Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Oh yes, unfortunately I do know they make Thin Mint ice cream :rolleyes:

They also make a Birthday Cake flavor-and it's LIGHT! WooHoo!!!

Damn, now I want ice cream. :)

mix some soy milk in the blender with bunches of ice. It totally helps! I'm a HUGE Ice cream feind, so if it helps me, it should help you!

I also have been doing really bad since thanksgiving. I have been keeping up with the exercise (I run 20-25miles a week) and keeping my meals small but it’s between meals where I am have a hard time. It’s really weird; I have never been in to the sweet stuff. I am fat because I would eat a 5 lbs piece of lasagna or a 5lbs egg and sausage burrito. Now that I don’t eat any of that stuff I started to eat sweets. I eat mostly Cookies and cake; I’ve been eating them pretty much everyday for the last few weeks. I tell myself I will only eat one cookie then I eat that one cookie and it’s on. I figure I messed up buy eating that one cookie and I say the hell with it and I eat more. (A lot more) Anyone else have the same problem? I think I will do much better once I find that new job I have been talking about. A job that doesn’t give me free cookies anytime I want.

So from this point on I am swearing off all sweets. I need to get back on track before I start to gain my weight back.

Yes, Dan, I can relate. I was not fat because I ate candy...I was fat because I love lasagna and pizza and steak and mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese...the list goes on. And like you, now I want cookies, cake and ice cream...never was a problem before. I find I have to go all or nothing, so now I'm back to nothing after the holidays and my mother-in-laws' home made chocolate layer cakes with home made chocolate icing full of walnuts! (That cake weighs a TON and tastes of heaven!)

A job that doesn't give you free cookies? Are you quitting offshore?

P.S. My kids just made brownies! :help:

OMG you guys sound just like me. I am really into sweets also. Since just before Christmas. I try to justify it when I eat it. Especially if it is Peanut Butter cups. I tell myself it has Protein in it.

OMG that had me laughing out loud and made my dogs jump up from their naps!

I'm such a protein fiend that I'm so glad I never thought of that or I would have been stuffing Reese's to reach my protein goals!

You are awesome, but I'm glad you are getting away from that kind of thinking, though, too! LOL

Yes. PB in chocolate soy shakes makes them taste like a reeses!![/qu..ote]

SUZE!!! I MEANT TO TELL YA!

I TRIED NATURAL Peanut Butter IN MY CHOCOLATE Protein Drink LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

OH......MY.......GOD

WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THAT LAST JUNE?!?!?

(No excuses about not knowing me yet...LOL)

AND THE BOOST IN Protein IS OBSCENE!

I SO LOVE THAT NOW!

yikes - y'all are making me hungry :P

I've been on to the sweets lately too. I was never a sweets person before (I'm meat, mashed potato, mac & cheese kind of girl). I can't eat much chocolate though (thank God) - I get an acid taste in the back of my throat since I've had the band. I get it even after 1 M&M - wierd.

I'm definitely going to try the PB in the choc Protein Shakes though - that sounds divine!

yikes - y'all are making me hungry :P

I've been on to the sweets lately too. I was never a sweets person before (I'm meat, mashed potato, mac & cheese kind of girl). I can't eat much chocolate though (thank God) - I get an acid taste in the back of my throat since I've had the band. I get it even after 1 M&M - wierd.

I'm definitely going to try the PB in the choc Protein Shakes though - that sounds divine!

OMG! I WISH I couldn't eat chocolate. I remember reading about the band before I had surgery, and some people said their tastes chanegd and they no longer wanted sweets... Oh how I was hoping that would happen to ME! I have been MUCH better though on controlling it. During Thanksgiving at my family's and even the whole Holiday season at work, I didn't eat NEARLY as much as I would have pre-band... and all just cause I didn't want the scale to tell me how BAD I was!

PS. I was down to 301.1 today. TWOterville better be here by MONDAY or I'll SCREAM!

P.S. My kids just made brownies! :help:

Kick the kids out. If they can cook then it's time they live on their own. Lol. J/K. My roommate made pizza last night, then ate cheesecake. He was very nearly homeless...

Yes. PB in Chocolate soy shakes makes them taste like a reeses!![/qu..ote]

SUZE!!! I MEANT TO TELL YA!

I TRIED NATURAL Peanut Butter IN MY CHOCOLATE Protein DRINK LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

OH......MY.......GOD

WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THAT LAST JUNE?!?!?

(No excuses about not knowing me yet...LOL)

AND THE BOOST IN PROTEIN IS OBSCENE!

I SO LOVE THAT NOW!

Ahh, I just learned this a couple months ago... I was in the 6-week weightloss challenge thing and one woman suggested it. Freaking AMAZING! But - I can't have PB in my house or else I try to eat it all. Lol. I dunno... maybe I'll get to the heallthfood store and buy some all natural... it will be too expensive for me to just sit and eat. Haha!

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!! Yikes! I hear you though. I bought some back then. My bad spots are the Thin Mints. I had ordered from 2 girl scouts and got caught at the store last weekend with my 3 1/2 year old daughter when they had a booth set up. So, let's see...that's 1 box Thin Mints, 1 box Peanut Butter Sandwich, 1 box Lemonades, 4 boxes Cinna-Whirls (those are packaged in 100 calorie packets, so not so bad on those and the kids love 'em).

So I sat down last night to watch one of my inspirations, "Biggest Loser" and what did I do...I grabbed two Thin Mints....then two more and two more...then I stopped. Which for me is good because before I would have scarfed down the entire box at a time. Now, said Thin Mints will be somewhere else tomorrow and not in my house. The others I can walk away from easier...hopefully.

Biggest Loser's wall of truth was neat last night. I think it actually opened my hubby's eyes to the amount of calories and tons of sugar he consumes. (He used to drink 3 32 oz. Dr. Pepper's a day at one point...he's down to 1 of those now but calls it "one pop" instead of "3 servings"...trying to get him to look at serving sizes more.) -- btw, there are approx. 26 g. of sugar in an 8 oz. serving of Dr. Pepper, 226 g. equals one cup, and it takes 2 c. of sugar to equal a pound. So at the old rate of drinking (say 12 servings of Dr. Pepper)...in one day he'd have consumed 312 g. of sugar, in one week 2,194 g. for a grand total of...drumroll.....9.6 c of sugar IN ONE WEEK! Agh!!!! Over a year, that's 502.5 c. of sugar. I don't even want to think of calories.

BTW....Better Homes & Gardens published a Special Interest Publication called Diet 2008 and I grabbed it at my local store. It has some great tips. Did you know there is a company in colorado who prepares and packages boxes of fruit in donut cartons for you to buy and take to work like you would those little sugar-filled -horrible-tasting-calorie-hordes? Pretty neat, I thought. (Could you tell that I used to be a donut-a-holic?)

I don't really eat fresh fruit, but yesterday I went to Wal-mart, determined to get fresh fruit. Instead I found these little snack packs of fresh fruit. Like something you might pack in your kid's lunch. There were 5 bags inside of one large bag. Each of the smaller bags contained apple slices and grapes.

It was right below the bags of salad. I bought a bag and they're good. It's just the right serving and I can shove it in my bag for a snack.

Just thought I'd share...

Stef, I do plan on getting out of the offshore industry, I just got to find something better. I have been doing this for 8 years now and it’s all I really know. I just am having a real hard time controlling the snacking, I will be up on watch with nothing really going on and just think about all the fresh homemade Cookies and cake downstairs. And it’s so easy for me to grab a few and I don’t want to gain any weight back. Also this Christmas kind of messed with my head a little, The last time I was home for Christmas was the year a graduated from high school (2000) so I think if I want to change my career I better do it while I am still kind of young. I am looking at becoming a Lineman for a power company. But it might take a while for me to get in so I sure I will be offshore for a while longer.

Bigbaby Thanks for emailing Toni, I hope she comes back, I miss her and a few others, Hollie, Monica, and probably other regulars that have stopped posting!

dan My 22 year old son is a groundsman for Dominion Power in Virginia. He is on the job there a bit over a year and he was accepted into the lineman school. He started in November. He makes good money and great benefits. He loves to tell me how much more money he makes than friends who went to college. but it is a physical job and dangerous. But he likes it.

dan and stef I am like you two, I love real food, not really a big sweet craver, however, since the LB, when I can't eat what I want I do turn sometimes to sweets that are around. Yuk

Thank you for all your responses. I went to the doctor yesterday, no fill, but that was fine, I did not need one. I only lost 1 lb according to them (however I am still up two from a long time ago). I will take the 1 lb since it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In years past I would have gained 10. So, now it is time to get back to the basics. She talked to me about the choices of food I am making because of the limited foods that I can't eat. she suggested I journal too. I don't go back until March.

does anyone use daily plate or fitday? which one do you like most?

