Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op appointment was today...

How are you feeling? What Protein shakes did you drink pre op? Did it help you when you worked and last you through the day while running around?

And how do I add you as a friend? I'm new to this site :)

Hope you are feeling good and resting!

I only had 1 day of liquid diet pre-op, but I used the Chike shakes, Jello, hot tea, crystal light. I called in sick the last day because I was up til almost 2am and still had so much to do before going to the hospital. I kept myself very busy so didn't notice hunger too much.

I'm feeling great. I wasnt prepared for how awful I would feel the first 8 hours post-op, mostly from the anesthesia I think. But every hour since then has gotten better! I am drinking, peeing, walking and resting in between, taking my meds, and using my incentive spirometer whenever I think about it and I'm feeling very well, just a little sore.

I got home today around 3:30 and been resting with my little dog at my side. Having a body pillow really helps me get comfortable on my side by supporting my incisions. I haven't used my heating pad yet but might at bedtime.

I've already had my 64 oz of fluids for the day and it's not even dinner time yet. I've been real thirsty so that has helped, probably from the anesthesia. My nurse advised me to take my pain meds on a schedule the next couple of days, as the inflammation peaks on day 3 post-op, so that is my plan.

No worries, I will friend you. Message me anytime. :)

HUGS,

Diann

My nurse was right. Day 3 was the worst because of inflammation. I only got about 20 oz of fluids in the whole day, every tiny swallow gave me that tight, uncomfortable feeling of indigestion in my chest.

Today is better. It's not as uncomfortable to drink. I walked my dog 3 blocks since the weather is so nice. My blood pressure is almost normal for which I am very grateful. I've taken bp meds for years and it got scary high while I was in the hospital.

I'm avoiding the TV because of all the food COMMERCIALS! food looks good and sounds good, but there is no way I would attempt to put any solid food in my baby stomach right now. .... Still my brain wants it. Weird.

I'm am fairly new to this sight. I'm glad to see your surgery went okay. I start my two week pre-op liquid diet tomorrow and then surgery on the 13th. I am nervous, but looking forward to it.

I'm am fairly new to this sight. I'm glad to see your surgery went okay. I start my two week pre-op liquid diet tomorrow and then surgery on the 13th. I am nervous, but looking forward to it.

Welcome Meg. There is a ton of information for you to research here. Just seek and you shall find. Wonderful site, so unlike FB. Genuine help. We have most of us been where you are, which you will read. We cannot HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPP! LOL but we can commiserate because we have felt that post op and preop diet. My husband and I missed Thanksgiving dinner back in November 2013, and survived. Christmas we had pureed lowfat turkey chili I made. Good luck everyone, this sleeve is awesome, I feel so wonderful 5 months out. Linda

Dsmithrn.. You walked your dog on day 3? That is really great. I figured I would still be in the hospital..lol

Welcome Meg. There is a ton of information for you to research here. Just seek and you shall find. Wonderful site, so unlike FB. Genuine help. We have most of us been where you are, which you will read. We cannot HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPP! LOL but we can commiserate because we have felt that post op and preop diet. My husband and I missed Thanksgiving dinner back in November 2013, and survived. Christmas we had pureed lowfat turkey chili I made. Good luck everyone, this sleeve is awesome, I feel so wonderful 5 months out. Linda

Thanks for the encouragement, Linda! I really needed to hear from someone who is a bit further out and has some perspective. I've been going through some "What the h*ll have I done to myself" moments these last few days, which I realize is normal but still difficult. Right now I feel like I will never be able to eat a normal food again. The thought of putting anything solid in my sleeve terrifies me, and yet I miss solid food. A lot.

I appreciate you sharing!

Tonight we played Trivia and shared a Greek salad. Trust me, you will adjust! You will not be starving to death. The pizza around us looked awfully appetizing, but, not going there! We are not suffering one bit!

Everyone sure seems to do a great job of supporting each other. I will need to be able to chat with people who understand what I am going through. My husband still doesn't understand why I am doing this yet I'm sick and tired of hearing the negative comments about my weight from him. It is time to feel good about myself. I read all of these supportive comments and somehow feel as if I know some of you.

Everyone sure seems to do a great job of supporting each other. I will need to be able to chat with people who understand what I am going through. My husband still doesn't understand why I am doing this yet I'm sick and tired of hearing the negative comments about my weight from him. It is time to feel good about myself. I read all of these supportive comments and somehow feel as if I know some of you.

The support is unbelievable Meg. I was on here every day prior to surgery, researching, listening and watching the posts. Since surgery, we all share our experience. I believe this is why we can be more successful. If your husband has not be overweight he may never understand (mine certainly does), but from what I see and hear men or women can feel very threatened (afraid, or whatever the word is) of their partner changing....... You will know us all better, and good luck. Linda

It started about 6 years ago when my doctor told me that bariatric surgery would add 10 years to my life. I did a ton of research, but my insurance at the time wouldn't cover the surgery. I moved and got a new job a year and a half ago. My new doctor also told me bariatric surgery would add 10 years to my life, so I decided I had to do it. My current insurance covered the surgery with minimal Co-pay, I'm very lucky! I already knew the surgeon I wanted. We have a Bariatric Center of Excellence, and everything just kind of fell into place. I have zero regrets. Add me to your friends list if you like, I'd like to keep up on your journey! Diann

what hospital and surgeon

what hospital and surgeon

I had Dr Boone at Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital. My experience was excellent!

I am 34 and have 2 kids. Based on how you feel right now, how do you think it will be for me recovering this summer when I have surgery? I'm a teacher. One will be at day camp and one at the sitter each day. We live and the beach too and I wonder if I'll be able to go sit on the beach a week or two after surgery? It's awesome to hear you're doing well and I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!

Getting to the beach might be a little rough 1-2 weeks post op, since you cannot lift anything (like chair, cooler) but if you can get there you will love it! I shopped the mall 5 days after surgery. Walked slow but felt great! Good luck.