Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I need your secret! LOL 4_11_4.gif

(Anyone who "gets" this picture is AWESOME, too! :))

Thank you! Stephani, I lost 23lbs. before surgery. I've onlylost 44 lbs since surgery. I haven't had a fill yet. My doctor said that's normal, I just can't eat alot. I do step aerobics, jog 5 miles and learning to weight train next week. I don't eat 2-3hours prior to bed time and I drink my bidy weight in Water. I do take Lipo6 as a thermogenic and EAS Phosphagen with creatine to build muscle.

Thank you! Stephani, I lost 23lbs. before surgery. I've onlylost 44 lbs since surgery. I haven't had a fill yet. My doctor said that's normal, I just can't eat alot. I do step aerobics, jog 5 miles and learning to weight train next week. I don't eat 2-3hours prior to bed time and I drink my bidy weight in Water. I do take Lipo6 as a thermogenic and EAS Phosphagen with creatine to build muscle.

I see. How's that Lipo 6 working out for you? I just started (today) a cycle of Advantra-Z that I am hoping will push my workouts over the top and rev my metabolism. My weight is not dropping very much, but my body fat is dropping like crazy. I lift weights and do cardio six days a week, alternating the weights between upper and lower body, but I do various ab work and crunches every day...and I ride my bike about 30 miles three times a week. I was going to start with a personal trainer next week, but I cancelled that today because I've gotten very comfortable with the weight room and just don't feel it is necessary.

Man, I can't believe you have not had a fill yet! That is amazing. I go for my fourth on Monday. If memory serves me correctly, though...I have less than 3cc in my band...but I really don't recall and will have to ask on Monday.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Hello all! Yes I know I've been bad about keeping up with all of you! When my hubby is home he dominates the puter and he's been home more than not lately so there's my excuse!! LOL Oh yeah notice the HUGE move in my ticker!! ;-)))) I've had a rough week this week UGH I feel like I have an eating DEMON!! Like every time I turn around I am poking something in my mouth! It's not always "bad" stuff but still!! I'm just wondering what's up! Oh yeah another really weird thing is I'm craving ANYTHING salty!! I have always liked salt but good grief! Nuts boiled peanuts chips (tortilla w/ hot sauce) etc. I really thought I'd be swollen from all the salt I had yesterday but so far I'm not. Oh well just wanted to say hello to all and let ya know I'm still alive and kicking!!

Man, I can't believe you have not had a fill yet! That is amazing. I go for my fourth on Monday. If memory serves me correctly, though...I have less than 3cc in my band...but I really don't recall and will have to ask on Monday.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Thanks Stephanie! I can't wait until I have thighs like yours!:clap2:

Thanks Stephanie! I can't wait until I have thighs like yours!:clap2:

Thank you very much!

:omg: Yet you know not what you say...they are my worst spot! I'm hoping the weights will get them toned up and get rid of the dimples (ick). It IS working, though...they say you can't get rid of fat cells, only shrink them...but it's working, thank goodness.

Hi all. I haven't been online for about a month because I've been really busy with a new job and travel. I am, however, thoroughly fed up with constantly being hungry. I swear I am just as hungry as before surgery and I am not scheduled for my first fill until 10/11. My insurance makes me wait 90 days and I will be away on business so I had to postpone it another 2 weeks beyond that.

Is there anyone else that has gone 3 months without a fill? I basically haven't lost a single pound in the past few weeks because I am caving in to my hunger. This is awful and I wish my doctor had warned me I'd have to suffer for this long without any help. It's really frustrating to read that others have already gotten several fills.

If anyone is in the same boat, please let me know how you are managing because I am really struggling with this. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnG viewpost.gif

Hi all. I haven't been online for about a month because I've been really busy with a new job and travel. I am, however, thoroughly fed up with constantly being hungry. I swear I am just as hungry as before surgery and I am not scheduled for my first fill until 10/11. My insurance makes me wait 90 days and I will be away on business so I had to postpone it another 2 weeks beyond that.

Is there anyone else that has gone 3 months without a fill? I basically haven't lost a single pound in the past few weeks because I am caving in to my hunger. This is awful and I wish my doctor had warned me I'd have to suffer for this long without any help. It's really frustrating to read that others have already gotten several fills.

If anyone is in the same boat, please let me know how you are managing because I am really struggling with this. Thanks!

I'm sure your feelings and behaviors are quite a normal response for having to wait so long. You are almost there, however. Does your insurance make you wait a certain time in between fills, as well? The reason I ask is because I would have been in the same boat. Hubby changed companies the week of my surgery...I got it in just in time! (Not to mention that the new companies' policy has an exclusion for this surgery.) I would have had to wait just like you for fills because the new company has a 90-day waiting period to begin benefits. The 90-day mark for him is October 9th, but benefits can't start until the 1st of the following month, so it would have been about 110 days waiting for a fill. I refused to wait and choose to pay for them myself. They are $150 and that is with flouro, so it is quite reasonable. I go for my fourth fill on Monday. After that, insurance will cover as our benefits pick back up on November 1st. Different places charge different amounts, of course, but at least this is an option.

WOW! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?!?

Been away for a few days, so haven't caught up on the posts yet. I just got back from my business trip (I posted this elsewhere because I'm excited) and the plane seatbelt fit! No humiliating extender por moi. The armrest stayed down. Did you hear me?

I said the seat-belt fit. :whoo:

I was lucky it fit on the return trip. I was really doing experiments with this band, with bad results. Let's just say, what happens on holidays, stays on holidays.

Yeah Insub! Holidays are for a little splurging, don't beat yourself up about it! I have a day trip to Nashville for a job interview on Southwest, so I hope the seatbelt fits! No problem on Midwest last month, but theirs are bigger I think.

Stef your right it has been quiet. I hope that means that everyone is enjoying their weight loss and too busy to post! I have no excuse except not much to say. Hi everyone, I hope you are still out there! :-)

I AM HERE !!!! It has been slow, but life gets busy for all of us at different times!

insub GREAT NSV!! I know it must have been a comfort to sit in the plane this time. Just think, this is the beginning! Now you are going to make it even smaller next time!

dawng I never heard about the insurance making you wait. I would ask they give you a big fill! If you have a 5cc band, I would ask for 3cc and if you have a 10cc band, 5-6cc. Or like Stef said if you have to wait long, a 1 or 2cc will be nothing! I am sorry you are struggling. I had to wait due to the NP schedule 7 weeks, which was frustrating to me, so I know you are dealing with a lot of stress over it. Hang in there. You are almost there.

suzzzie I plan to make your meatballs tonight for dinner. I will let you know how it goes!

Hooray! People are posting again! I may be a big baby, but I miss reading y'all!

I love974323.gifthis place! love37.gif

iloveuthismuch.jpg

Hi, everyone -

I've been traveling a lot but keeping up with the posts when I can. I think we are all settling in with our bands now. The weight loss is getting fun - I went to a luncheon yesterday and saw lots of people I haven't seen since getting banded. They were all very complimentary and noticed the weight loss. I bought a new outfit for the luncheon in a size 18 (2 sizes smaller!). I can't wait to buy in a regular size department.

I'm going on vacation this week to see my daughter in Minneapolis. I can eat too much right now so will probably not do so well with losing but I have a fill scheduled the day after I return. Wish me luck!