Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Girl, why did you say POPCORN!!

Yes, I am irregular as well. I had my first movement a couple of days after I was banded but it still isn't like it was before.

Nina

LOL! I just saw your direct reply! Hey, that was (and still is) my favorite snack. I made it through that valley, and some other mountains and hurdles are in front of me. But I am determined to make it through all the way.

Today, I am not hungry at all... go figure. Not sure why... oh, I had a dream I was eating italian sausage hero, with onions & peppers! Mmmmm! Hey, I girl can dream, can't she? LMAO!

That Is The Day I Will Be Having Surgery. I Can't Wait Would Love To Hear About Others That Are Having Their Surgery This Month As Well

bcrazy, I tried to drink the Isopure clear drinks, but I think they are repulsive. I had 4 days of Clear Liquids post-op and I just decided to focus on being hydrated those 4 days and not worry about the Protein until I get on to the full liquids. I still find that it's hard to get in all the protein. I'm not very hungry and it's hard to get anything besides Water in.

I'm so surprised at all the different "rules" we all have to go through. I see that many of you have to wait 6 or more weeks to get your fill. In Dr. Benavides office yesterday, they told us that we can schedule our first fill 4 weeks after our surgery. Yay!!! Also, we can sip beverages with our meals. Can you say glass of vino? Oh yeah..... They did say that our band will surely make us cheap dates! Wheeeeeeee

Good luck to everyone today; I become a bandster tomorrow!

Suzzie

Best of luck tomorrow with your surgery. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part for me has been crushing my meds and trying to get them down. YUCK!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Renee

hi guys, its been a minute but i am in the bandlands. i got it on june 8th saturday. and i must say i was so relieved that i didn't get the bad gas. i hear a lot of gurgling, other than that i feel fine. a lot of bending sometimes, but much walking and moving around.

hi Junie, Just wondering about the people that are already in the mushie stage if they have seen the scale move at all. I have lost a lot of weight between pre-op and post-op liquid diet but afraid when I get to the mushie stage it will slow down. I really want to move into the mushie stage because I am so tired of liquids at this point. I do realize that my weight loss is going to slow down but who like to hear about other peoples weight lost. thanks

hi guys, its been a minute but i am in the bandlands. i got it on june 8th saturday. and i must say i was so relieved that i didn't get the bad gas. i hear a lot of gurgling, other than that i feel fine. a lot of bending sometimes, but much walking and moving around.

Glad you are doing okay. How long was your preop diet, and was it liquid?

I wonder if the different preop liquid diets determine what your after surgery gas problems will be.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

CARIE - I am getting banded on June 18th too! Can you believe its only 4 days away! I keep thinking of things in the terms of "Last weekend I will be fat" ha ha ha!

Today is also my birthday! YIPPEE! My friends decorated my cubicle here at work! I love birthdays! I still get excited like I am a little kid again!

Hope everyone is having a great day, healing well, or getting excited about their upcoming bands!

I'm $30 richer today! :biggrin1: Macy's department store had a sale on their Magic Bullet knock-off called Bella Cucina. It was normally $60, on sale today for $20. :clap2: So I'm returning my $50 Magic Bullet that I luckily hadn't even opened.

----Toni

Toni,

Don't you LOVE sales - I live for them! Congrats on the save

hI all i finally decided to stop lurking :peep:and join the thread. :wave:

I am all set for my procedure on June 22.:rolleyes:

I am so excited to hear all of your successes.

I was not nervous at all until i went in to the hospital yesterday to do the pre-op blood work, and get "pre-registered" and all that, and one of the nurses asked me if i had a living will, and if i was an organ donor.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I know it is procedure, but for some reason a person wearing scrubs asking me questions like that make me nervous. <o:p></o:p>

And then one of the nurses (who was at most a size 8) said "I don't understand why you are doing this, you have such a pretty face.":angry<o:p></o:p>

I some how managed to remain calm. That is why i am doing it so no one ever again feels the need to qualify what about me is pretty. <o:p></o:p>

wow...this turned into a rant....sry, and a little smilie crazy

i guess what i meant to say is good luck to all, and thanks posting, it really helps that other people know what you are going through.

:)

:huggie:

<o:p></o:p>

Hi all,

i know i joined this thread a couple of weeks ago, but never posted again, sorry about that. I'm usually pretty satisfied to just lurk and read about other's experiences. My pre-op diet is supposed to start tomorrow, and i'm not sure wether i'm supposed to be on full or clear liquids. I got an informational e-mail from the office in which they said full, and then when i talked to somebody else from the office they said clear. I'm trying to figure it out before tomorrow, i don't want to do anything to mess this up. After hearing about so many 14 day clear diets, mine seems really short and i'm not sure wether it's a bad thing or a good thing.

Also, congratulations to everyone who is already banded and thank you for sharing your experiences, it's really helping me and i'm sure everyone else, prepare for the surgery. I'm not sure how nervous i am, i feel fine about the surgery, but i keep on dreaming about it, so i'm sure it's affecting me more than i think it is. Funny thing about the dreams is that in them i always wake up with no pain at all and proceed to eat. A lot. Guess that won't be happening!

Ok, that's all i've got for now, i hope you all have a great day.

Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

Lady Libra - See you didn't have to mention the hero. With every mountain, valley & hurdle you get stronger, I even surprise myself sometimes. Keep dreamin Lady! :thumb:

Minty - Anxiety about the pre-op diet is normal. I just knew that I wouldn't survive it. I do mean survive - I was certain that I would be found laid out due to malnutrition. Hang in there, you have a great support group right here. :rolleyes:

Dru - Welcome!! :welcome:

Congrats to all of the newly banded & good luck to those that are to be banded!!! (it's hard keeping up)

Nina

hi Junie, Just wondering about the people that are already in the mushie stage if they have seen the scale move at all. I have lost a lot of weight between pre-op and post-op liquid diet but afraid when I get to the mushie stage it will slow down. I really want to move into the mushie stage because I am so tired of liquids at this point. I do realize that my weight loss is going to slow down but who like to hear about other peoples weight lost. thanks

Yep, it DOES slow down for a few days...I was a little bummed, the scale even went up a couple of pounds! :omg: But the scale is finally moving downward again. I'm sure it's a shock to the system when we're on liquids for so long, have surgery, on liquids even longer, then add more solid nourishment.

...Today is also my birthday! YIPPEE! My friends decorated my cubicle here at work! I love birthdays! I still get excited like I am a little kid again!

Happy Birthday Danielle! :rolleyes: