Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of Loss. 6 Month Weight Loss Metrics For Info/Comparison

This is GREAT thanks so much! I have a chart too thanks to my hubby haha...I was astounded to see it all laid out there this weekend, -33inches and -54lbs in 4 mos 1 week! Everyday I feel like I am such a sloooooow loser but man on my own I would've never been able to lose this much! I think keeping track and seeing it laid out "on paper" really talks me down off the proverbial ledge!!! Thanks for sharing and great work! I can't wait to get down to "overweight" BMI and I am sooo close :)

They are great stats! Many congratulations. And don't worry, at that rate of loss you'll be 'overweight' very soon! :)

<p>As sometimes data on rates of loss are sometimes thin on the ground, I thought I'd share mine for you all.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am 5ft 10. I started at 250lbs. Day of surgery, I was 243.83. BMI 35.3</p> <p> </p> <p>I am 6 months and 8 days out (including today) since surgery.</p> <p> </p> <p>As you will see (and I hope it brings a little reassurance to some), that although my scale is a little on the slow side in comparison to others, that the numbers (on the scale and on my body) are moving in the right direction. Stalls and all!</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"></p> <p> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">I am trying to reach 173lbs. This will give me (for the first time since I was 18) a normal BMI of 24.8.</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">As it stands of today and based on the above figures:</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">250lbs Starting</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">192lbs Current - Loss 58lbs BMI 27.8</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">173lbs Goal - 77lbs total loss required</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">58lbs / 77lbs = 75.3% of Excess weight lost</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">19lbs to go! (31lbs if I want to get to my lowest weight ever, although I'll re-evaluate this when I hit 'normal' :blink:</span></span><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">)</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Now, I'm just hoping that my window of opportunity isn't about to slam shut!</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Would really appreciate any viewpoints on rates of loss during the 6 months- 1 year mark?</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Hope the above has allayed some fears and provided a bit of confidence in your own rates of loss, all you sleeve-superstars out there!</span></span></p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"> </p> <p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Revs x :)</span></span></p>

How do you figure out % of excess weight losy

• @septappt - according to the information on your tag.

Your start weight: 280

Your Goal weight: 170

Weight to lose: 110lbs

Weight lost so far: 68lbs

Therefore: 68lbs/110lbs = 0.6181 x 100 (to get the percentage) = 61.81% of your excess weight lost so far.

That's pretty groovy! :D

Thanks for doing that. I'm down 85 pounds now so 195. Hopefully I can lose this last 15 to make it and even 100 !! Love your post and your replies !!! So if I figured right I'm at 77.27% now. Yay!

Edited by septappt

Your Goal weight: 170

Weight to lose: 110lbs

Weight lost so far: 85lbs

Therefore: 85lbs/110lbs = 0.7727 x 100 (to get the percentage) = 77.27% of your excess weight lost so far!

Even better!

And you're more than welcome :)

and she's up to a 60lb loss. That's 77.9% of her excess. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeee! :D

So I know we shouldn't do compare-sies, but I am 25 lb. from goal. My hubby gets sleeved next week and wants to lose 65 lb, but I'm pretty sure he'll hit goal first, lol.

So I know we shouldn't do compare-sies, but I am 25 lb. from goal. My hubby gets sleeved next week and wants to lose 65 lb, but I'm pretty sure he'll hit goal first, lol.

That sounds about right. Pht! Men!

thank you to every one on this thread for sharing your losses and walls. It helps to know whats ahead. I am getting cranky over not losing for four days, I better get me over that.

My next goal is not a scale one but physical. I just want to look at my back without the bakery (rolls everywhere). I reakon thats going to take a bit.

Thanks again.

I'm new and am doing the compare game. One thing I've figured out, just because it says someone lost 80 lbs, it doesn't mean they lost it post surgery. I lost 17 lbs before my surgery so it gives me an inflated weight loss on my ticker. I have thought about changing my starting weight number just so it would be an accurate account of my weight loss. So Miss I Lost 80 lbs might have lost 30 lbs before her surgery, giving her the envious 80 lb loss.

I have to tell myself these things. Mental masturbation is about all I'm capable of these days.

<p>I'm new and am doing the compare game. One thing I've figured out, just because it says someone lost 80 lbs, it doesn't mean they lost it post surgery. I lost 17 lbs before my surgery so it gives me an inflated weight loss on my ticker. I have thought about changing my starting weight number just so it would be an accurate account of my weight loss. So Miss I Lost 80 lbs might have lost 30 lbs before her surgery, giving her the envious 80 lb loss.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have to tell myself these things. Mental masturbation is about all I'm capable of these days.</p>

WOW!!!! That is why people post HW SW GW CW..... Everyone is different in how they want to look at there loss !!! I've personally feel I work hard either way so pre or post op so a loss is a loss to me and I'm sure many others look at it that way

I don't have much to add here, but I wanted to "stop by" anyway and just say thanks for all the chuckles. This is a great thread, and I've enjoyed reading all the updates and friendly jabs at each other! And now I'm going to be late for work!

Be well…

<p>I don't have much to add here, but I wanted to "stop by" anyway and just say thanks for all the chuckles. This is a great thread, and I've enjoyed reading all the updates and friendly jabs at each other! And now I'm going to be late for work!</p> <p> </p> <p>Be well…</p>

Don't be late for work.....lol

I know what you mean about the jabs but sometimes people just cross the line on their comments especially when you are new and they have been through the ringer and have all the answers. I don't mind giving advise or talking about an experience but some people have the nerve ya know. Have a great day !!!

I don't have much to add here, but I wanted to "stop by" anyway and just say thanks for all the chuckles. This is a great thread, and I've enjoyed reading all the updates and friendly jabs at each other! And now I'm going to be late for work!

Be well…

Don't be late for work.....lol

I know what you mean about the jabs but sometimes people just cross the line on their comments especially when you are new and believe they have been through the ringer and have all the answers. I don't mind giving advise or talking about an experience but some people have the nerve ya know. Have a great day !!!

I'm new and am doing the compare game. One thing I've figured out, just because it says someone lost 80 lbs, it doesn't mean they lost it post surgery. I lost 17 lbs before my surgery so it gives me an inflated weight loss on my ticker. I have thought about changing my starting weight number just so it would be an accurate account of my weight loss. So Miss I Lost 80 lbs might have lost 30 lbs before her surgery, giving her the envious 80 lb loss. I have to tell myself these things. Mental masturbation is about all I'm capable of these days.

You are right. Sometimes people leave out the HW, SW,CW,GW indicators and it's misleading and/or confusing. I totally get counting the weight loss before surgery, we've earned it! But, if one is going to count that loss, they must also count that TIME. They may be 3 months post op, but the weight loss is actually beginning several months prior. It's disheartening when someone says they are 3 months post op and down 90 lbs.

It's good to keep it all in perspective. Comparing drags us down.