Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Dawn, I love the elliptical trainer. At the gym, I warm up for 10 min on the treadmill, not any more because the heel striking aggravates my heel spur. Then usually 20-25 min on the elliptical. I got my own now, so no more 2 hour trips to the gym. My doctor recommended starting exercising 2 weeks after the surgery. I haven't had much pain or discomfort from the surgery or gas, but I've been walking a lot.

Angel Welcome to bandland! Hope your week home is going well, remember to walk if you can!

Danielle/Lucy I had glass of wine when I went to mushies. I only had 2 in one night, drinking slowly over 2-3 hours. It was fine, and yes you feel tipsy sooner. Just don't drink and drive!

Danielle/itsjustme I really never pbinged but I think I did have some slime in my throat/mouth but that is as far as it went. I decided yesterday that I don't think I can eat chicken, and I love grilled chicken. Everytime it won't go down, and the pain in my chest is bad, along with the saliva. So, I guess for now I have to wait. And I don't have a fill yet?

joeygirl/stef did they do your fills flouro or under sonogram? My doc said the first one will be done this way to find the port easier. after this they won't have to. Not sure how they remember each patient. I am jealous! I have a doc appointment today, but it is just a post opt, no fill for two weeks.

Nina wow, what a great weight loss!! what is your secret. I ahve not lost a lb in two weeks? I am frustrated.

Toni how are you?

Holy cow Pippz you've really lost a lot of weight fast! How have you done it? We need tips, or at least I do embarrassed.gif

I think that I just have a lot to lose, so it goes faster than someone with less to lose, if that makes sense? Also, I can tell you honestly that if I stay far away from carbs the weight drops MUCH faster. Towards the beginning of last week I ate carbs (potatoes) at several meals and the scale didn't budge. I went back to 90-95% protien-only and I started losing again. I guess I'm just really carb sensitive!

My fill is on Friday! Yikes!

Hi everyone just checking in. Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

My husband went for his first fill yesterday and didn't get it! He is down 56lbs and having restriction. He can eat about 3 bites of anything, but has to chase it with Water, then he can eat a little more. He is doing great and has plenty of energy. He sticks to solid Protein mostly, but has some greens and fruit also. He will go back again in 2 weeks to see if he needs a fill, but I doubt he will.

Me on the other hand - I am ready for a fill! I feel like I can eat way more than I should, but I do have restriction or at least a stopping point. I am probably not eating 1/4 of what I used to, but it still seems like a lot. My weight is not dropping off like my husband's, but that is typical of men I think in the beginning. I am struggling with snacking. I was watching Big Medicine last night and thinking about what I should eat! YIKES - I wasn't hungry, but sitting watching TV at night is when I would usually be snacking on something. I resisted though and just kept reminding myself that I was full from my very yummy pork chop!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th and July! Be has good as you can and don't beat yourself up!

I have been knocking on wood everyday that I've been without THAT gas pain.

Ooop, last night was different. I told my hubby that the swelling in my tummy must have finally gone down as I was feeling a bit hungry. A small cup of SF Jello took care of it.

Then about an hour later it was back and stronger than before. I sat there thinking I've got to get something to eat. And I mean EAT not drink.

So I sat there almost in tears because I really didn't want to eat before I was allowed to. So started some deep breathing exercises and realize my ribs hurts. And my left shoulder was starting to hurt. Oh crap!!! The dreaded gas pains. :faint:

After 3 Gas-x strips and more deep breathing I was able to get to bed.

This morning I feel better.

OH Please! No more gas pains for any of us!!!!! That hurt.

Bigbaby - Good for you!! One step at a time. When you see the difference it makes you'll learn to like it. You go girl!!

Janine - Don't get discouraged about the weightloss - I have been there. Once you get your fill you will see a change. Stick to it!! The band has really been a great help for me. The exercise helps a great deal too - I spin for 60 mins three times a week, I do HIIT on the elliptical & stair climber the other two days, & I just got back to the circuit machines (weights) last week - I do legs one day then arms/back the other day, alternating through the week.

Rhonda - What kind of elliptical do you own? I am seriously considering buying one but I want a quality machine without the BIG price.

