Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of Loss. 6 Month Weight Loss Metrics For Info/Comparison

As sometimes data on rates of loss are sometimes thin on the ground, I thought I'd share mine for you all.

I am 5ft 10. I started at 250lbs. Day of surgery, I was 243.83. BMI 35.3

I am 6 months and 8 days out (including today) since surgery.

As you will see (and I hope it brings a little reassurance to some), that although my scale is a little on the slow side in comparison to others, that the numbers (on the scale and on my body) are moving in the right direction. Stalls and all!

post-181494-0-93403700-1395856812_thumb.jpg

I am trying to reach 173lbs. This will give me (for the first time since I was 18) a normal BMI of 24.8.

As it stands of today and based on the above figures:

250lbs Starting

192lbs Current - Loss 58lbs BMI 27.8

173lbs Goal - 77lbs total loss required

58lbs / 77lbs = 75.3% of Excess weight lost

19lbs to go! (31lbs if I want to get to my lowest weight ever, although I'll re-evaluate this when I hit 'normal' :blink:)

Now, I'm just hoping that my window of opportunity isn't about to slam shut!

Would really appreciate any viewpoints on rates of loss during the 6 months- 1 year mark?

Hope the above has allayed some fears and provided a bit of confidence in your own rates of loss, all you sleeve-superstars out there!

Revs x :)

Wow, you sure you don't have some latent 'medical scientific research program' desires looming around in your subconscious. That's more detailed records than the discovery of penicillin.

I think there is no way you won't reach your goal, and you will be able to predict the minute it will happen.

Great job. I would say keep up the good work.....but that's a given! :P

wow Rev's i never kept any records of the loss of pounds. I just waited for the visits to the team...Down in this sense is always a good thing...

Your doing aweeeeeeeeesomeeeeeee! :)

Sweet stats!

But, omg! Window of opportunity slamming shut? Is that a thing? I certainly hope not, I've got quite a ways to go....

Wow, you sure you don't have some latent 'medical scientific research program' desires looming around in your subconscious. That's more detailed records than the discovery of penicillin.

I think there is no way you won't reach your goal, and you will be able to predict the minute it will happen.

Great job. I would say keep up the good work.....but that's a given! :P

Would it surprise you to know that I'm a bit anal like that?! lol

Call it the analyst in me!

wow Rev's i never kept any records of the loss of pounds. I just waited for the visits to the team...Down in this sense is always a good thing...

Your doing aweeeeeeeeesomeeeeeee! :)

Thanks, babe. :)

I did it because I knew there'd be times when the scale wouldn't move - and for my sanity, I needed to see something - anything - going in the right direction. Inches lost made me feel better about things.

I am just really sad and love data! :blink:

Sweet stats!

But, omg! Window of opportunity slamming shut? Is that a thing? I certainly hope not, I've got quite a ways to go....

I really don't know.. I'd certainly appreciate some feedback on this from those who are 6 months plus.

Well, I hope someone casts a light on this. The scale and I are at a stalemate and I hope this isn't the end!

I am going to remain faithful, as I'd be mad if this were the end.

Wish I would have kept records like that.

Starting weight 362 and I am 6'3'

At 6 months I had lost 112 #'s and April 3rd will be 1 year for me and I am at 153 #'s lost now. I can let you know the exact 1 year mark loss when it gets here.

"normal" weight for me according to BMI Calc is 199 so assuming that is correct I have lost 93.86% of my excess weight. With 10 pounds to go.

Here's my measurements.

WEIGHT:

Sept. 239

Oct(surg). 229.5

Nov. 206

Dec. 196

Jan. 187

Feb. 181.3

Now. 179

Goal. 150 ( maybe 140)

I've lost 66.6%of excess

29 more pounds til goal. Yikes

I really stink at attaching photos

The figures are looking good.

Out of interest, what's the column in the far right for and how tall are you?

I want my neck to go down to 12 inches! Waaaaah! I have a mans neck!

Here are mine. Very similar stats. I have 10 pounds to goal and have been holding steady while training for 1/2s. Would like the scale to start moving again, but struggling with eating enough for running versus losing weight.

I'm a bit anal as well on the stats. I weighed in and measured every Thursday, but haven't been measuring much since January as everything is staying the same. I tracked everything in MyFitnessPal (you can add custom fields).

post-169315-0-64234300-1395866030_thumb.png

Sweet stats!

I really don't know.. I'd certainly appreciate some feedback on this from those who are 6 months plus.

My surgeon told me that in his experience the honeymoon period is between 6 - 8 months. He said statically 18 months is the usual cut off for a great amount of weight to be lost. Your body starts to level out at this time....

Now I believe that if you have seventy pounds to lose and it takes 2 years. What is the difference. I feel that as long as a person is in control of what goes in their mouths then the weight will come off.... At 17 months out I am losing a couple of lbs a month I think...For some reason I don't think about it much....

Maybe because I have lost the bulk of it or I know my body will lose more if it wants to. I trust that the sleeve will not fail me..It can't I went through hell for this baby!!!!!!!!!!

The figures are looking good. Out of interest, what's the column in the far right for and how tall are you? I want my neck to go down to 12 inches! Waaaaah! I have a mans neck!

Thanks, I feel like its super slow

The far right column is "calf"

Obvi, I'm slacking in my EXCEL game!

I am 5' 7"

And as you can see, my hips aren't budging.