Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV anyone?

LisaMG

I am in the process of gradually weaning my mom from doing the majority of the holiday cooking. We moved Thanksgiving to my house. It is hard for her to let go. She has such bad knees that she is in constant pain. Before surgery I had knee pain. I also had hip pain (and a father who had a hip replacement.) I was worried about my future.

I am so thankful that I am not in pain anymore. I am no longer on the fast track to disability.

I also had a wake up call yesterday. As I was putting away the leftovers, I grabbed a roll, which I had avoided at dinner, sopped it in gravy -- over and over -- and devoured it in seconds. :eek A little reminder of life before banding! How thankful I am to have a tool to keep this kind of behavior in check!

Well I think we were all a little bad yesterday.

I went to confession and Said "Bless me father for I have sinned. I ate too much at Thanksgiving Dinner" He gave me three rosary's and an extra Our Father.

Hell I dind't get that much when I confessed to an affair. ( just kidding) (about confessing that is LOL LOL)

Oh well seem to be back on track. This year the leftovers don't look as appealing as years past. And we all know they are better the second day.

Hope everyone else get back on track if not today tomorow. Don't need my very first chart haveing the lines go below the chart. LOL

Ok ppl...I have another NSV!

Just this morning I slipped on a pair of my hubbys Levis! Wowie, what a thrill! It felt so D**n good to walk around the house in those pants for a few. I wanted to see what his reaction would be to me wearing his jeans and I did want him to notice me so I sashayed myself into the living room where he was. He noticed me right away...made me feel good cause he could'nt keep his hands off me then. Being toppless might of had something to do with his reaction... LOL..LOL..

Oh geoood life is so fun now...being banded is the best!

Isint it great?? Good for you Lisa, Awesome NSV

This is the first time in my married life I weigh less then my husband, its a great feeling!

I have squared shoulders now, like a marine, not the Pillsbury Doughboy.

I can fit a lot more clothes into a load of laundry.

Picking stuff off the floor is graceful and ladylike. Before I looked like a Sumo Wrestler (sp?) going after the last fallen peanut M 'n M.

Last night I tried on size 22 pants hoping for a Christmas miracle but they didn't fit... they were too big. Boo hoo. I started in size 28. Last night my friend bought me my first pair of size 20.

When I'm done posting this I will stand up but I won't have to use my hands to make sure the chair doesn't come with me. How many of you have had chairs stick right on your butt?

OMG...lets not talk about the chairs stuck to the butt thing! Just thinking of it now brings tears to my eyes..hahaha

Great NSV Delarla...the last M&M..lol

BTW, love YOUR new avatar...and would love to meet you too sassy lady! Or is it classy lady? Hell does it matter lets just all get togather and Celebrate our new selves!

Ok back to NSVs...had another one for you ppl...Last night I had to buy a "floor cushion" to put in the seat of my glider rocker (the one I use at my desk here) cause I've lost so much in my A** that I found it hard to reach the key board comfortably! Wowie! The best feeling $17.00 purchase all week!

Went to a Christmas party last night. A friend (hadn't seen in a while) said she thought my DH was there with another woman. LOL

I had a good nsv tody ..its been less than a month since being banded and for the first time in 3 years i managed to paint my toenails without huffing and heaving all the way through.. As my feet are the only part of me that hasnt got a extra layer on them they are the only part of my body that i dont mind other people seeing...lol...

Ladiebird, what a cute picture! Now take a picture of your cute painted tootsies and let's see that NSV. Feels great, doesn't it! Con'rads to you.

I shaved my legs and cut my ankle!!! I have an ankle!!!

...so sweet to see a spouse that "misses wearing" their wedding ring!....that's awesome!!! What a lucky wife you have!!!

N*

A year ago this Month I had to have carpol tunnel surgery on my wrists. They did the left one first. I had to go to the fire department to get my wedding ring cut off and it left the deepest groove. Hard to believe there was blood getting to the tip of that ring finger. Well when I started to consider this lapband I didn't bother to get ring sized up. Late week when my brother in law got married I saw the ring in the dresser and i tried it on. IT fits.(NSV) AS soon as I lose anther 20 pounds I will get it repaired . I do miss wearing it.

You can see in my signature below my other NSV. I am so happy that this is working for me and my family.

God bless you all

Went to the car wash before Christmas and I usually wipe off my windows and mirrors when I get out....but this time I had no napkins in my car!!! Not even one!!! I realized it's cuz I have not gone through a DRIVE-THRU since before the surgery!!! (NSV) I've decided to keep a roll of paper towel in the trunk! :-) No more drive-thrus for me!!!

Nancy*

I know this may seem silly to you but I have for years had a fear of escalators. I carried a lot of my weight in belly and chest area so I always felt top heavy. When ever I had to get on an escalator (down) I would stand there grab both rails and carefull get on and hold with at least one hand. Always afraid I was going to fall. Well I went to Sears this evening to pick up something and I took up escalator, which I never had trouble with. Bought what I needed and then headed to down escalator. Got to it and just stepped onto the thing without grabbing the rail and didn't even realize it till I put second foot on the step. Didn't have that top heavy feeling and also didn't feel like falling. Went back up and did it again. Hope they didn't have me on the security camera casue I was laughing on second ride down.