Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's wrong with me???

So since I booked my surgery I have been on the condemned prisoner diet. You know - the one where you eat like it's your last meal??? I have been giving into ALL my cravings (and have gained 7 lbs as a result).

Last night I craved.....BROCCOLI

and today.....A salad :faint:

Help me - is this normal???:help:

:heh:

Absolutely, completely normal. We all did it to some extent or another....the whole "last supper/meal syndrome". There are a ton of threads on this.

Just be thankful you are craving broccoli and salads!!! (THAT part is weird!!! LOL).

So....ummmm, ahhhh...not sure if you are "normal" in other aspects of your life (probably not!!! :) :) ) but you ARE normal with the "lets see how much food I can cram into my mouth at mealtimes before surgery" thoughts and the "I must go to THIS restaurant and/or have THIS meal because it will be the last time" thoughts.

Of course, it won't reallllllly be the last time....you just think so right now!! You will be able to eat those foods, go to those restaurants and have those special meals again...!!! (after you've gotten thru your post-op phase, of course!).

-=big smiles=-

sounds pretty normal to me... I have been having these thoughts also and I have till May 30th till I am banded. I gained and now I am trying to get it together as I know the more I gain the more I have to take off. I don't want anymore to take off than I already have LOL. This last week though for some reason I have been feeling full I don't know if it is because I am thinking ahead to how different it will be and I have gone into some kind of thing like soon to be fathers do when their wifes are having morning sickness and cravings... lol I am just hoping that I can keep those last supper thoughts at a somewhat happy medium so that once I am on that other side I will not have an extra 20 pounds to lose!

So hang in there Susan, it won't be long now and you and I will be sharing others stories!!

I can't wait!

It is the threat of never being able to eat it again.. well really not a threat but a fear. A What if... it is just like telling the kid don't touch the Iron it is hot.. once in a while they need to reach out and see what the heat is.

Banding and last suppers are like that, what if I can't eat sushi anymore, roast beef etc etc. So you tend to eat like it is a last supper of the condemmed. You are perfectly normal you have just read about some people having some issues with food you love and the fear makes you crave it.

Good luck and you are normal.. healthy normal, but normal.

OMG, Normal!!! If you didnt do that I would think there was something wrong. LOL. Relax, totally normal. Give yourself a pat on the back for making a great decision, and relax. Also remember, after the liquid and mushie stages post-surgery and pre-fill, your appetite will come back and you will be eating pretty normally then, until your 1st fill. Then it becomes a gradual process, in which you learn re-eating slowly. The hardest part by far is the pre-op diet. But after surgery you will gradually be able to eat again, everything you enjoy, and your gonna do it getting thin and feeling FINE!!!!

All I truly wanted was a Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard. Kept promising myself that I would have at least one before my surgery... what was the one thing I didn't have??? Yeah... my Blizzard... I'm still very upset about this!!

All I truly wanted was a Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard. Kept promising myself that I would have at least one before my surgery... what was the one thing I didn't have??? Yeah... my Blizzard... I'm still very upset about this!!

OMG! :faint: I wanted that same exact thing before my surgery, too. And I also didn't have one. Now that I'm banded, I realize that I CAN have this, but no longer really want to, because I don't want to have to put that in Fitday.com!!!!! Way too many calories for this banded girl!:bandit

I believe that the new way of thinking after banding is that less is just as satisfying as more. I had many fears/issues before banding -like cleaning the plate (and my kids) and if something was good (cheesecake) then what harm was having more! Well, now I enjoy some of those things that I ate LOTS of before banding but just in smaller quantities and not as often. Plus I exercise regularly. I love how I feel and the energy level is back. I have been on a yoyo of dieting and gaining then losing for years - since my first son was born 28 years ago. This is the first time that I have felt in control over food and not having the food control me.

Baby steps and keep it positive every day. If you have a bad day, tell yourself that's ok and get back on the next day.

post-208915-13813134834068_thumb.jpg

Nice photo Angel Bear!! By the way, everyone, she is the one on the right!

Where's your before shot...I've seen ya before but these guys haven't! The difference is INCREDIBLE!!! You hottie you!:clap2:

I went through several weeks of the last supper mentality. Put on about 8 lbs. because of it. Now I am on Optifast and I am in definite greiving about food (I cried on the way to work today because I don't when I'll be able to have kraft dinner and hot dogs again!). Oh well, I guess it's all part of the process.

2 more weeks until surgery!

deanna

Dr. Mumford Apr. 26

Thanks Yoda,

You look fantastic too! I can't imagine how fantastic you'll look at goal. And Mr Yoda too - Barbie and Ken!

Before picture below. Yeah, I'm the one in blue! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming. I can't imagine what it will feel like to get to goal. What a difference a new hair style, makeup and clothes make!

It is alot of hard work and a journey of dealing with the hunger and fears but its been manageable with support from those here and talking to many in the waiting room at the Clinic - I know I wouldn't be this far without it. Your encouraging e-mails have helped me over my bumps and together I know anyone can make it to goal - everyone's journey is unique so to those who have just started - take one day at a time and make your goals small so they are manageable and don't get discouraged.

I'm hoping and praying that by June I'll be at goal (the one I set for myself is not far away) since I already hit and passed the one set by my doctor.

Vacation was great and I'm so fired up to go back to work (and the gym).

Have a great week and have fun at your mom's!

hugs, Bear

post-208915-13813134837941_thumb.jpg

You're an inspiration Angel Bear...and it was been a pleasure to be with you through your journey and to see first hand the transformation!!!

You rock!