Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Ja9va - I am not looking forward to nothing to drink post-op. Our surgeon let my husband have sugar free candy in the evening, since he was up and moving around so well, so I am going to take a couple of pieces just in case he says it is okay for me!

Toni - thanks for the support - this is really tough, but I know I have to do it! I certainly have not been perfect, but I am doing better than I did the first 37 years of my life! My husband keeps reminding me that I was able to eat well when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes. I need to convert the focus I had on keeping my baby healthy to keeping myself healthy! Not the easiest thing to do when your body is screaming and kicking - hungry, hungry, hungry!

Suzzzie - I am glad you found a ride and someone to be with you. I was going to offer - but realized I would be in the hospital myself! :-)

No way! Dr.Ellison at WTLSC is MY doc! Haha. How cool. He's such a cutie too. :)

When is your surgery?

lol! Too cool! He is a cutie...luckily my husband wasn't along on my pre-op visit or I'd be in trouble...lol. He seems to really care about his patients...was very thorough.

My surgery hasn't been scheduled yet...but I've completed my pre-op tests...I feel like I'm getting the run around..."Call his office" "Call WTLSC" "Call his office" "We don't deal with his lap-band patients"...etc. I know the EKG and Bloodwork and all are only good for 30 days, so if they go ahead and schedule me it'll be this month. I was actually hoping for the 15th...like you. It would work best with my work schedule.

That's my big thing, I want to give my employer a good notice before I take a week off. My boss is very understanding and supportive. It's weird...I've told my co-workers and they're all supportive...another fellow co-worker had it and her bandiversary was last weekend and she's lost just over 80 pounds...she was one of my bosses former secretaries in his prior position.

My friend Melinda really liked Ellison...he did a wonderful job on her surgery earlier this year and she's now lost close to 28 pounds.

Suzzzie - I am glad you found a ride and someone to be with you. I was going to offer - but realized I would be in the hospital myself! :-)

How sweet of you!! Thanks for thinking of me.

Can't wait to hear from todays Bandsters!

lol! Too cool! He is a cutie...luckily my husband wasn't along on my pre-op visit or I'd be in trouble...lol. He seems to really care about his patients...was very thorough.

My surgery hasn't been scheduled yet...but I've completed my pre-op tests...I feel like I'm getting the run around..."Call his office" "Call WTLSC" "Call his office" "We don't deal with his lap-band patients"...etc. I know the EKG and Bloodwork and all are only good for 30 days, so if they go ahead and schedule me it'll be this month. I was actually hoping for the 15th...like you. It would work best with my work schedule.

That's my big thing, I want to give my employer a good notice before I take a week off. My boss is very understanding and supportive. It's weird...I've told my co-workers and they're all supportive...another fellow co-worker had it and her bandiversary was last weekend and she's lost just over 80 pounds...she was one of my bosses former secretaries in his prior position.

My friend Melinda really liked Ellison...he did a wonderful job on her surgery earlier this year and she's now lost close to 28 pounds.

My pre-op labs and stuff was on May 18, and they didn't call me with a date until May 29th. That was a very long 11 days for me!! They offered e either the 15th or the 29th, so I think he must be very busy. I know he does other surgeries somewhere else too, so I"m sure the days he's available at WTLSC are limited.

When I first started coming to this web site I found a woman named Carol who had her surgery by Dr.Nigro at WTLSC back in March. In the begining I called her and asked so many questions. It was nice to find someone who had been there and kinda knew how the office and stuff worked. She's had no problems and has had her first fill which she said was a breeze.

Good luck with getting a date SOON!! It would be cool if they could still get you in on the 15th. We could be band sisters and stuff. haha. My surgery is at 0930, have to be there at 0830. I'm soooo excited.

Well, I report to the hospital at 6:00 tomorrow morning.

It is finally here. Hope everyone else has good luck tomorrow, and I

will be praying for all of you. I won't be home the first night, but will

let everyone know how I am doing on Thursday.

Hey guys! Good luck to today's bandsters!

Everyone else it's coming! Try to be patient... it's hard, I know.

