Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of Loss. 6 Month Weight Loss Metrics For Info/Comparison

oh this was a good post I needed the laugh and the realness of it all. Longtime coming, I get the comparision thing we are all human an sometimes do it.. Sheeze I had a friend who was pregnant compare herself to me and my wieght loss. Seriously, it hurt. I was like you gave birth to a child and all i did was loose fat, Really? But she found me to be a treat for a bit and I just stayed away for a while. Now with that said it is easy to compare but there are ladies on this site who would kill for your hair, just sayin" And weight loss too. ;) When I get to goal I hope and pray my bmi will be healthy and my arms will have dents in them.. Ohhhhh ya and lets not forget the thighs to be skinner. Hey Madam How Am i doing stats wise? starting 240 now 192 10 wks out.

I'm lucky with the hairs!

Now I want arm dents!

Ps: friends can be crazy, you were very patient, you are a good friend.

As far as your percentage, I think she'll need your goal weight!

I have arm dents. Bulges, too. They are very pretty.

Pics or didn't happen.

Start:240

Goal: 140

Total loss required: 100

Current loss (@192) = 48

No maths required. 48%

Huzzah!

Btw, that's amazing in 10 weeks.

Great job! You look fab! Love the data. I do it too. I also went as far to measure right and left arm/thigh/calf bc my left side is slightly larger.

I'm 5'4". I've lost 51% of excess weight.

My starting was 320.8 bmi of 55.1. Today I am 227.8 bmi of 39.1. Dr goal weight for me is 138 bmi of 23.7. However at last Dr appt she said no way will I likely reach 138 bc my bone structure is too large. She said about 50-60 more pounds and I'll probably be just right. So let's say 160 is new goal, I've lost 58% excess and will end with a bmi of 27.5 and will still be overweight.

Yiyiyi... I agree with lipstick, I'm more concerned about clothing size.

It's interesting, the clothing size thing.

No matter how 'small' I was when I was younger (161lbs), I was still a UK size 14 (US 12 - I think).

Nutritionist told me I'd get to a size 12. He is deluded.

No one can have Irish hod-carrying shoulders like mine and get into a 12. Fact.

I should be seeing him soon, so it'll be interesting to see if he re-evaluates this point....

I seriously just read on here someone has lost 80lbs at 4 months out. I swear to everything Holy, that I am going to just eat a effing cheeseburger and throw in the towel! Seriously, I give up. I can no longer be brave, trusting, patient. Going to Mcdonalds, see ya!

I know it sux my husband hit goal at 5mths lost 99lb. I however still have 55lb to go and had lost 66lb. Ahhh if that doesn't make you crazy I don't know what will.

I seriously just read on here someone has lost 80lbs at 4 months out. I swear to everything Holy, that I am going to just eat a effing cheeseburger and throw in the towel! Seriously, I give up. I can no longer be brave, trusting, patient. Going to Mcdonalds, see ya!

I know it sux my husband hit goal at 5mths lost 99lb. I however still have 55lb to go and had lost 66lb. Ahhh if that doesn't make you crazy I don't know what will.

Crazy indeed! :)

May I ask what your husbands BMI was at the start and at the finish?

Size is a bizarre thing, for sure. I am an 8 at Gap, Limited, Loft, but a 10 at H&M, Urban Outfitters and Express. I can wear a 6 in many nicer brands like Ann Taylor.

My goal is to wear 6s in most places with some 4s thrown in. At 5.3, that's not a stretch. I think I'd be almost there if I didn't have the excess skin.

How's the excess skin thing going?

I thought I might escape with my arms. After seeing recent photos, I'm thinking not...

The belly and boobs? Well, they're just a car crash.

Crazy indeed! :) May I ask what your husbands BMI was at the start and at the finish?

He started with a BMI of 41.1 and now is at 26.4. This is still classed as over weight but he is starting to look too thin so has decided to stay at 80kg which is 176lb.

So not sure if I agree on the BMI being the goal in his case because he would seriously look under nourished if he got much smaller.

He started with a BMI of 41.1 and now is at 26.4. This is still classed as over weight but he is starting to look too thin so has decided to stay at 80kg which is 176lb. So not sure if I agree on the BMI being the goal in his case because he would seriously look under nourished if he got much smaller.

Just to add a bit more salt into the wound his excess skin isn't bad at all. He just needs to tone up a little and you would never know that he has struggled with his weight. I on the other hand have more than a couple of handbags hanging off this body. Arms, legs, belly and boobs. Neck 's not looking so great either. So there was one lottery winner in our house and it wasn't me. Not that I'm complaining to much because we were sleeved on the same day and I live with the proof that it DOES work. So that's enough to keep me motivated. The positive side is he won't need PS so that means more money for the huge repair job I'll be needing.

He started with a BMI of 41.1 and now is at 26.4. This is still classed as over weight but he is starting to look too thin so has decided to stay at 80kg which is 176lb. So not sure if I agree on the BMI being the goal in his case because he would seriously look under nourished if he got much smaller.

Just to add a bit more salt into the wound his excess skin isn't bad at all. He just needs to tone up a little and you would never know that he has struggled with his weight. I on the other hand have more than a couple of handbags hanging off this body. Arms, legs, belly and boobs. Neck 's not looking so great either. So there was one lottery winner in our house and it wasn't me. Not that I'm complaining to much because we were sleeved on the same day and I live with the proof that it DOES work. So that's enough to keep me motivated. The positive side is he won't need PS so that means more money for the huge repair job I'll be needing.

Sheesh, why is it always men that have it so easy....

;)

<awaits the nuclear fallout> :P

Madam reverie - think you noticed before our stats similar

I'm 5-10 and now 195

I started at highes weight 315

SW 295

In six months I was down 62

In 1 year I was down another 34

From the surgery weight

From my weight chart attached you can see steeper rate of descent in first 6 months and then it slows down. However still was losing about 5 average a month though it was 7-8 for months 7-9 and 2-3 for months 10-12. Now in month 13 it will be around 1-2 a month

I have 22 to go to be "normal" BMI. But with my age of 48 and 4 children stretching me all out in the past I have a personal goal of 8 more pounds.

post-168706-0-79648000-1396028502_thumb.jpg