Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of Loss. 6 Month Weight Loss Metrics For Info/Comparison

I was sleeved on May 15, 2013

I am 5'7" tall and weighed 242

Today I weigh 179 and am rocking it.

I have had people say, hey you better stop losing weight. But I am still 18 lbs from goal.

I am wearing size 8 jeans woo hoo!

Trust me it is going slow slow.

But my theory is like this: I did not gain all this weight overnight, so therefore.

I am going to stick to the rules for the most part, but on vacation, etc I am going to eat what I want to. I cant eat that much to make that much of a difference.

I try to work out or do something to get a good sweat going at least three times a week. Now remember I am 54 years old.

So I walk of do my Wii fit with the exercise board. Oh and my instruction on Wii watches out for me and advises me of my pitfalls.

My hair is starting to come back and it is wonderful when people walk up to you in Walmart and say hey, I almost did not recognize you.

Stick with it, have faith and dont try to rush.

Maybe someone can help me figure out the percnetage of excess body wieght i have lost so far, becasue i don't know the formula. I began@ 291 and as of Monday, the 24th, I am @ 213. What percentage of excess body weight have I lost? I am only 5 ft tall. Charts always show i should weigh 110-115 lbs, but I don't think I will ever get to that number. I set my goal @ 150. Not that it matters in the formula, I am 59, so I think the weight does not come off as super fast as when you are young. I am pleased with my progress and don't care if it takes me longer. As long as the scales are going down. So far, I have not had any stalls, per say, just samll losses ( 1/2 to 1 lb) a couple of times.

291 - 150 = 141lbs to lose

291 - 213 = 78lbs lost so far

78 / 141 = 0.5531 x 100 = 55.3% of excess weight lost so far.

Maybe someone can help me figure out the percnetage of excess body wieght i have lost so far, becasue i don't know the formula. I began@ 291 and as of Monday, the 24th, I am @ 213. What percentage of excess body weight have I lost? I am only 5 ft tall. Charts always show i should weigh 110-115 lbs, but I don't think I will ever get to that number. I set my goal @ 150. Not that it matters in the formula, I am 59, so I think the weight does not come off as super fast as when you are young. I am pleased with my progress and don't care if it takes me longer. As long as the scales are going down. So far, I have not had any stalls, per say, just samll losses ( 1/2 to 1 lb) a couple of times.

Well It looks like you know the formula

BTW dr consider the surgery a success if you loose 50% of your excess weight. So far you are considered a sucess!!

Way to go

I'll be happy knowing that the window won't shut any second now!

That is all :D

Are you a fellow datahead?????? I'm laughing at your spreadsheet...I have one, too.

Congrats on your success! You've done great. Our stats are close, expect for height...you tower over me, I'm 5'4"

Wishing you continued success and thanks for sharing your journey with us. I always look forward to your posts and stories.

I seriously just read on here someone has lost 80lbs at 4 months out. I swear to everything Holy, that I am going to just eat a effing cheeseburger and throw in the towel!

Seriously, I give up. I can no longer be brave, trusting, patient.

Going to Mcdonalds, see ya!

Judging by that formula, I have lost 47% in 6 months. I suppose this is pretty good.

I seriously just read on here someone has lost 80lbs at 4 months out. I swear to everything Holy, that I am going to just eat a effing cheeseburger and throw in the towel!

Seriously, I give up. I can no longer be brave, trusting, patient.

Going to Mcdonalds, see ya!

Eh? I didn't see that. Who has lost 80lbs in 4 months?

I personally think the BMI thing is interesting... It appears that everyone stalls at the same stages of the BMI reduction journey. Irrespective of the weight they're at when they hit those BMI points. Its like the body calibrating. Very interesting.

Someone call a scientist!

And don't go to Maccy-D's. It tastes like dog poo. Literally. :blink:

Are you a fellow datahead?????? I'm laughing at your spreadsheet...I have one, too.

Congrats on your success! You've done great. Our stats are close, expect for height...you tower over me, I'm 5'4"

Wishing you continued success and thanks for sharing your journey with us. I always look forward to your posts and stories.

Fanks, Chica.

Data, yes, some habits die hard! :blush:

Judging by that formula, I have lost 47% in 6 months. I suppose this is pretty good.

47% is mega groovy. Happy Days! :D

It's in the title "before and after pics"! And, I just looked and I was mistaken, she has lost 87lbs, my bad! Ugh, kill me.

Um, mcdonalds=dog poo? I have no basis of comparison, I will take your word for it!

Now, I will go and crawl under covers and never come out!

It's in the title "before and after pics"! And, I just looked and I was mistaken, she has lost 87lbs, my bad! Ugh, kill me.

Um, mcdonalds=dog poo? I have no basis of comparison, I will take your word for it!

Now, I will go and crawl under covers and never come out!

Seeing as most of your taste sensors are in your nose - you should have something to compare it with! Surely?!

As for the super-duper loss.. What's their BMI? I'm starting to overlook the numbers now and am straight away eyeing the BMI at the milestone marks. Fascinating.....

And get out from under your covers and go and eat some Protein :D

I am.. I have BBQ ribs in the oven. That will be my second dinner. I have worms today. Eating like a proverbial pig :blink:

Edited by Madam Reverie