Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I got this from obesityhelp.com - only because I couldn't get on here! I hate when this is down.

I know most of you aren't country music fans, but wanted to share my brushes with singers today. I am in Nashville, staying at the Hilton downtown - which is right next door to where the CMA awards will be held Wed. This is "CMA week" in Nashville, so all of the stars are doing radio interviews. Most of the radio stations are set-up in this hotel. I was waiting for my car this morning and in drove Josh Turner and Taylor Swift. When I got back from work tonight Terry Clark was in the lobby. I am a huge country music fan - but to old to go gaga, so I just passed on by, but it is fun. I heard Kenny Chesney was supposed to show up sometime, so I am glad I am checking out tomorrow - I am sure there will be a lot of screaming women for him. Some one told me Keith Urban was in earlier, sorry I missed him - he is CUTE.

Karla - you will have to upload your photos to a website like Photobucket.com, then you can paste a link from there.

Wow! How cool! I'm not a huge country fan, but Garth Brooks was here tonight at the new Sprint Center. Lol. KC was in an uproar. Haha

Suzz, mine was set at 3.25, now it's at 3.0. My burn target is now down to 2800, so that should be more do-able. She put my cal target at 1150 instead of 1350. She showed me a bunch of stuff on the site...it's soooooo coooooool!! I'm psyched!

Wow! I wish my coach would lower mine! She said she did it cause I Was burning on average about 3300 cals, so she wanted me to have to 'work harder' and set my goal at 3450 cals burned. Which automatically increased my intacke from 1200 to 1950. But I must say that I still hit around 3200-3500 burned each day and only eat 1000-1500 (I had a lil run in with some ice cream the other day!)

Hi Suzzzie, Is there a discount code to get the $159 price? I have someone interested in this price. Let me know thanks, Sheila

Has anyone been experiencing a problem with the site, slow and not getting to the main page? I have verizon coming up saying there is no such site, and then a page saying the site is down, and then today, hard to sign on and very slow??? I want to see if it is the site or my pc?

You guys are amazing. I looked up the gadget and I will wait on it. I don't think I want to spend that much money yet. do you have to input everyday what you eat? I am not sure how it even works.

Hi Suzzzie, Is there a discount code to get the $159 price? I have someone interested in this price. Let me know thanks, Sheila

You just have to watch for sales... now that its the end of the year I'd check it daily. (24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs)

Has anyone been experiencing a problem with the site, slow and not getting to the main page? I have verizon coming up saying there is no such site, and then a page saying the site is down, and then today, hard to sign on and very slow??? I want to see if it is the site or my pc?

You guys are amazing. I looked up the gadget and I will wait on it. I don't think I want to spend that much money yet. do you have to input everyday what you eat? I am not sure how it even works.

YES! It was down forever a week ago Saturday, and now it was down all day Sunday!! I hate when I can't come here. I swear I'm addicted. This is what I do now instead of eating out of 'boredom'!!!

As far as the bodybugg goes, they are cheaper at 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs, though they have been jumping the price up and down. You really have to watch for a sale and just grab it. I got mine for $230.

Basically you just wear it on your right arm, against your triceps, and through the magic of technology it measures how many calories you burn each minute of the day. It also works like a pedometer and counts your steps for you. At the end of the day I upload my Bugg to the computer and then I log in my food for the day. Now, they do have some pre-programmed fods, but I always log my own cause I like the generic Walmart brands, cause I'm poor. Lol. But, once you add in your foods they are there, and the next time you eat that you just click on it and it will add to your foods consumed. It's really rather easy. I've never counted calories before... thought I'd hate it, but its FUN cause in the end I get to see my nutrition breakdown! It adds up all your Protein, your carbs, your fats, your Fiber, etc... And you get to see your calorie burned/consumed and the deficit that it creates! (Sorry, can you tell Im still in love with this thing?!)

By the way, I named my Bugg Ralph. Ha!:kiss2:

OK, So I'm probably the only person in the history of the world who has ever done a "happy dance" about weighing in at 317.6. Lol Thats right all! I did the freaking HAPPY DANCE this morning. I've lost nearly 65 pounds since I began this journey... and a part of me never really thought it would 'work' for me, so I'm just so stinkin excited!

