Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hey there, LadyHR...I don't think I ever saw what your fill amounts were before...or just didn't pay attention. Good grief you got a lot! Is Amy doing yours? She has been SO CONSERVATIVE with me compared to you! I am going for a fill in the morning and I think I might whine a little for a bigger fill. LOL

Have fun on your vacation!

Hi, Stephanie,

Yes, Amy does my fills. I'm sure the reason I get so much is that I have the new large AP band. Last time I asked her for the capacity of that band and she said it was unlimited!

My first fill hurt so much but the second one had no discomfort and I asked her about that and she said she must have hit a nerve on the first one. I'm hoping for no more of those!

Good luck with your fill tomorrow - let us know how it goes.

Marlena

LadyHR - I see! Sorry your first fill hurt so bad. Unlimited, huh? That's pretty cool. Yes, I will post how the fill goes, for sure.

Everyone - On another note, I found a pudding that is TO DIE FOR. Hunts snack Pack Lemon Meringue Pudding! It tastes just like lemon meringue pie and is heavenly! It does have 120 calories, but if you have a sweet tooth once in a while, don't take the cover off all the way, take two or three bites and put the cover back for the next round! The meringue on top of the pudding is perfect. (They have Boston Cream, too.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

As of yesterday, I'm back to keeping my calories under 600 again. It's really not that hard, but it IS hard to keep it at that amount and still get in 90 grams of Protein a day. In fact, it's damn near impossible, but I try hard and come close. Today's food log has me scheduled for 578 calories with 78 grams of protein, so that's not too shabby! I'm going to see how this goes for two weeks and then decide if I need to add a "cheat day" to keep my metabolism guessing so it doesn't go back into starvation mode and hold onto every bite I put into my mouth. I do NOT want another plateau like the one I just came off of!

I am here every day also. Not much to write about.

I am going for a fill on Tuesday. Hopefully after that things will be better and I will feel like writing.

As of yesterday, I'm back to keeping my calories under 600 again.

Really? Ouch! Do you have enough energy with that? I don't even count calories but at an estimate, I eat thrice that. Maybe I can get away with it because I'm tall and...well..supersized.

I love these boards :0) I'm in school on top of working full-time so some weeks or days are much harder than others to find the time to chat.

NSV - today I did my first exercising since getting banded. Horrible, I know. I was so scared of hurting my band - I have yet to do a situp just in case. I went biking with my DH for 45 minutes. It felt great!! Losing 25+ pounds has made a huge difference!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!

Stef!!!!!--90grams of Protein a day?!?!?! My doctor and his nutrition nurse told me to get 40-60 grams of protein a day. 90 is quite a bit...did your doc tell you that or is that the limit you set for yourself?

Thanks to whoever posted about the pineapple juice!! something got stuck and pineapple juice did the trick--just one swallow!!!

[/color][/size][/font]

Really? Ouch! Do you have enough energy with that? I don't even count calories but at an estimate, I eat thrice that. Maybe I can get away with it because I'm tall and...well..supersized.

Yes, I have enough energy. My energy stays up primarily because of all my excercise, but also because I drink two Protein Drinks a day, which is 300 of the 600 calories. I also religiously take my Vitamins and Fiber supplements, which is 21 of those calories! (LOL Just a little obsessive, huh?) Then I usually have salmon or chicken with brocolli for the third meal. That also leaves me room for a banana or some nuts and a couple Jello Snacks if I want them throughout the day. I'm tall, also at 5'10" and am shooting for 145#, but will party all night when I get to 160#!!!!:whoo:

I know there is much out there about the negative aspects of calorie restriction, but it is just what has worked for me in the past and I am sticking with it. I am very careful to watch my nutrients. The only one that comes in low is Calcium, but based on my tests at the docs, I don't need that much and she advised against supplementing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbaby viewpost.gif

Stef!!!!!--90grams of Protein a day?!?!?! My doctor and his nutrition nurse told me to get 40-60 grams of protein a day. 90 is quite a bit...did your doc tell you that or is that the limit you set for yourself?

Thanks to whoever posted about the pineapple juice!! something got stuck and pineapple juice did the trick--just one swallow!!!

That amount is based on my health profile, but mostly due to the amount of excercise I do. I lift weights for an hour and do cardio for half an hour six days a week, plus ride my bike 30 miles three times a week. With that much excercise and the limited calories I'm taking in, I have to consume that much protein to ensure my body looks for fat to burn and not muscle.

And YES! Pineapple juice RULES when you get stuck!

I'm here too, everyday, not much to say. I go for a 4th fill next Monday and I need it. I was soooo restricted for first 2 weeks of this last fill and now all of the sudden it has relaxed quite a bit. The weight is coming off soooo slowly:(

Well if it's working Stef, keep doing it. I shudder at the very concept of 600 cals and Protein drinks but you are obviously healthy.

I'm contemplating getting another fill but it's hard to decide, isn't it? I'm still losing but maybe I could be losing faster. I don't want to be overfilled and have the problems associated with that and I actually enjoy being able to eat (almost) normal person sized portions. I've also found that it's texture that's the key more than fill. I'm also learning to eat the parts I want and forgetting about useless filler like rice.

That said, I want this weight off and I'm definitely eating more than I was a month ago.

Thing I have gradually noticed is that I don't snack all day like I used to. I'll have a passionfruit or a cracker sometimes but mostly I just wait for the next meal. I used to munch on muesli bars or chocolate every day.

Hello to all reading and posting!!!

Stef good luck today!!! Cant' wait to hear about your fill.

Off to work!

UGH! The x-ray machine is down so my fill appointment is delayed until this afternoon. Time to rearrange my schedule...I hate that! Oh well...I'll live! :)

I have my 2nd fill on Wednesday. I am so nervous. I cancelled my last fill because I was loosing and not hungry. I have 2 cc in. I just don't want to be overfilled. It does not sound fun at all. We have a local message board but there is no activity unless I start it. I did this for a week or two but now I'm tired of initiating everything. I love reading the diversity of this board.

I'm going shopping for pineapple juice tonight. I got steak stuck last night and it was not fun. Thanks for the tip.