Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the heparin shot twice a day when I went in March. It felt like a bad bee sting. I hated it.

My surgery date is June 24

Pre op date is the June 16

My liquid diet straits June 03

I'm just ready and scared, scared ill gain before survey ugh so many thoughts and feelings!!!

Just heard from BCBS FEP and I am approved for surgery on June 9th!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Hood my surgeon will give me a sedative to calm my nerves down on the day of surgery.

Masonjk I am the 9th too. I can't wait.. I'm hoping my back and leg pain will all go away. I have been trying to keep busy to pass yes time. Where are you located? I'm in Central NY.

I hope to bring my iPad with me to the hospital and check in with everyone. Has anyone cleaned out their closets yet? I have so many clothes that I will.. Be able to get back in to. Looking forward to size 14 by the end of summer.

My surgery date is June 23rd. I am currently at my pre - op appointment. I am a bundle of nerves.

Sorry I have not made any cements lately, I had to resettle password.

Well for me I have been on the pre-op diet 7 days now. The first day was pretty tough but it is much easier now.

My surgery is June 4th. I am excited and a lite nervous about getting all my Protein and Water in after.

Day two of liquid diet. Not as bad as I thought, although I woke up with a whopper of a headache this morning, not sure if the two are related or not, lol. Twenty two days till my surgery!! Anyone else going in on the 19th of June for their bypass??

PS- I lost 3.5 pounds since yesterday morning!!!!! How crazy is that?? Yay Opti-Fast shakes!!! My good friend had her bypass done last August and she told me that she lost 42 pounds in three weeks while doing the Opti-Fast diet pre-surgery. If I can hit 260 before my surgery I'll be one very happy girl. Currently I'm 284.8.

5 days to surgery. start the all liquid diet on Friday. I'm getting so nervous now!!

5 days to surgery. start the all liquid diet on Friday. I'm getting so nervous now!!

You'll have to be sure to give us updates, I think you're the first of this group to have surgery. Good luck!!!!

I had my EGD today. I wrote a little blog about it if you are interested. http://kimwls.blogspot.com/ .....I'm actually blogging the whole experience, but since I'm still pre-op....there is not much yet.

I'm on June 17 for surgery, and June 10 for liquid pre-op.......it is very interesting hearing about all the different preps and protocols. I will also have to do anti clotting injections for 2 weeks post op....they said they just recently (about a year ago) started that and have not had a single patient get a blood clot since.