Now.. I just wanna get 7.6 pounds off by Thanksgiving... (it's never enough, is it?? I think I'm now obsessed with losing weight, and the bodybugg. Haha!)

Holli--

Congrats on the exercise...I'm off track right now, but as soon as my conference ends (Nov. 11) I will get back in the gym!!!!!

Hope all is well!!!!

ja9va, Yes I have experienced problems with this site last Sunday especially. Usually its pretty reliable though. I thought they might be working on it on Sunday.

Sheila

Suzzie I did a happy dance for you too. 65 # is so so so great. You keep going and I'll do the same.HA HA I'm over the top ab out this body bugg. My pet name is bugger I love mu "BUGGER".

You go GIRL. Sheila

Hello all!

It's been a while. I'm just checking in and am very happy about the overall success of our group so far.

The site was too busy for me to keep up with! I was also not at all happy with my band, and honestly was feeling bad about myself for not having the success that others were having. I didn't feel that was healthy for me, so I dropped off the face of LBT earth!

Anyway, I'm doing better. I have had 3cc in a 4cc band for a month now, and it's made a huge difference. I was supposed to have an appt with my doc today (my monthly) but cancelled it cause I think I need to sit at this spot a little longer.

A little advice, if I may...

At 2.5 cc, I slimed on just about everything I ate! However, at night I was usually able to overeat and did so because I was so happy something was going down! When I went to see my doc, he insisted on adding more to the band. I was worried. I was already sliming ALOT and couldn't imagine being any tighter. Well... that's why he's the surgeon, cause he was right!

It's much better now. I still have my problem foods, but I rarely throw up (get stuck/slime) anymore. I am usually only able to eat a very small amount of food and have learned when to stop. If I don't, I still get in trouble.

I know one of the signs of being too tight is frequent sliming; however, it might be a sign of too little fill as well. I know that's odd... but here's my theory. I didn't discuss this with my doc, it's just my thoughts on it... At 2.5cc I think my opening was too loose to make things stay in the pouch, but too tight for things to pass through. It was the perfect size to "catch" everything, and therefore everything got stuck. NOW, I actually have it smaller and less gets trough the opening initially. It's actually sitting in that pouch and partially digesting and slowing passing on through.

Anyway, just a thought. If you're not losing and are sliming alot, talk to your doc about getting more Fluid put in.

For the first time in 5 months, my band is working! I lost 10 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I didn't think it was EVER going to happen for me!

This is the hardest thing I've ever done. Harder than any diet or weight loss program attempted in the past. I have had more physical and emotional pain with this band than I would have ever imagined possible. It's not an easy solution! It's hard as hell! To anyone reading this, it took over 4 months for me to have even the first ray of sunshine... 4 months of absolute hell.

May I never go back there again! Hang in there, and continued luck to everyone!

Suzzzie - Yay! I also did the happy dance for you. That's awesome.

Welcome back Hotty Toddy

mj that is so cool. I love Josh Turner, he is a hotty! He looks so different than his voice would tell you! It is so deap! I did not watch the awards for I am out of town on business.

Heather GREAT to have you back. I really understand your position and frustration. If you go back to some of the pre operation posts and soon after surgery, we all felt this was not the "easy" way out as some outsiders would suggest to us! But more like hte hardest challenge of our lives and a life long commitment!! I think we forget that when we are not losing or we are depressed or lacking what we feel is success.

I have not lost but a lb in 4 weeks, but I know why! i am not exercising and I am cheating on bad stuff, which is hurting me.I know this. I think that I am at that boredom stage you go through in a diet after being on one for a while. do you know what I mean? I hope to whip my butt back into shape. So, don't feel so alone, there are many of us who are going through that "dry" time...

Having said all that GREAT JOB on losing 10 LBS!!!!:clap2:

Hope you stick around!

:hug: Heather!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to see you back posting! I missed you! I'm glad your band is finally working for you, it was a little stubburn wasn't it? I know what you mean about being where you need to be and cancelling your appt, I just cancelled my appt for tomorrow! I feel like I was very lucky to get my sweet spot after 3 fills, I've been holding this one for 8 weeks now... I'm hoping it lasts for a while! - - ANYWAY, its great to see you back here! Congrats on the 10 pounds!! :)