have the surgery in Mexico does the Doctor put you on a pre-op diet or not. Also do you think it is a good idea to put yourself on a pre-op diet.

From what I was told (by other pre op patients), we have to do a two week liquid diet while we are doing the classes just to make sure we can do it and then we do it again two weeks prior to surgery.

2 days clear liquids is all my surgeon wants.

NO!!

i had no pre-op diet yay!!

everyone's liver is a diffrent size, theres really no point to be on a pre-op diet, unless its to make your surgery sucessfull

I had my surgery in Tijuana Maxico by Dr. Kuri and if your BMI (body mas index) is under 45 he does not require a pre-op diet. The Kiver Shrinking Diet doesn't hurt, no matter what your weight. I was 264 lbs. at time of surgery and did not diet and was just fine with easy recovery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches