Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Stef thanks for your support! I truly appreciate it. After posting this morning before my shower I got on the scale and I am at 197? so who the heck knows. I will take it!

When I went in to the lab for my fill yesterday, there were about 5 woman all waiting, it was all their first. One woman said to me, wow you look great, and did not even think I had it. When people give you what are seen as positive, can turn into a sabotage! Stef do you ever slip into that trap, when your family tells you to stop losing, giving yourself permission to eat? I try to prevent it, but it can give you a green light to be off the goals.

Suzzzzie You are doing FANTASTIC!! 75 big ones! that body bug is really giving you the positives isn't it?

Julie great NSV, clothes that are smaller makes you feel fantastic!!!

thanks for the group support, it is great. Speaking of, where is Toni, Dan, Margo, Heather?

Suzzie - CONGRATS on the weight loss!

Stef - you are doing great!

I am not even sure where I am with my fill level. I am still tight thank goodness. I haven't had a fill since Sept and I won't be able to get one until at least Jan, probably Feb since I am moving. I am down 97lbs this morning, so all is well.

I am off to Nashville this weekend, then hopefully the family will be joining me after the 1st of the year.

Hubby is better after 3 rounds a meds. He needs a scope to confirm that it is gone, but we can't get that done until we get to Nashville. He won't get a fill until he know for sure, so I am afraid he is going to gain weight again. He is up 5lbs and can eat anything he wants. At least he is not in pain though.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

SUZZZIE - Thanks for the compliment! And 75 pounds?!?!? WOW! You will definitely be 299 or lower by New Years at this rate! I know you can do it!

JAVA - You are most welcome! And I'm so glad to hear you were back in ONE-derland this morning! I understand what you are saying about taking the compliments as green lights to eat or "reward" yourself. I think that is likely very common. Unfortunately, I have the opposite problem, which can be just as self-destructive: I am stubborn and pig-headed to insanity. I don't care what ANYBODY says...it will not affect my plan. It will frustrate the HELL out of me, but it just makes me want to prove the whole damn world wrong and that I can do it. Like I said many times...I'm just a "little" competitive. (But luckily mostly only with/for myself.) When I've gone off the "master plan", it's because I decided to, only to kick myself later. (i.e. the mint milk chocolate covered Oreo fiasco a while back that I posted!) I guess we all backslide once in a while, for whatever reason, huh?

I'm going out of town AGAIN this weekend to Houston. UGH! I really hate that drive, but I gotta see hubby on his last weekend on dry land before Christmas! I wish I knew of a decent place to ride my bike down there, but I just don't know the area very well. So I'll leave "my girl" home again this weekend. TONS to do before I go, so I will say to all, "Have a great weekend and I'll see ya back here next week!"

Love y'all!

Suzzie

Congrats on the AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS...How many calories are you getting in a day? What's a typical daily menu like for you?

I have a Protein Shake every morning - and its GOOD. Lol. Currently I'm stuck on this one: chocolate light soy milk (80 cals per 8oz!), 2 tbsp reduced fat Peanut Butter, scoop of my GNC brand soy Protein Powder (25 gm) and 4-6 ice cubes... it is sooo good and chocolatey! Reminds me of the flavor of the Reeses PB Cereal. Lol. It;s like 425 cals... I take in the most cals in the morning because I have all day to burn it off! Then for a snack I have a FF yogurt, or a light string cheese. lunch is usually part of a Lean cuisine or a few bites chicken breast. Afternoon snack is usually my 'treat' so a couple peices of DOve dark chocolate or a 100 cal pack. dinner is typically whatever is left over from my lunch. And late evening 'snack' is typically me thinking 'OMG! I need veggies!' which are soooo hard for me to get down. I likethe green giant brand of brocolli with cheese sauce in single serving size. ..but my biggest secret to get in fruits/veggies (I just can't eat them, they get STUCK!) is the V8 fusion Light - like 50 cals per serving and it is a full serving of fruits and veggies.

Woo... I eat boring foods. I've never been creative in the kitchen... though I did make some good crock pot chicken last night! I put 4 large chicken breasts in the crock with a jar of apricot/pinapple preserves and a couple 'splashes' of soy sauce. Even my roommate loved it. Perfect combo of sweet and tangy. And I don't worry about sodium cause I drink a TON of water... besides, soy sauce has lots of antioxidants which are GOOD for you. :clap2:

SUZZZIE - Thanks for the compliment! And 75 pounds?!?!? WOW! You will definitely be 299 or lower by New Years at this rate! I know you can do it!

I'm going out of town AGAIN this weekend to Houston. UGH! I really hate that drive, but I gotta see hubby on his last weekend on dry land before Christmas! I wish I knew of a decent place to ride my bike down there, but I just don't know the area very well. So I'll leave "my girl" home again this weekend. TONS to do before I go, so I will say to all, "Have a great weekend and I'll see ya back here next week!"

Love y'all!

Thanks Stef! I certainly HOPE I make 299... it's been YEARS YEARS YEARS since I was under 300!! I feel like it won't ever happen, though I know it will. ANd then I'll fight my way into ONEderland!

HOUSTON!!!! Thats where my friend Jenifer lives (actually she's in Stafford). I swear in March 2009 (when my current lease is up!) I'm moving down there. It's supposed to SNOW here I think tonight or tomorrow or something. I HATE snow. OK... snow itse;f is OK, its when it melts then re-freezes on the highways that I HATE! :D Ugh!

End rant. Lol.

Love you all! Nighty Night!

Suzz, you're doing great. From the sounds of your meal plan, you have some good restriction going on.

How about the rest of you that are losing? How's the restriction?

I'm about ready to scream and rant and cry and throw a tantrum....I have no friggin' restriction. Even after a .4 fill on Saturday....less than before. I'm so sick of this. I can eat a burger and fries, a salad with raw veggies, a whole apple, 2 glasses of milk, rice, Peanut Butter and jam on toast. I swear I had more restriction at Thanksgiving than this. What the heck?

O2B - I'm jealous. I would LOVE a salad... a burger... fries... Lol. I know you don't want to be able to eat those things... But yeah... I miss them./ And PIZZA! Jeez. At least I know why I'm fat! Lol. I do feel very lucky to have gotten my sweet spot so quickly. (I have 7cc in a 10cc band.)

O2B: I feel for you....I can eat a little more, because I had a slight unfill.

I know this will be HARD...EXTREMELY HARD....I know because it's hard for me!!! Try fixing your plate and take half of it off. Example: If you get a burger--cut it in half and remove it from the plate---and when the half is finished, stop and make a mental assessment to see if you are at least satisified--not stuffed. Say to yourself "I am full"---it's mental--I just try and trick myself and say it's a tool.

Also, from reading Suzzie's posts and several others, I have started trying to have 6 small meals rather than the doctor recommended 3 meals a day.....I know it's in direct opposition from the lapband doctor, but it helps me because I LIKE TO EAT!!!!!!

Well Junies---it's almost time to post the 6 month pictures...I will be posting on Dec. 18th..Six months to the date...Who else is willing to post???????????

I'll be brave and post :( My 6 months is on Christmas day :(

I cannot believe it has been almost 6 months already!

Suzzie - you are doing sooooo great!! You are definitely going to make your goal for New Years!!

Rhonda - I am so sorry for your frustration. Like Suzzzie I feel very lucky to be at my sweet spot, I know it could be totally different. I do have good restriction, but I can eat through it sometimes, if I want to. I managed to get a whole piece of thin crust pizza in last night, it took me an hour, but I got it in. I am really bad about the main rules - eat slow and chew well, but that works to my advantage, because I don't usually get stuck, slime and PB - I just know I can't get anymore in. I do actually forget sometimes that I have the band - but it quickly reminds me :-)!

I am a very bad example though - I don't exercise, I don't drink Protein, and I hardly eat veggies - I hate them! I can only say that what I am doing works for me. I sincerely hope, wish and pray everyone can find what works for them on this journey.

The 'residual fat pad' thing confuses me. I guess it's a layer of fat over the stomach??? I've seen an operation on youtube and there was fat there. It wasn't a huge amount however. Didn't seem like enough to affect restriction.

That's exactly what it is. You are correct, it isn't a huge amount, but remember in Wendel's thread he mentions how even a fill/unfill of 0.1-0.2 cc/mL can make a HUGE difference in restriction. That's that fat pad. As we lose, it shrinks, but it is different for everyone. Just as we all lose in our bodies differently, the rate at which we lose from inside our bodies is different, too. A tiny layer of fat can make a huge difference when you are talking fractions of a mL changing restriction level.

Well Junies---it's almost time to post the 6 month pictures...I will be posting on Dec. 18th..Six months to the date...Who else is willing to post???????????

Not me, I haven't lost a thing in three months. I slacked off on my exercise and started eating bad stuff again. Though not nearly in the quantities I had been eating them. I'm frustrated. I know what I should be doing, I just can't seem to get my groove back and do it.

I'll get there, eventually.

faithmd--i'm rooting for you!!!! maybe you'll be ready on your 1 year banderversary!!!

I'm nervous about posting.....but we'll see as the 18th approaches.....

Janine, I went for a fill yesterday also. I'm discouraged but trying my best to maintain the weight loss I have. I haven't had any weight loss in a month either I know the feeling. I can still eat alot more meat than I should be able to at one sitting. I can't figure it out. Hang in there.We'll make it somehow.

Sheila