Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of Loss. 6 Month Weight Loss Metrics For Info/Comparison

Madam reverie - think you noticed before our stats similar I'm 5-10 and now 195 I started at highes weight 315 SW 295 In six months I was down 62 In 1 year I was down another 34 From the surgery weight From my weight chart attached you can see steeper rate of descent in first 6 months and then it slows down. However still was losing about 5 average a month though it was 7-8 for months 7-9 and 2-3 for months 10-12. Now in month 13 it will be around 1-2 a month I have 22 to go to be "normal" BMI. But with my age of 48 and 4 children stretching me all out in the past I have a personal goal of 8 more pounds.

Forgot to say I am currently US size 14. I fit just barely into a 12 dress pant the other day. I think I will end up an12-14 in most things. People are very surprised I am in the 190s when I tell them. They think I look thinner than I did 25 years ago when I got married (I was 174). Maybe my bones are denser who knows! Or my waist is thicker than it was and is more easily disguised.

Start:240

Goal: 140

Total loss required: 100

Current loss (@192) = 48

No maths required. 48%

Huzzah!

Btw, that's amazing in 10 weeks.

Madam, I just luv ya!! Funny I just lost another pound too!! zeepity do dah!!

So in the future the formulation is SW-CW= X then X / GW = % lost?

Yes size in clothes is a crazy thing, I hope to feel good in my body the number on the clothes is nice to see go down. I just wonder where that will be in the future.

Hoping the building of muscle will help out the number of plastics in the future. :)

Edited by BellaHugz

As you are looking at BMI as well as dress size you might be interested in this table which takes age into consideration too. I'm 55 and I don't expect to be the same weight I was at 25. I have posted this table before but some might not have seen it.

post-127909-0-45542500-1396034585_thumb.jpg

As you are looking at BMI as well as dress size you might be interested in this table which takes age into consideration too. I'm 55 and I don't expect to be the same weight I was at 25. I have posted this table before but some might not have seen it.

Woohoo. Love that table. Gives me 10 more pounds. And making me look forward to age 50 in 2 years cause I'll get another 11 pounds. Wooooooohooooooo. I am only 1 pound away from that now. I wonder if I can lose 12 to get in the 40-48age range or just wait 2 years!

Regarding size, I was a size 10 once, for about 5 minutes.

I've got me some child bearing hips and I can't imagine ever seeing single digit sizes. But, a girl can hope.

I really don't see too much difference in size, which is weird, but I was probs shoving myself into pants I had no business wearing in the first place.

I have a size 14 on right now, they are a bit loose, but not falling off.

In a years time, I would expect to have all of this "head" stuff beaten, and accept my lithe new figure, it'll happen!

Loose skin! On my upper, inner thighs. My neck is looking like my mothers neck. My arms are ok, FOR NOW.

Sheesh, why is it always men that have it so easy.... ;) <awaits the nuclear fallout> :P

Lol now are we that bad???? Love this thread going to figure stats be back in a minute

SW 344 5 10= BMI of 49.4

CW 227.4 BMI of 32.6

I just came out of a 3 week stall that almost caused a nervous break down. Seriously I lost it. I was sure I was done losing. I was heart broken! In the last few days I have dropped 3 pounds so I feel a little better. My goal is 190 which is still overweight according to the BMI chart. My surgery was on August 20. I think I might have just been really lucky the first 7 months the rest might be slow going! And not all men skin tightens my man boobs are now where my belly button should be and my belly button is almost to my......... Well uh....... Sorry ladies it is low lets just put it that way!!!!!!

Just so you know you are not the only one who is a little data crazy, I'm attaching my own personal weight loss spreadsheet here. I weigh myself every day, enter the weight, and remove the yellow highlight to show which days were real weigh-ins and which ones were days I didn't have a scale available. All of the other measures (and there are a lot of them) are calculated from these values EXCEPT the "milestones" section which are manually entered, and somewhat random, markers that I have chosen for my milestones.

Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing my example. My surgery was on July 30 and I have lost just over 100 lbs.

Bea

Measures.xlsx

Note: You'll have to scroll around a bit to find all the measures but most of them are at the top-right of the spreadsheet, starting near cell L4.

Edited by Bea Amaya

Just so you know you are not the only one who is a little data crazy, I'm attaching my own personal weight loss spreadsheet here. I weigh myself every day, enter the weight, and remove the yellow highlight to show which days were real weigh-ins and which ones were days I didn't have a scale available. All of the other measures (and there are a lot of them) are calculated from these values EXCEPT the "milestones" section which are manually entered, and somewhat random, markers that I have chosen for my milestones. Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing my example. My surgery was on July 30 and I have lost just over 100 lbs. Bea Note: You'll have to scroll around a bit to find all the measures but most of them are at the top-right of the spreadsheet, starting near cell L4.

Bea is being modest! She not only keeps this data, but she keeps the data for the rest of us involved in her weekly challenges!

Thanks Bea!

Sheesh, why is it always men that have it so easy.... ;) <awaits the nuclear fallout> :P

Lol now are we that bad???? Love this thread going to figure stats be back in a minute

Answer - Yes.

That is all :P

Just so you know you are not the only one who is a little data crazy, I'm attaching my own personal weight loss spreadsheet here. I weigh myself every day, enter the weight, and remove the yellow highlight to show which days were real weigh-ins and which ones were days I didn't have a scale available. All of the other measures (and there are a lot of them) are calculated from these values EXCEPT the "milestones" section which are manually entered, and somewhat random, markers that I have chosen for my milestones.

Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing my example. My surgery was on July 30 and I have lost just over 100 lbs.

Bea

attachicon.gifMeasures.xlsx

Note: You'll have to scroll around a bit to find all the measures but most of them are at the top-right of the spreadsheet, starting near cell L4.

Bea, THAT is a thing of beauty! :D

Particularly loving the embedded physical representation. Clearly I want (dammit, WILL) be the chick on the far right!

Answer - Yes. That is all :P

This made me snort!!

That hurts! ???? I love you anyway!

That hurts! I love you anyway!

lol As I, you!

This is GREAT thanks so much! I have a chart too thanks to my hubby haha...I was astounded to see it all laid out there this weekend, -33inches and -54lbs in 4 mos 1 week! Everyday I feel like I am such a sloooooow loser but man on my own I would've never been able to lose this much! I think keeping track and seeing it laid out "on paper" really talks me down off the proverbial ledge!!! Thanks for sharing and great work! I can't wait to get down to "overweight" BMI and I am sooo close :)