Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to buy a package from the doctor's office that costs $250. It is 4 containers of Celebrate, Bariatric Advantage, or Unjury shakes and all the necessary Vitamins and Calcium supplements to get you started.

We also have to get the vitamins and supplements we will need to take immediately after surgery, and they have to be chewable or liquid form. That cost over $150.00. And I had to switch up some of my regular prescriptions to ones that could either be crushed or in liquid form. And liquid form of my antidepressants was $140.00 vs $20.00. It's been an expensive month with those and all the vitamins and Optifast shakes. But I suppose since I won't be eating regular food, I'll save a bit of money, lol. Also, things are more expensive to buy here in Canada vs the USA.

I talked to my surgeon he said I could take my bipolar meds whole since they are small. I take abilify I can get a liquid 90 day supply from the mail order pharmacy for 140 dollars. Which isn't to bad without the insurance it would be almost $3000. I am going to talk to my psychiatrist today and see if he wants me to start taking liquid abilify. My fear is my meds won't absord right and I will become manic or depressed. They both suck, I want to prepared and make sure neither happens.

Well my surgery is scheduled for 6/2/14 and I'm starting to really freak out. I gained a little weight since my last weigh in because I had a bit of a breakdown and starting eating all my favorite comfort foods. I have to weigh in again on the 27th of this month and I'm scared because my surgeon will cancel the surgery if she feels you have gained too much weight. I started the liquid diet early in the hopes to shed the pounds by the weigh in but I can't help but panic. I've been working so hard for so long for this surgery that I don't think I could bear to lose it now over one meltdown. I am starting to be anxious everyday and my normal coping mechanism for that is to eat so ARGH! I don't know if I'll get through this.

Well my surgery is scheduled for 6/2/14 and I'm starting to really freak out. I gained a little weight since my last weigh in because I had a bit of a breakdown and starting eating all my favorite comfort foods. I have to weigh in again on the 27th of this month and I'm scared because my surgeon will cancel the surgery if she feels you have gained too much weight. I started the liquid diet early in the hopes to shed the pounds by the weigh in but I can't help but panic. I've been working so hard for so long for this surgery that I don't think I could bear to lose it now over one meltdown. I am starting to be anxious everyday and my normal coping mechanism for that is to eat so ARGH! I don't know if I'll get through this.

You can get thru this. You have put a lot of hard work into losing the weight you already have. Just think of all positive things that are going to happen after you have the surgery and really start losing weight. No one is perfect, I know I turn to food when I don't need to. I had pizza for dinner tonight instead of my usual required lean cuisine. I thought to myself while eating it, this pizza isn't making me happy like I thought it would. Tonight was probably the last time I will eat pizza for a very long time. Anyway, that being said if you need to talk during the tough times just send me a PM.

Went to the psychiatrist today and he going to leave me on whole pills unless I start having symptoms of mania again. He said he switch me to liquid medication if I start having problems. I am his first gastric bypass patient, so this should be interesting. He did double my valium because I have been having a lot of anxiety. Wouldn't know why I would have a lot of anxiety, could it be because I am having major life changing surgery in 33 days?

Hi all! I'm new to the forum! My date is June 9th and I'm on an all liquid diet until then. How are you all handling being on the diet? I feel like I'm hitting a wall and I'm only at day 3 of 21. Any advice?

I met with my surgeon today for my final pre op appointment and it hit me today that my surgery is only three weeks away!! I'm a planner and I feel like 3weeks is not enough time to get everything done lol. I only have to start a liquid diet two days before my surgery so that's exciting!

I found out today that my doctor doesn't set a goal weight ?! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I had my own personal goal weight in mind based off of the research I did online for my height ( 5' 2 3/4" ) which is between 115-120 pounds and my doctor says the lowest I should weigh is 140 but should expect to weigh in the neighborhood of 170 after surgery. All of this info threw me for a loop I thought there would be this magic number I would be striving for and working towards and not just let it fall where it may I don't think I like this idea :(

I think the doctors are afraid of setting us up for failure if the number is too low. But I have more than a few friends that have gone through the surgery and easily surpassed the doctor's guessed weight and ended up at their own goal weight. I plan to take it ten pounds at a time. Then every ten pounds is a victory and can really boost your confidence for the next ten pounds. And makes you grateful for this opportunity of bariatric surgery. ;-)

Edited by Loveskinnyme

I met with my surgeon today for my final pre op appointment and it hit me today that my surgery is only three weeks away!! I'm a planner and I feel like 3weeks is not enough time to get everything done lol. I only have to start a liquid diet two days before my surgery so that's exciting!

I found out today that my doctor doesn't set a goal weight ?! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I had my own personal goal weight in mind based off of the research I did online for my height ( 5' 2 3/4" ) which is between 115-120 pounds and my doctor says the lowest I should weigh is 140 but should expect to weigh in the neighborhood of 170 after surgery. All of this info threw me for a loop I thought there would be this magic number I would be striving for and working towards and not just let it fall where it may I don't think I like this idea :(

My surgeon didn't give me a specific number but I'm 5'4 and he said I will probably be anywhere from 135-145 pounds . I can't even imagine that!

I'm 5"9" tall and according to every doctor I saw when I was thin- said I should weigh between 160-170 lbs, which puts me in the normal BMI range of 22-25. However, up until I was about 28 years old, I weighed 135-140 lbs, and I felt the best. And wore a size two. I'm hoping to get back down to that weight. Which means I have to lose exactly half of my current body weight of 280 lbs. But like I said in my last post- I'm going to take it ten pounds at a time. :-)

@@Jordyn Maggie -- welcome to team June 9th! It's my day, too. I'm one of those lucky people who doesn't have to do the pre-op diet so I don't have any suggestions for you on that but I'm sure you'll get lots of great support from people who are having the same challenge.

My doctor didn't give me a goal weight either but he did say new research in the field has said a 26-27 BMI is within a healthy range. Based on that, I would be around 155 (I'm 5'4"). At 145 my BMI would be 25. I would actually like to get down below that but like the other posters, I can't IMAGINE being down at 145 or lower. Guess the brain will have to catch up on that one!

When I asked about a goal weight, he just said "You can get to whatever weight you want"... I want more firm answers than that! But, apparently a lot of doctors don't set goals -- maybe like you said -- not to set you up for failure but also to keep you from getting to the most healthy weight you can (might be lower than their goals).

It's amazing when I thought about it -- my senior year in high school I was in homecoming court and had trouble finding a suit (we all wore very tailored suits with hats) because I needed a size 0 or 2. After first baby, I stayed around 140-145 but gained about 40 in 6 months after baby #2 because my thyroid just stopped working and it took 6 months to figure that out.

Getting close 25 days to surgery June 17

18 days to pre op liquids June 10

EGD Wednesday May 28

Re: Goal weight....no one has been specific about that with me.....my personal goal keeps moving between 150 and 140 ....I'm 5'5"....used to be taller.....my biggest goal is health and getting off at least some of my meds.

My date was rescheduled from June 12th to June 30th this morning. Totally bummed out today. :(

My date was rescheduled from June 12th to June 30th this morning. Totally bummed out today. :(

I can totally understand how you feel. I'm not scheduled until the 25th of June. I get kinda bummed when I see all these posts with surgery dates earlier than mine. I will admit I am a little jealous. However, I believe that things happen the way the do for a reason. Try to stay positive and things will work out.

<p>Hi all! I'm new to the forum! My date is June 9th and I'm on an all liquid diet until then. How are you all handling being on the diet? I feel like I'm hitting a wall and I'm only at day 3 of 21. Any advice?</p>

Welcome to the club I'm right behind you, my date is June 11th. I don't start liquids until the 29th. My only advice is to try and stay busy I know it's going to be hard hopefully the days go by quick. Good luck to you.