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!! Yikes! I hear you though. I bought some back then. My bad spots are the Thin Mints. I had ordered from 2 girl scouts and got caught at the store last weekend with my 3 1/2 year old daughter when they had a booth set up. So, let's see...that's 1 box Thin Mints, 1 box Peanut Butter Sandwich, 1 box Lemonades, 4 boxes Cinna-Whirls (those are packaged in 100 calorie packets, so not so bad on those and the kids love 'em).

So I sat down last night to watch one of my inspirations, "Biggest Loser" and what did I do...I grabbed two Thin Mints....then two more and two more...then I stopped. Which for me is good because before I would have scarfed down the entire box at a time. Now, said Thin Mints will be somewhere else tomorrow and not in my house. The others I can walk away from easier...hopefully.

Biggest Loser's wall of truth was neat last night. I think it actually opened my hubby's eyes to the amount of calories and tons of sugar he consumes. (He used to drink 3 32 oz. Dr. Pepper's a day at one point...he's down to 1 of those now but calls it "one pop" instead of "3 servings"...trying to get him to look at serving sizes more.) -- btw, there are approx. 26 g. of sugar in an 8 oz. serving of Dr. Pepper, 226 g. equals one cup, and it takes 2 c. of sugar to equal a pound. So at the old rate of drinking (say 12 servings of Dr. Pepper)...in one day he'd have consumed 312 g. of sugar, in one week 2,194 g. for a grand total of...drumroll.....9.6 c of sugar IN ONE WEEK! Agh!!!! Over a year, that's 502.5 c. of sugar. I don't even want to think of calories.

BTW....Better Homes & Gardens published a Special Interest Publication called Diet 2008 and I grabbed it at my local store. It has some great tips. Did you know there is a company in colorado who prepares and packages boxes of fruit in donut cartons for you to buy and take to work like you would those little sugar-filled -horrible-tasting-calorie-hordes? Pretty neat, I thought. (Could you tell that I used to be a donut-a-holic?)

I saw the lil twits selling GSCookies outside my Walmart today. I just drove through the parkinglot and went to Price Chopper for my groceries. Lol. I have been craving ice cream so badly... I broke down and bought the fat free no sugar added kind... I figure it's not as bad as the other.. PLus it works as a colon cleanse... was that TMI?

Biggest Loser was awesome last night. The Wall of truth and the Temptaion thing. OMG. I don't know if I could have gone and pigged out on that stuff if I saw the calorie value posted above it. If places like Krispy Kreme and Starbucks and convenience stores postes calorie values over their donuts and soads and coffess, etc, I think most people would think twice about what they choose to eat and drink.There IS a reason that 'nutritional' labels are small and on the BACKS of packages!! (same goes for ingredients!)

I don't really eat fresh fruit, but yesterday I went to Wal-mart, determined to get fresh fruit. Instead I found these little snack packs of fresh fruit. Like something you might pack in your kid's lunch. There were 5 bags inside of one large bag. Each of the smaller bags contained apple slices and grapes.

It was right below the bags of salad. I bought a bag and they're good. It's just the right serving and I can shove it in my bag for a snack.

Fresh fruits... I'm BAD with this one. I have this whole bug phobia thing. BUT I bought 3 aples. I figure if I can take them to work and have them as a snack I'll be good in the afternoons. Of course I'll have to take a knife to peel, core and cut up the apple. The bug phbia will NEVER let me just bit into a peice of fruit. Lol. I have to fully dismember it and inspect it first!

Just thought I'd share...

Stef, I do plan on getting out of the offshore industry, I just got to find something better. I have been doing this for 8 years now and it’s all I really know. I just am having a real hard time controlling the snacking, I will be up on watch with nothing really going on and just think about all the fresh homemade Cookies and cake downstairs. And it’s so easy for me to grab a few and I don’t want to gain any weight back. Also this Christmas kind of messed with my head a little, The last time I was home for Christmas was the year a graduated from high school (2000) so I think if I want to change my career I better do it while I am still kind of young. I am looking at becoming a Lineman for a power company. But it might take a while for me to get in so I sure I will be offshore for a while longer.

I have a friend that is a Lineman in Nebraska. (Started here in Kansas City, then was in LA Cali, and now Omaha Nebraska...) He is totally awesome, and makes GREAT money. And you are so right about making the career change while you are YOUNG! If it's something you wanna do, I think you should go for it!