Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I went to the fair last night, starving! I had people at my house all day (studio tour) and couldn't get time to eat. Dh got me a corndog. I though I'd get a couple bites in....wrong!! The whole thing went down! Still hungry! Ate a scone....no problem! Ate some of dh's pulled pork. Had some fritter thing and some fried twinkie (first one for me and it was yummy!). Had a snow cone. Topped it off with a teriyaki skewer. Got home and ate 3 Cookies. I chugged 2 bottles of Water, no restriction.

What the heck? One day I can't eat more than a bite and it gets stuck. Then I'm wide open, no restriction at all.

The joy is gone...

Ya know, I've heard this before, and I know its true - that food addiction is the single hardest addiction to have. It's not like an alcohol or heroin or gambling or sex addiction. Those are optional things in life. (Yes, sex is optional, Lol.) But food is a necessity, you cannot live without it. We have to face our addiction every single day, several times a day. We have to eat, and we have to be strong enough to stop and push the rest away. We have to be constantly bombarded with food commercials and pizza coupons that come in the mail. Heroin addicts don't have commercials rubbed in theri faces, they don't have to take just a little bit in order to live, and yet have to stop just before they have enough to get the feeling they want.

It is very difficult to stop eating the bad things. I have a Lap Band, and I have some restriction... but does that make me want broccoli more than I want ice cream? No. Does it mean I'm never going to over eat ever again? No. Its so hard. But it's worth it. Even though I've only lost 28 pounds, it's worth it.

Suzzie - that is EXACTLY what I've been going through. We've lost our "friend", we've lost our ability to cope. I'm right there with you, I PROMISE.

I had my first slime and pb yesterday. I am going for my 2nd fill tomorrow. I ended up pbing on rice pilaf. It was too dry and I was eating too quickly because I was hungry. Hopefully I will learn from my experience and not do it again.

Just thought I would share...I REALLY want a Reeses Sonic Blast! BAD!

The truck is calling me to go for a drive...to Sonic. faint.gif

I better go for a bike ride instead and get my mind off this.

Lol. I wanted Sonic earlier too!! I was craving the greasey sausage, egg and cheese toaster sandwich and a m&m sonic blast! Haha. But I didn't go there. I came home and ate some cottage cheese.

Reading the last few posts would be making me hungry for bad things except that I am so full! My band is working like a charm right now and after I eat, I cannot even think of eating anything for hours! I don't know how long this will last but I'm not even considering getting a second fill right now - I am able to eat about 3/4 cup and am losing 3 pounds a week. Someone please tell me this will last forever!!!!

Okay, I'm back! I decided to take the bike out instead of obsess over ice cream! An hour and a half, and I'm pooped! Time for a late dinner. Thank goodness I marinated the steaks earlier...I'm starving!

This 2nd fill has been awesome for the last couple of days. Even on liquids only I feel okay, but today I ate for the first time. I had 2 eggs (fried. I know, I know) around 3pm and haven't been hungry since. :-| I hope it stays this way for a few weeks at least!

Today I got the best compliment from someone I haven't seen since before the surgery. They just freaked out and he said something like "oh my god you're like.. a normal skinny person now". haha well i'm far from skinny but it made me feel good to have him at a loss for words! Back to the gym tomorrow - I've been downloading tons of music so I can keep my workouts fun. :-)

Good night everyone. I'm happy to hear us getting a little bit better as the fills go along!!

LADYHR that was the feeling I had after my first fill. I loved it because I really ate very little - maybe 1/2 or 3/4 total food at a meal and I was stuffed for hours! I couldn't even be tempted with ice cream because I was so full.

Sadly - that feeling is gone; I go for my second fill in 3 days. I would like for that to be my permanent state of eating - to me that would be the sweet spot I'm looking for.

this is what I went to the fair for. A friend at work DH is a DJ, so he had meet and greet passes. He was nice enough to give up his for me. I had already bought my front row center stage ticket, so this was an added bonus worth posting my first pic for!

BigandRich.jpg

I love ALL kinds of music, except for rap, but to keep my blood pumping during a workout, I had my daughter download a bunch of techno.

I never listen to techno, even though I like it just fine, but it is WONDERFUL to work out to!

My favorites are classical music (especially Chopin and Pachabel) and classic rock and roll, but all the classical and most of the classic rock aren't too good to work out to...it messes with my pace too much.

Someone said on here one time that Rob Zombie was good to work out to, and that is what led me to techno. Whoever said it, thank you! It was a good idea!

<Rob Zombie>

You're welcome; however, I would not consider Rob to be techno (unless you're listening to super swingin sexy sounds! lol). Rob is hard core sexy ass metal! (and i love him!) ;)