Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Rhonda - I feel your pain. I had to have an un-fill last time. It was so good to be able to drink and eat without pain. My nurse said you will probably gain back the 6 lbs you lost in those 4 days. I was determined not to! I think I gained 1 back, but kept up the losing after that.

I am still on a plateau! I hope with a fill, walking and trying to get more Water in I will get moving again. I am trying really hard not to weigh myself until the weekend. I tried a piece of pizza last night, 2 small bites and that was it, it wasn't going down, so I ate the topping and a tablespoon of mac-n-cheese. I know not the best choices, but I had so little I figured one night wouldn't hurt me. It didn't really taste that good any way - it was a cheap frozen sausage pizza. Kids enjoyed dinner though, seemed like a treat.

My 4 year old informed me this morning that she did not feel like walking today, because her legs were tired! Will probably leave the kids home tonight, the 15 year old has a really bad cough.

Stef sorry about your fill appt. that is how my doc office is. you can't get an appointment, even if you call and beg! Now if there is a medical problem, I am sure they will see you. Hang in there! when is your appt? Mine is not until Oct 8.

When I wrote that post, it was scheduled for October 14th, but I got a call from one of the girls this morning and it has been bumped to September 24th due to a cancellation. This is a vast improvement, but I'm used to calling and getting an appointment for three or four days later. Thank goodness I only have to wait two weeks now, though, as compared to the middle of October!

but finally he got in and took out 1cc. I tell you I have never been so grateful in my life!

Rhonda, am I counting right? Do you have 6.6 in a 10cc band?

I started to feel what restriction is like. Had an episode with 3 ritz crackers on Monday night. Couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about PB,ing.

Althought I didn't vomit those crackers just got stuck and it hurt and my mouth started watering like crazy and all I could think of was:

OHMYGOSH! THIS IS IT! I tried to drink a little Water but that made it worse. I ended up just waiting for it to go down.

Someone wrote about standing over the kitchen sink for a half hour crying and it hurt her so bad. I kept thinking about that and trying not to get upset and watching the clock.

Then last night I had baked fish for dinner. It was soft and I took small bites and it got stuck and I just sat there pretending to listen to the conversation around me. My husband reached over and took a piece of fish off my dish and said I don't think you'll be able to finish that. He was right.

The best part is, I wasn't thinking about food at all last night! I honestly think I was too scared to eat! That "sticking" is an ugly feeling.

BTY, I got the book through Amazon.< /p>

I DID. I have tried to loose 44 pounds for 10 years and have been unsuccessful. More importantly I have been terrified for 10 years of gaining more and every year I have put on a few more pounds. I wanted to stop the train before I had serious health problems. I already have severe back trouble. To me it was way worth it. I think down the road I hope this surgery will be availabe for prevention.

That's the way they use the band in Australia (or at least that's what I've gathered from lots of posts that I've read from Australians). I have to agree, an ounce of prevention! It is sad that we have to get so far gone with our weight before it becomes acceptable to do something perceived as "drastic."

If you have tried and tried and lost and regained the same weight over and over again, I think the band is a good choice, perhaps it will stay off for good this time.

And again, congrats on making over 1/3 of the way to goal!

Yep Waters, I have 6.6 cc in my 10 cc band right now. I'm feeling good today. I had some coffee and Protein this morning, and just had 1/2 cup chicken noodle Soup for lunch, with little restriction but I feel full. My weight stayed down today, which probably means I lost more during my suffering! lol I didn't have the strength to eliptical train today--my generous brother gave me his cold when he came to visit last weekend. I feel like going back to bed, and today is a nice foggy Washington day, so I may just do that.

Finally starting to feel better since my port revision and gall bladder removal on Friday. I am not recovering from this surgery like I did from the original lap band surgery. The doctor was supposed to do a fill but I don't feel any different, then again I am not really hungry now either. I am hoping that this is it for a while and I can work on getting healthy.

NVAlicia - So gladyour surgery went well, even if recovery is a bit slower. YOu should ask your doc how much of a fill you got!!

Stepanie and Big Baby - Thanks for the "heads-up" on the fill center. I will call tomorrow. I have been getting my fills in Hurst - will that location still be available or do we have to go to Richardson?

I'm disappointed in my 2nd fill - I can eat too much! Seems to be a common thread for all of us. I can't wait to reach that "sweet spot". I have 7cc already and was told me large AP has no maximum capacity!

I'm on the road for two weeks and down on the Texas coast where the tropical depression is heading for land - I hope it doesn't get too wet tonight!

