Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel? Where in the USA would you take your dream vacation? Why?

Santa Fe- a few years ago, Nathalie's, cowgirl restaurant SPICY food, Indian market, adobe style homes, great galleries, found a beautiful silver belt, n'orlens- Mississippi queen paddle boat, funeral procession, black umbrella, beniets and hot chocolate- love your poem pretty thick!

Ate gator tail salad for the first time there.

Jackson hole wy? Tell me more please...

Cody museum was wonderful, tom Balding bits & spurs in Sheriden

Cody museum was wonderful, tom Balding bits & spurs in Sheriden

I'm taking a trip this year, too. I'm thinking Alaska...maybe rent a motor home.

Just a cool funky little town. We stayed there after driving out of yellowstone. I'd love to go back and ski in the winter. The shops were cool and hiking great!! Jenny lake was beautiful!!

i'm from california and i've had fun in my home state! everyone should check out our national parks (if that is what you like to do) Sequoia National Forest. not as packed as Yosemite, but it is soooo beautiful!

i spent 3 weeks touring the east coast and i loved it! i also traveled to DC but didn't have nowhere near as fun as i did in NY.

santa fe, new mexico/arizona is beautiful in its own way. we just spent a week there last year.

i really awnt to visit the south. my best friend is getting married soon and as his maid of honor, we're all flying out to New Orleans to visit his fiance's fam. yay!

i think where i would LOVE to travel would be Montana. sounds so random, but ever since i watched that movie "River Runs Through It" i have wanted to go there since i was a girl! i love fishing, love nature, and love being in the outdoors. i would love to go rent a cabin and enjoy the scenery and the fishing. my husband and i would have a blast!

Why just the USA? Just curious...because there are some fabulous places to go

I live 25 minutes from Jackson, (on the west slope of the Tetons where those of us that aren't millionaires can afford a house) so if you want details you can PM me. What activities are you looking for? What season?post-182221-0-77743000-1396394292_thumb.jpg

I loved Provincetown off-season (early October). Plenty of parking, no crowds, very beautiful, and still warm. Lots of great seafood, no waiting! :-)

I'm heading to Oceanside CA on the 24th to visit my son and meet his girl. He's in the USMC, stationed at Camp Pendleton. I'll be there a week. He wants to take me to Hollywood. I just want to walk the beaches and be warm. I'm excited about seeing the beautiful pier in Oceanside. I'll probably do some wandering and exploring, maybe get a tattoo. Any suggestions for must-see attractions in the area? I've never left New England except to see his USMC graduation at Parris Island in SC.

Kindle- thank you for that beautiful picture you posted! Do you see a lot of antelope & moose? How is the horseback riding?

I'd recommend Seattle in Spring or summer. Tons of camping and hiking from oceanside to mountain top. There's fishing both fresh and salt Water, and whale watching. The weather and surroundings are most gorgeous that time of year. It's home for me :-).

Personally, I really want to visit Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. The Ozarks would be great as well. As far as cities, I think Albuquerque, NM sounds really interesting, as does Birmingham, AL.

I really enjoyed my travels through New England and LOVE Boston, though that area is incredibly muggy in summer. May and October are best.

I live 25 minutes from Jackson, (on the west slope of the Tetons where those of us that aren't millionaires can afford a house) so if you want details you can PM me. What activities are you looking for? What season?

Oh kindle I am so jealous. It is so beautiful there. I loved Jackson and forgot until your correction it's not called Jackson Hole. Why did I think that?

Anyway you have paradise there for sure!!! :)

It's been years since I have been near camp Pendleton - a city itself! Maybe someone near there- San diego- could give more current info. The San Diego zoo, is world class. Balboa park and the museums are at least a weekend adventure. Torry pines hiking, the ocean is spectacular- but cold... You will have a wonderful trip!

I agree - there are awesome places all over the world, but we sometimes forget to look in our own back yards. I want to discover those unusual, fun funky, beautiful, sites sounds and smells here. I've traveled some European countries, but the USA is my focus now. I try to put together a list of interesting places where I live for family and friends when they visit- I suspect most of us do, and thought- how often do I have the chance to ask someone, an expert in their own back yard adventures?