Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have surgery in 5 weeks and was told to low carb the week before to shrink my liver, but I'm trying to start earlier. It's really hard, I completely understand. I did Ideal Protein for 5 months and lost 50 pounds but lived in a perpetual state of hunger. It was horrible-led to serious carb-binging after I finally gave up. I would literally have lists of foods I was craving. So, I'm nervous about going back into a hunger-diet situation. You are doing so well! I wish I had words of encouragement beyond "it's almost over." Keep up the great work and feel free to vent-we all get it! :)

Hello Traveler! You raise a great point so my friend was like wow ur doing great why can't u just do this instead of surgery? So I said well u do this for a week and let's see how u go? People think it's "the easy way out" I think it's like a reset on ur tummy giving urself a second chance an I stand talk and proud and my haters are my motivators lol.

Mmmm carbs I'm dying for a good burger or some fries or a kebab omg I'm starving lol but I hope my doctor compliments me on my skinny liver and is like wow that was the best liver I've seen!!!!

Believe me I'm trying to hang in ther 9 days to go!!!!! So what are u planning to do for preopp have u got some meals in mind?

I've lost 5 lbs in the last 6 days on my Preop diet! ;-) maybe I'll get down another 5 or so before surgery! I already feel better! I'm hangry too though!

I've lost 5 lbs in the last 6 days on my Preop diet! ;-) maybe I'll get down another 5 or so before surgery! I already feel better! I'm hangry too though!

Hi Beeteroo! That's an amazing effort I'm hoping for another 4-6kg by the 1st (roughly 8-13lbs) but I'm just sooooo hungryyyyyyyyyyyyy I have my pre opp consult with my surgeon 2mrw so let's see how it goes :) keep up the good work...what have u been eating?

I feel the same way. I am on day 9 of the pre-op and I am very irritated however I have stayed on the diet. I am ready to be on the other side of surgery.

Hi Beeteroo! That's an amazing effort I'm hoping for another 4-6kg by the 1st (roughly 8-13lbs) but I'm just sooooo hungryyyyyyyyyyyyy I have my pre opp consult with my surgeon 2mrw so let's see how it goes :) keep up the good work...what have u been eating?

Well today wasn't a good day for me to tell you what I've been eating. I've eaten way too much of the wrong things today! Easter candy has thrown itself into my mouth.....my hands had nothing to do with it. I've been having 2 Protein Shakes a day with a light low carb dinner. 2-3 servings of fruit, sugar free Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. I've also been trying to drink a bunch of Water.

I feel the same way. I am on day 9 of the pre-op and I am very irritated however I have stayed on the diet. I am ready to be on the other side of surgery.

Hi Laurie! This preopp is horrible isn't it lol! I had my pre surgery consultation today and I said to him I've had it just take it all lol not long to go now for me only 7 days!!! Surgery is Thursday week :) how much longer do u have left on it?

Well today wasn't a good day for me to tell you what I've been eating. I've eaten way too much of the wrong things today! Easter candy has thrown itself into my mouth.....my hands had nothing to do with it. I've been having 2 Protein Shakes a day with a light low carb dinner. 2-3 servings of fruit, sugar free Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. I've also been trying to drink a bunch of Water.< /p>

Hi Beeteroo! Hahah that Easter candy has a mind of its own doesn't it! But ur eating sounds like mine too I made a roast Cheryl Tomato and capsicum salad with balsamic vinegar and a bit of garlic grilled asparagus and grilled eggplant with a roasted chicken breast a bit of this a bit of that....lol yummy love eggplant lol oh and had my shakes :)

I am only three days post op but I can honestly say the pre-op (especially through Easter) was THE harder part for me. And yes, BAD breath! Try some sugar free lifesavers??

Omg I've got to do a FOUR week Optifast and vegetable diet !!!! How will I cope. I started Tuesday but I got to start again tomorrow. I've been naughty!!!

I am only three days post op but I can honestly say the pre-op (especially through Easter) was THE harder part for me. And yes, BAD breath! Try some sugar free lifesavers??

Thanks for that seatleslew it's good to know this is the hard part lol...

Omg I've got to do a FOUR week Optifast and vegetable diet !!!! How will I cope. I started Tuesday but I got to start again tomorrow. I've been naughty!!!

Hi rmv! Oh wow 4 weeks of optifast? Good luck my friend! It will all be worth it once it's over....when did u start?

Hi QueenBeeBee please excuse me you were my first message sent as I just joined now. I literally decided on Tuesday to have surgery. I phoned Dr room and they told me to start Optifast liquid diet straight away. Tuesday I had all good intentions, had my shake for Breakfast, by lunch, I was like "I can't do this" and gave into temptation. Likewise today I dropped off the bandwagon at lunch but picked it up for dinner. I can see I'm going to seriously struggle.

I am on day 10 of prepping diet. My surgery is 4/29

Hi Erieb2healthy :) thank u for the motivation I definately feel better today and have my head in the game :) it's a little easier to tolerate now just keep pre opping :) I just hope my liver is nice an skinny for my surgeon now :)10 days to go

Hi QueenBeeBee I'm starting my pre-op diet 28th and I will be in Vegas glad I will be there for a week only this is one time I'm looking forward to Vegas, only going because the hubby is receiving an award.

Theoleage: you are so welcome! I am hoping to join you all soon on the road to the sleeve. I go on Tuesday for my referral and hopefully the journey begins for me. Have a great day!