Rhonda, am I counting right? Do you have 6.6 in a 10cc band?

I started to feel what restriction is like. Had an episode with 3 ritz crackers on Monday night. Couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about PB,ing.

Althought I didn't vomit those crackers just got stuck and it hurt and my mouth started watering like crazy and all I could think of was:

OHMYGOSH! THIS IS IT! I tried to drink a little Water but that made it worse. I ended up just waiting for it to go down.

Someone wrote about standing over the kitchen sink for a half hour crying and it hurt her so bad. I kept thinking about that and trying not to get upset and watching the clock.

Then last night I had baked fish for dinner. It was soft and I took small bites and it got stuck and I just sat there pretending to listen to the conversation around me. My husband reached over and took a piece of fish off my dish and said I don't think you'll be able to finish that. He was right.

The best part is, I wasn't thinking about food at all last night! I honestly think I was too scared to eat! That "sticking" is an ugly feeling.

BTY, I got the book through Amazon.< /p>

Someone had mentioned a while back that pineapple juice will help get you "un-stuck", but I had never tried it. Well, I got stuck so bad today that I felt like I was dying and it was never going to end. Then I remembered the pineapple juice comment. I immediately ran to the pantry...thank goodness my kids would eat pineapple at dinner every day! I popped open a can of pineapple chunks and took a sip straight from the can LOL...scared to death because usually if I drink ANYTHING while stuck, it just complicates matters.

IT WORKED! In less than a minute I began to feel better! I was taking the smallest of sips, and it worked! BLESS YOU, whoever posted that a while back!

I bought a half gallon of pineapple juice to keep in the fridge just for this!

Stepanie and Big Baby - Thanks for the "heads-up" on the fill center. I will call tomorrow. I have been getting my fills in Hurst - will that location still be available or do we have to go to Richardson?

I'm disappointed in my 2nd fill - I can eat too much! Seems to be a common thread for all of us. I can't wait to reach that "sweet spot". I have 7cc already and was told me large AP has no maximum capacity!

I'm on the road for two weeks and down on the Texas coast where the tropical depression is heading for land - I hope it doesn't get too wet tonight!

Oh yes...Hurst is still available. That is where I go, too. Hurst and Richardson took over AIGB's patient log.

stef Great about your appointment. I heard about the pinaple juice too but haven't had to do that yet, i have the papya tablets, but they are unused too. Someone told me they did not work for them. Maybe it is back to everyone is different!! Sometimes that is good, but it would be nice to have an answer to our questions that works for ALL OF US!!

mj you have a 4 and 15 year old! Wow, God Bless!! I have a 15 year old soon to be 16, so much fun!

restriction...wooohooo It seems like it has kicked in for many of us now. I feel more this week then I did last week after my fill. I hope to keep it up until my next appt early Oct! But it is still unpredictable from being able to eat steak and then not a cracker or rice

weight loss finally... I have been stuck at the same point for over two weeks, I weighed this am and am down 3!!!!!!!

Have a great day all!!

Well my scale says 348 this morning... finally down from the 350-351 it's been saying... though my ticker is still set at 346 which I was about 2 weeks ago!

I'm still debating on a fill tomorrow or not. I've kept my appointment. I'll go and see what the NP thinks. Basically, I go on vacation a week from today, so if I'm too tight I can go back in for a slight unfill before I leave... I"m not too concerned about that. I just want MORE restriction!!

I dunno. This whole band thing is hard. Lol. It's good to help feel full faster and stuff, but if it could only make Snickers taste nasty I'd be in business!! For years now I've said that I wish there was a medication for food addicts like antabuse for alcoholics. Lol!!!

Janine - Yes little one is almost 5 (Oct 8th) and a 15 year old. Wasn't planned that way, we started trying a lot sooner, but we lost 2 and I had fertility issues of course with PCOS and obesity. My wonderful OB/GYN gave me Glucaphage. It worked to straighten me out, so I had a regular period, but it wasn't until I went off of everything for a couple months after giving up that I got pregnant. I think I had 5 or 6 sonograms in the 1st trimester just to make sure she was growing. CONGRATS on the weight loss!

Man I hate my band! Not really but why is it so frustrating NOT to be able to eat as much as you want! I know that is the point of the band and I am very happy about my restriction. But it still PI**es me off some days!

NSV - I keep trying to scoot my car seat up. It won't go any farther, but I feel like I am far away from the wheel! LOL I am and that is a good thing, since it used to rub every time I turned the wheel.