Nina

Dan,

I had to be at the hospital at 9:30 am on Friday and my sister had to be there at 7:30 am. Dr. Krahn was already in surgery with a full gastric by-pass. Well, that surgery went longer than he expected at my sister went in for her surgery at around 4:00 pm and me around 7:00 pm. Dr. Krahn was not on call the day after the surgery so we had to wait for the on-call surgeon. We weren't released until 8:30 pm on Saturday. The nurses say that Dr. Krahn normally releases patients alot earlier. St. B's was great. The nurses were very nice and helpful.

Boy, you're walking alot. I better step up!!!

Stella

Nina, I got the NordicTrack Elite from costco. Good price I think. I also saw a bunch of them on CraigsList, but I wanted mine now!

Nina--Thanks for the encouragement

I am having so much trouble getting in my Protein and food and Water. I just started the "mushie" stage....oatmeal for Breakfast, for lunch and tablespoon of Peanut Butter and cup of Soup. I am struggling trying to get a Protein Shake down....I'm full!!! I found a tasty recipe from my doctor.

half cup of sugar free-fat free pudding, scoop of Protein Powder and milk--blend and put in refrigerator for 15 min. Makes a nice pudding.

Bigbaby, have you tried the EAS AdvantEdge shakes? The chocolate ones taste just like chocolate milk and have 17 grams of Protein. I think only 1 carb, no sugars and 110 calories. I do pretty good at getting 3 of them in a day and then get a bit of protein in other things here and there.

Are you feeling good?

kland, are you talking about the premixed EAS AdvantEdge ones in the silver box container? Those are so thin that I just don't feel any satisfaction from them. I really do love the SlimFast carb control, they do have more calories, but are very rich and thick and satisfy me.

However, since my pre-op I have found the packets I mix that my doc orders for us are wonderful, thick and rich, and for less calories. Depending on the type and flavor, they run 80-100 calories and have 14 or 15 grams of Protein each. They are from BetterMD.net.

Yes Faith, I am talking about the premixed ones and I agree that they are thin. I think that's what I like about them; they just really seem like chocolate milk to me. The other thing that appeals to me is that I can just grab them and go.

They may be working for me because I find that I am doing something to curb my hunger about every 2 to 3 hours. I'll get up and have a cup of coffee and a shake. Then a little later, I'll have a FF yogurt. Then maybe a SF pudding. Maybe some Tomato basil Soup a couple of hours later and then 100 cal pack of crackers with a Laughing Cow cheese triangle. I'll have another shake and then something for dinner.....mashed potatoes or some more soup. A shake around 8 or 9 and then I've gotten my Protein in for the day.

I do get the munchies real bad, so I think it's helping me to do a little something often, rather than trying to stick to three meals.

I think it's just important to find whatever works! For me, having to mix a shake every time would drive me nuts and then I wouldn't get that important protein in. If I grab one of those EAS drinks, then that is a little while longer that I don't feel the need to grab something else. Also grabbing one of those drinks takes care of the "hand to mouth, right now feeling"! **sigh** LOL

Hello all. Nina Thank you for your encouragement. I really need to exercise! My son is getting married this Saturday, so after that is behind me I shall beef up my exercise plan!

I went to my doctor today, and saw that nurse practitioner. I did not lose anymore weight, which sucked! sorry... I am on all food! It is up to me to make the right choices. On the do not eat list is all fat and fatning foods we all know not to eat. Also she advised me to stay away from bread because I most likely won't be albe to eat a sandwhich later. I can eat frozen diet meals, those are the correct Protein, she said to try and get ones with high protein count. She said to use a bread plate size, eat until I feel full, and to learn that feeling, not to worry about measuring.

My FILL:( is not going to be until 3 weeks. I have no date, she said they will call me and send me a letter. She is on vacation so it goes! Not until the week of July 23, which is the week she comes back so she said it is iffy, or the week of July 30! She said I have the old VG ( I think that is the acronym) and the doc may have left some saline in there. I am already having some restriction on chicken, dry food, so that is her explanation for that. I am not happy about the wait turning into 7 weeks or more, but nothing I can do! She said not to to be patient about the weight loss:rolleyes: