Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

dang, I can't get my stupid ticker to stick!

I just wanted to Celebrate - I am under 300! I was 299 this morning, which puts me down 29lbs since starting my pre-op on May 31st. I am cooking brownies to take to our family get together later. That will keep me away from eating them! I will proably just have a couple of ribs and a deviled egg.

That's awesome, Missy! Welcome to Twoterville! WooHoo! We're going to see the Houston Astros and Phillies today....I'm sure I'll end up having nachos, and make hamburgers tonight sans the bun for me!

BTW...we can see your ticker just fine with the 29 awesome pounds gone!

Cheers,

Toni <---- a posting maniac today!

thanks - now I can't see it again on my post! I am just going to leave it alone!

have fun at the game! did it finally quite raining? We are looking fine now, but may have some showers this evening.

Hi Faith,

I agree, Mari Jo, must be wonderful, or those two INCREDIBLE Doctors wouldn't have her on staff. But sometimes I just want to shake her skinny little butt and say, "Why aren't you doing your part to help get approval for these super-morbidly obese patients?!!!!"

As for the Essential Natural Protein powder...it might be better in a different flavor! I just blended the vanilla Cake with Water and ice. I wasn't *crazy* about it, but it wasn't bad, either. The AmazeRX is wonderful...but it is made with Splenda (sucralose is an ingredient).

----Toni

Garth is a great guy, I haven't seen the show yet, but with all the hype I'm looking forward to watching the rerun tonight.

I have a great Protein Drink that is packed in singel serving powder packs to mix with water, and it's made with Nutrasweet. But it is really yummy, so I drink it (or rather, I will until the kit I ordered is gone) and hope for no headaches.

Just the name Vanilla Cake sounds sooooo great! It would be quite a let down if it just...wasn't.

Hi all. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Thanks for the information on the first fills...I'm a little ways off still but maybe some sweet talking to the doc might help. :cool:

Also a big fan of Big Medicine. That show is great but I feel bad for the ones that don't get approved through insurance and can't pay. I want to shake them and tell them to go for the band...much cheaper on self-pay!

Now for my vent....

I got into it with my boyfriend last night. He's been away in training for the last two weeks and won't be back for another three weeks so he is missing all the surgery stuff. No big deal. He calls every night or emails to check on me. Last night we were talking on the phone and he brought up the surgery. Went into a rant about how it was an extreme move and he's not for having surgery for this etc. In more words, he went on to say that if people want to lost the weight, they can work out and eat nothing etc. Also made a comment about not eating meals with me because he's not going to eat like I have to. I was like WTF? I'm not going to be eating much different when healed, just smaller. Also, it's not like I haven't tried the exercise route with not eating, etc. I just can't KEEP it off. I just needed him to support me on this and he got mad stating that he has and he's called/emailed to check on me etc. Well...we ended up getting off the phone mad. I emailed him this morning to see if everything was ok...just a tiff type thing and part of his response was "Last night just upset me. It seems that we appear at each other at times. That when I express an opinion you think its directed at you and its not at all. This is not the first time this has happened. I am a bit frustrated." So now this has turned into something bigger than what I thought. I wrote him back and told him "I am sorry for last night though. Just a little sensitive on the subject still and it wasn't fair to get upset over your opinion. It did feel like it was directed at me though considering I'm the one that just had the surgery. And when you were talking about why doesn't someone just work out and do this...uh yeah...I've been there done that with the working out and not eating." I'm not sure about what other times he's talking about b/c I'm usually pretty level-headed. He's the one that has very strong opinions and is the type that everyone else is wrong. We have a long history of things and this last time we've been "on again" I'm scared to be happy with him for fear that he's going to yank that away from me again.

Thanks for letting me rant. I needed to get that off my chest.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

mjsafari---CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!!! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!

FarmerE--Don't let the argument get you down. Enjoy your 4th and know that with or without the band or your boyfriend you are a valueable person and worthy to be loved-first by yourself and then by others. Sometimes it takes others time to become supportive because they TRULY don't understand (especially if weight has not been an issue for them).

Happy 4th of July to all June Bandsters! It's still raining here, but it's a great day and will only get better! Enjoy your family and friends today and remember how lucky we are to have the freedoms that we have!

july4th14.gif

Oh boy, did I ever get my first lesson in chewing well today! I had my first fill yesterday and was doing just fine, but I grabbed a half a slice of deli turkey today, and it got stuck in my band! OMG that was horrible! It just wouldn't let loose! Finally, it all just came back up (sorry to be gross...couldn't think of a nice way to say it) and I felt a little better, but was nauseous for the rest of the day. I just sipped on Crystal Light for the rest of the day until about 9pm when I tried a little Soup. That did the trick...I feel 100% better now. I will NEVER eat too fast or not chew well enough again! For those who have yet to get their first fill, don't let this initial period make you overconfident! CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!

Stefanie: I know.....I go in for my first fill tomorrow!.....and initially I was extremely careful about chewing and then I've noticed the last couple of days that if I'm really hungry....I "forget" which doesn't cause any problems but I'm guessing after tomorrow....it may! Thanks for a reality check!!!!.......Do you like your fill? How's it working?

Hi

can any one help? I was banded on the 29th june and I am at day 6 todayI feel worse than just after I was banded? My stomach is bloated and every time i breathe in I think I can feel my band? Is this normal???

Or have I done some thing ?

Please can any one give me any suggestions

Glad to hear everyone is doing great! I can't believe some of you all have been banded for a month now. WOW!

The other day they had a marathon of Big Medicine on TV. I watched them all again. Love that show and always learn something during that hour. That other show about Brookhaven Obesity Clinic is just too sad. Plus I don't understand it: the staff knows these people are calling out for food, so put a stop to it already!

I have a ways to go for my first fill but I'm reading what you all are going through with some trepidation. I think I'm going to be scared to finally start eating and chewing again.

TMI alert - Right now I think I'm having a hard time telling the difference between hunger and gas pains. Last night was really rough and I ended up doing that slime thing. (First time and hoping my last.) I'm not sure what happened either. The only thing I can think of is my chewable Calcium pill. That sucker is huge. Without thinking I popped the whole thing in my mouth and chewed and swallowed. I don't think I chewed it enough and took too big a swallow. My sides hurt and my breast bone hurt. It wasn't good. Then I was up almost all night with diarrhea. :)

On the Protein Drinks - I found High Protein Boost is really good at 8oz for 15 gm of protein. I got some powder protein from The Vitamin Shoppe. I use 1/2 scoop of the banana flavor in my cream of wheat with LF vanilla flavor organic milk. Oh so good and high in protein.

I did order some samples from Bariatriceating.com. I want to have a good selection so I won't get too bored with the same flavors.

Missy, WTG getting into twoerville. That is awesome. :clap2:

Angel, you were banded 2 days after me and the bloat and gas pains got me within the same time frame. Have on hand plenty of Gas-x, either the strips or the chewables. Drink slowly and try to belch often. Another thing is to recognize when you are full. (I'm still learning this.) Oh and not to sound like your Mother, but sit up straight while you eat and even afterwards! I'm a big sloucher but found that sitting up straight helps with the digestion.

Boy I wish I could address everyone but my old brain goes on overload after reading. :faint:

Take care everyone, and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Ange, you sound like you're doing okay. Some days are just harder than others. If you get a lot of pain, though, it might just be safe to call your doctor.

to everyone that's gotten something "stuck", man do i feel your pain now!! I was getting REALLY confident with my food and chewing and overdid it one day. I wasn't "hungry", but I made the excuse that I should try to eat "just becaue I know I should be". Biggest mistake I've made in a lonnggg time. I took two bites of chicken (on a not-empty stomach), didn't chew the 2nd bite properly, and soon found myself gagging and walking around with chicken stuck in my throat. It was the most horrible thing I've ever felt. Now, I may be unique here, but I am PETRIFIED of throwing up. When I throw up, I cry, I get all emotional and I can't eat. That's exactly why I had this surgery! I know if I'm afraid of throwing up, I won't push it! Well it took almost 18 hours for my stomach to empty to the point where I was hungry. I didn't have another solid thing for over 24 hours, I was that afraid of repeating the same mistake. I haven't even had a fill yet!

I tell you, I learned my lesson BAD. I'm going to be sooooooo careful from now on!

Hi, everyone:

I really love this site and learn so much! I am watching Big Medicine right now - I had never heard of it but so many of you posted about it, I decided to find it. Very informative (and a little gross).

Thanks to the poster who told about the Diet Power website to track what we eat. I got that set up this afternoon and think I will love using this site.

Pippz and Stefanie - thanks for warning us with relaying your experiences. It certainly makes us want to avoid those events at all costs!

Happy July 4th - this is our first "Independence Day" from over-eating!

Thanks to everyone that has had their first fill and has put their experiences here. I get my fill next Monday and I am so scared to PB. I already have a problem with trying to chew my food before swallowing but it is a hard thing to retrain myself to do that.

dang, I can't get my stupid ticker to stick!

I just wanted to Celebrate - I am under 300! I was 299 this morning, which puts me down 29lbs since starting my pre-op on May 31st. I am cooking brownies to take to our family get together later. That will keep me away from eating them! I will proably just have a couple of ribs and a deviled egg.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: :whoo::whoo::whoo: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!