Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Thanks for all the good wishes. I am not going to give up on it. I do not know how much the hernia weighed of the part Dr. Malley got out but I till have a lot to go from a surgeon after the cat scan. Which I should be getting within the next month and then another surgery date to wait for to get the rest of the hernia out and time to heal from that. After that I am to notify Dr. Malley when all is done and he will have to set me up for the lapband then. I still want this very much, but I am glad I am getting the hernia taken care of so I can get a lot of my oxygen back so maybe I will not be panting and panting when I walk for very long. Thanks again you guys. I will still be keeping up with you guys on the lastest happenings. Rita

{{{{{{{{{{{ Rita }}}}}}}}}}}}} Glad some great things are becoming of this! You have an excellent attitude! Keep it up! You're in my thoughts and best wishes!!!!!!!

----Toni

Rita, I am so sorry! I am relieved though that you are getting "fixed up" so that you will be really healthy when it comes time to being banded.

As for me - I start my official 2-week pre-op diet tomorrow morning! Yikes!!! Did anyone else feel a bit of anxiety before starting the pre-op diet knowing that this is really getting closer to really happening??

bbay- I agree with Toni, great about the sips! I was just at the doctor's today and she gave me the 30 minute rule,which I already knew about.

I too have my port centrally located above my navel. So, who knows.

Have a great night, I am off to bed for back to work tomorrow.

So how many of you have to spend the night in the hospital? Mine is at 8am on Monday and they say I'll be out by noon. I see some posts from some of you that had to stay.

Hi All

I am being Banded on the 29th june cant wait, Good to hear you are all going so well, Pre-op diet starts this week.

big changes ahead

bcrazy...like you, mine was out-patient. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am! I was happy to convalesce (sp?) at home.

Java....I have that drinking rule, too.....before and after meals! My problem is I just get too thirsty when eating. I haven't been following the rule now. I figured I'd wait till I was filled. So far, no problems. I met a girl from Australia who was banded down under, and she drinks with her meals,:embarassed: so does another US bandster. It would be so much easier if we were all on the same page, though!

Quad Mom....I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd fly through this surgery and wake up banded like the rest of us!!!!!! No worries! And I had a C-section, too. Just like it, this gets better and better with each passing day....kiss-n-cuddle all 7 of your kiddos for us!

I'm $30 richer today! :biggrin1: Macy's department store had a sale on their Magic Bullet knock-off called Bella Cucina. It was normally $60, on sale today for $20. :clap2: So I'm returning my $50 Magic Bullet that I luckily hadn't even opened.

Oh, and for all of you with those LOW BMI's.....I'm insanely jealous!!!!! :violin:(and secretly happy for you at the same time!)

----Toni

Rita, I am so sorry! I am relieved though that you are getting "fixed up" so that you will be really healthy when it comes time to being banded.

As for me - I start my official 2-week pre-op diet tomorrow morning! Yikes!!! Did anyone else feel a bit of anxiety before starting the pre-op diet knowing that this is really getting closer to really happening??

Minty,

Yes oh yes did I have some major anxiety about the 2 wks liquid protein!! Actually I am just starting on wk 2 and I'm still having HUGE issues! Last week was great but this week has been really tough so far! I think "some" of my problem is that I am PMS really bad. I am supposed to have my "visitor" the day after my surgery isn't that just lovely? I told my husband last night that I was going to O'Charleys for a Prime Rib!! He about fainted! LOL I didn't go and I am still on it just as strict as ever but manohman it's getting tough for me right now!

hi Minty fresh I just had a look at your weight loss blog wow you are amazing, I too am self funded we are also taking a loan to pay for this surgery but I see this as our familys future. I also have PSOC which also makes it very hard for me to loose weight.

good luck to all June Bandsters

Excited about the band....YES, the diet, NO! But I do love AmazeRX....it's really good. I have vanilla and Mocha Zap. I had to supplement my pre-op diet with salad between meals, though, because I was STARVING! (That was OK with the Dr.'s office)

Good Luck, Carrie! I'm cheering for you! :clap2::(:clap2:

QuadMom, you'll probably be OK for Sunday but take it easy. So glad the surgery went well. The pain will significantly subside in a few days.

FarmerE - I'm glad you de-lurked. I'm sure you'll wow them when you go back too. Best of luck with your pre-op.

Rita - It must have been so disappointing when you woke up. It's surprising that an ultrasound didn't pick it up beforehand. I guess it's great that you looked into the lapband and found this. Your poor insides! You needed an op anyway. I'm sure you can get the lapband at some point in the future but you must get this sorted out first. Look at it as a positive (though I can't imagine what a letdown it was).

Renee - glad you came through OK. An IV in your foot?

Rhonda- if you buy clothes in TJ, be sure to buy some smaller sizes.

Janine - Congrats on mushies. I still have a week to go but I'm cool with that. 14lbs - that's awesome. Isn't it funny to think you couldn't finish the yoghurt?

Lucy - maybe you have gone off food entirely. Wouldn't that be great?

MintyFresh - good luck with the pre-op diet. The first four or five days are hard, then it gets easier.

Since someone mentioned it, my port is central also. I'm glad as I like to sleep on my side.

Bcrazy7 - I think most people spend the night in hospital. Just make sure someone is with you to keep you hydrated and give you pain meds. I'm sure you'll get adequate instructions.

It's all relative Toni, your BMI is low to me.

Holli - I had my period during surgery. It was a pain in the arse.

Go Ang123 - fellow metric bandster here.

Quite a few Monday bandsters it seems. Not long now.

Best of luck to everyone going in Thursday, Friday. I like the sound of your doctor bigbaby. I only want to sip Water with meals. Please oh please let this research be right!

I don't have to attend any classes/therapy. It's a fairly new procedure in the city I come from so I don't think they've set anything up like that yet. I am in constant contact with the nurse and dietician which has been most informative, and some of the previous bandsters get together for a coffee occassionally which is great.

Hi KT: how are you going how is your progress??? I am being banded by the same surgeon! most of the others i have talked to have used Grant Coulter?

I am being banded on the 29th June by /ross Roberts do you have any advice? Are you self funded? I am

Hi, all! Best of luck to today's banders.

Sorry I haven't written in a while...things have been crazy around my house. DH is taking a promotion, but in doing so he's working an evening shift this week to train in a new facility...so I get to leave for work early in the morning, say bye to my DD and DS and work until 4:30 then head to pick them up from my mom's. By the time I get them home it's nearly 6:00 and I start their bedtime routines at 7 and in bed by 8.

I was about to give up this week and either cancel or reschedule my appointment. DH can't get off Friday and he's working Sat. and Sun. too. My mom's house is full this weekend (was going to stay w/her for a few days post op since I can't lift my babies) with my nieces and brother. I was really feeling down. BUT I've figured something out..with the help of a good friend/coworker/scrapbooking buddy of mine. My mom will pick up the kids at my house Friday morning and take them with her. DH will drop me off at surgery center and then go to work...hopefully will spend a few minutes with me there. My Friend will come for the surgery and will go to a nearby Panera bread to work (we work on a newspaper website group...Go KC Star!!! www.kansascity.com | Front Page) and will leave her cell number with the nurses for when I'm out and can have family/visitors. When I'm ready to go home, she'll drive me the 50 minutes to my mom's house. She's so wonderful!!! Suzzzie...we've got 2 more days!!!!!!!! I'm so ready!

I'm going to go fix a granny smith smoothie before I go to work. Tomorrow's my clear liquid day...and I'm still planning on working. I told my General Manager..."I may be a little cranky...but I'll be here."

Yes!!! Just 35 hours from now I'll be getting my lap band!! :0)

If you didn't have any other way to get to the center then I was gonna offer that you just ride with me and my friend brian. Lol. You'd be there WAY early, but it would be a ride none the less. I'm glad your friend is going to take you.

Hi Everyone I had my suppose lap band surgery yesterday but the doctor found a huge hernia and could only sew up part of it. Was unable to have my surgery due to the surgeron finding a

>>massive hernia in my stomach area, some of her bowels, intestines,

>>and stomach has grown into it. He thinks I might have been born

>>with it or it developed sometime in childhood. He said he is very

>>surprised I never had any problems and it wasn't found 2 years

>>ago when I had my gall bladder taken out. He stated no doctor

>>could have missed it, due to the extreme size. He took out some of

>>the hernia, but my stomach and bowels would not detach themselves

>>from the rest of the hernia. There is a hole in my diaphram (sp?)

>>due to the hernia. This is not life threatening and once I have an

>>operation to fix the problems (it may be several), Then I might be able

>>to have the lap band operation. I need to have a Cat Scan in

>>order to see the amount of damage the hernia has done. I got home about an hour ago and do have the five incision on left side from the hernia Dr. Malley repaired and will go back to work next week. So I will not be a June bandster but hopefully will be a banster some time this year. One good thing my doctor said I could go off diet now and eat whatevery I want. Too bad I had emptied out my freezer and cabinets and gave all my food to my daughter a couple of weeks ago and she said they have eaten almost all of it. HA HA Well I will go lay down for awhile I am having the gas pains and soreness even thought I did not have the lapband installed.

Rita

Rita, Sooo sorry to hear about this!! I would be so disappointed... but all in due time. First things first, ya know!

Hey all! This site is so wonderful., makes me feel less alone in this ordeal. I was banded on 6-7-07 in Mexico. (Many times I thought, WHAT AM I DOING?!) liquid diet is hard because I am a little hungry...anyone else hungry? I did not expect to be hungry. So glad to be done with the surgery and on my way to a healthy me!