Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Place to buy protein shakes

I am just starting the process of bariatric surgery. My doctor recommends that we replace one meal a day with Protein shakes as part of as I call it the pre-pre surgery diet. I am wondering what is everyone's favorite Protein Drink and where do you buy them.

Thanks!!!

Also you can go to InsureNutrition.com and fill out the form to see if you qualify for FREE (insurance covered) Protein, Vitamins, and scar cream.

I'm changing up my Protein next month to half vanilla and half chocolate so I can mix up the vanillas with some Torani, etc to have some different tastes to it.

The scar cream is great...my hysterectomy scar even has been reduced and less red looking :) ... it's light and not greasy!

Good luck

There are recipes on this site, the Torani site and the World According to Eggface if you want inspiration

Regarding Protein - when my nutritionist recommended I start incorporating them into my current diet I let her know that I hated the chalky taste of most. She recommended I try Six Star or Premier sold in Walmart and Sam's Club. The Six Star brand was about $2 less expensive in premade formula. I found them to be tolerable. I went back and tried the strawberry flavor in powder form (about $18 a canister). To my surprise I enjoyed the taste a lot more.

I overbought several different brands. Turns out that my favorite is the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Splender with Torini Hazelnut. My experience has been that the Syntrax Nectars blend more easily and don't gum up so much in cold Water.

To those who are presleeve: don't buy too much before surgery. Your tastes will very likely change and a Protein Shake you like now may not appeal to you post-sleeve. It happens to a lot of people and they end up throwing out or giving away Protein powders they used to like and now hate.

Walmart/Sam's Club - Premier Protein chocolate. Once I found Premier, I quit drinking any other brand. And they're cheap too, they cost about $1.50 per shake.

I like Jay Robb whey Protein powder from either Whole Foods if you have that store near you or you can find it on Amazon or eBay.

It's made with Stevia and mixes smoothly in skim milk or Water if you prefer.

It has 25g of Protein in it.

I know that it comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. There might be other flavors but I'm not sure.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Note that when people discuss adding flavors to shakes with Torani syrups they mean the sugar free version, you can negate your efforts using the full sugar variety. You can find these on Amazon if your local grocery doesn't carry a wide selection. I really love the nectar Sweets line, which you can find on Amazon in big tubs, or order a sampler packet from MyBariatricpantry.com

Thank you all off all the great feedback!

try Amazon.com. they sell a lot of Protein products. like nectar brand, click, chik etc. the prices are good too. I also buy premier singles at costco. they freeze well and I like to eat it like those frozen malts. good luck on your surgery