I feel great today. Havent had Lortab since Sunday night. liquid Ibuprofen yesterday morning... NOTHING since. My port site is still a little sore but not too bad. UNLESS I cough, then it feels like it is going to explode from my stomach and hit the wall! My stomach is very bruised.

The weird thing is... I'm not hungry! I have a 10cc band that is empty, and I'm not saying I feel restricted (not that I even know what that feels like).. I'm just not hungry. It's weird. I think my post op diet of Clear Liquids for a week got me very used to not having anything, then nothing but ice chips in the hospital til after the swallow test the next day... i dunno.. just not hungry... i'm drinking liquids with no problems and have had no nausea.

This whole thing is just weird!! lol

My pre-op labs and stuff was on May 18, and they didn't call me with a date until May 29th. That was a very long 11 days for me!! They offered e either the 15th or the 29th, so I think he must be very busy. I know he does other surgeries somewhere else too, so I"m sure the days he's available at WTLSC are limited.

When I first started coming to this web site I found a woman named Carol who had her surgery by Dr.Nigro at WTLSC back in March. In the begining I called her and asked so many questions. It was nice to find someone who had been there and kinda knew how the office and stuff worked. She's had no problems and has had her first fill which she said was a breeze.

Good luck with getting a date SOON!! It would be cool if they could still get you in on the 15th. We could be band sisters and stuff. haha. My surgery is at 0930, have to be there at 0830. I'm soooo excited.

Thanks, Suzzzie! Yeah, it'd be cool to be band sisters! Sounds like you have a great bunch of friends...very supportive.

...The weird thing is... I'm not hungry! I have a 10cc band that is empty, and I'm not saying I feel restricted (not that I even know what that feels like).. I'm just not hungry. It's weird. I think my post op diet of clear liquids for a week got me very used to not having anything, then nothing but ice chips in the hospital til after the swallow test the next day... i dunno.. just not hungry... i'm drinking liquids with no problems and have had no nausea.

This whole thing is just weird!! lol

I feel the exact same way Heather. I have the small band, but still, I don't feel hungry at all. I agree with you, I think the pre-op diet really helps with the after hunger. I'm sure the hungries are coming, but for now, it sure is nice not to feel ravenous. :)

Toni,

I will be banded at Methodist Hospital becuase that's what my insurance company wants. And if they are going to pay, I'll go to Methodist! Who did your surgery? Good luck to those getting banded today!!

Angeladarling! I think you're going to be banded where they are filming Big Medicine on TLC!!!!! (I love that Dr. team, too!) That is sooooooo cool! (Oh, and that you aren't self-paying is a HUGE bonus!) Only 22 days for you!

I was banded by Dr. Richard Collier at Journey Lite. It was GREAT. Dr. Collier is based in Conroe, but I live in Houston. I'm doing everything backward: today I go see the nutritionist!

I'm just happy to see a Houstonian on our board!

More later....

----Toni

Group hug to HT and MM for no hungries! Isn't that awesome!?!? Sometimes I feel hungry, but I realize it's when I'm WATCHING others eat food. Hmmmmmmm ...... psychological?!? I think so!

Hungries, hungries, stay at bay.....come again another day, errrrrr lifetime!

Doc's office called back. My hiatal hernia is actually large and the surgeon wants me to take over the counter Prilosec for 7 days prior to surgery. While I am still waiting a date, I was told the earliest it may be would be June 15...doc is out on the 22nd...and he only does surgeries on Fridays for them. But the good news is, my file is in process, now going for insurance verification (approved 5/9) and to anesthesiology. : )

Hot Toddy and Musical Momma!!!! Glad to hear the reports. I'm being banded the 7th! So It's awesome to hear what y'all are going through! Good Luck! Seem to be doing great!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to all of today's bandsters!!!!!!! I will be joining you this time next week :)

Just got back from my preop appointment. I also found out that my dr is one of 20 in the country currently using the AP band. I am also going to be part of a 5 year study of the new band. I think that will definitely help keep me motivated as I wouldnt want to have to report back that i am not able to lose (through fault of my own). Good luck to those getting banded today.