Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

Guest BikiniBeachy

So what is the official time? I will have to sit with you Lori and Kayleigh'smommy, so I don't feel like such a loner in the big group ! :smile2:

Hi everyone:

I have a hard time finding people from Colorado anyone out there?

Add me to the mix :smile2:

I was banded by Dr. Metz over at P/SL on March 6, 2008.

Hi everyone:

dede801 - what support group do you attend? I have read horror stories of people moaning and groaning. Not my style, but an upbeat support group is always helpful.

I'll take a stab at answering this question....

At the P/SL group, we introduce ourselves (This is where EVERYONE gets together). We then sometimes have a program of some type. Then we split up according to the procedure and then we share our stories (The good, the bad & the ugly) and offer each other support. This is where those contemplating the procedure get to have their questions answered (And hopefully any concerns they have put to rest as well).

The whole group session usually takes two hours and meets @ 6:00 PM on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in Room 302 of P/SL's East Wing, which is at 1719 E. 19th Ave. unless the program takes us on location somewhere away from the hospital (Which has been known to happen).

Bye all - tomorrow I'll be banded. Yeah!
Good luck. :smile2:

Cheers :thumbup:

Hi everyone:

as far as what I collect. I am a bill collector. But I don't eat my young.

I have been in the business for 22 years and make a great living.

hope all is well with you guys and I will keep in touch.

Not with ME with you on the job - *Hint....Hint* :smile2:

Sorry....The temptation to respond just overwhelmed me. :thumbup:

Cami - Healing well. Truthfully, I was floored. It was much more than I thought it was going to be, so then maybe that means I'll be more grateful when I start to lose! What's going on with Red Robin? Any Purees I can eat there?? LOL

Woohooo 75 Pounds...Long2b rocks my world. She made it way before Halloween! Congratulations.

Ambra, how are you feeling now hun?

[

I'm feeling good. Went back to work this week. Nicu Nurse/12 hour shifts are kind of long. Have trouble drinking enough Water. And I'm frustrated, cuz I'm not real sure what I should/shouldn't be eating. Have mostly been eating mashed potatoes and Jennie O turkey loaf, cuz it's soft. It was good the 1st 12 times... lol.... I've tried a couple bites of salad, and a lettuce wrapped grilled chicken sandwich. I'm not losing even though I'm eating way less then I used to. I'm a little less then 3 weeks out. I know it takes time, but It's nice to see results when you've put yourself through something this big. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? Ambra:tongue_smilie:

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hey Ambra...I am sorry you are not losing, do you know what may be causing that? I don't think I hvae lost much 9 days out, but that's ok for mean, I am so darn happy the surgery is over. I was so scared.

Is everyone still on for tomorrow?

hi everyone! i wanted to introduce myself...i was banded on october 2nd..almost 3 weeks ago by dr. fisher in the Springs. i couldnt be happier! i get most of my support from another website...but it never hurts to have more bandster buddies..especially in my state! i am going to go to penrose (my hospital) support group this thursday, and i hope to meet more local bandsters.

nice to meet you, and i look forward to getting to know u better!

Hey Ambra...I am sorry you are not losing, do you know what may be causing that? I don't think I hvae lost much 9 days out, but that's ok for mean, I am so darn happy the surgery is over. I was so scared.

Is everyone still on for tomorrow?

I hope so, I am going to be there. My daughter and I are going down south shopping to the outlets and Park Meadows then she is dropping me off at Red Robin while she meets her b/f for dinner and picking me back up. So if we aren't meeting, I'll be eating alone there so come join me! Anxious to meet you and everyone else face to face, just hope I find everyone.

Oh and Bikini, I think they said the time was 7pm, that's when I'll be there. I sure hope the Dr. K patients don't mind some others joining in. Heck we are all living the band sisters, right? (and brothers if there's any guys coming too).

Edited by Great2BThin

I hope so, I am going to be there. My daughter and I are going down south shopping to the outlets and Park Meadows then she is dropping me off at Red Robin while she meets her b/f for dinner and picking me back up. So if we aren't meeting, I'll be eating alone there so come join me! Anxious to meet you and everyone else face to face, just hope I find everyone.

Oh and Bikini, I think they said the time was 7pm, that's when I'll be there. I sure hope the Dr. K patients don't mind some others joining in. Heck we are all living the band sisters, right? (and brothers if there's any guys coming too).

I plan on being there too :biggrin:. So, see ya tonight!!

julie

Hi I live in Lakewood! I just joined up today!

Wanted to say hello to my fellow Coloradans ~ Hello!

My 1st consult with Dr. Snyder isn't until JANUARY! At least I am gathering as much info as I can - and I'll be ready for it! :tongue2:

Megan

BikiniBeachy, Denvergirl, Prtyantovryt,

Long2BThin, KayleighsMommy

(we all gathered at Red Robin for some good conversation and a nice meal!)

post-224851-13813137782326_thumb.jpg

Welcome Megan!! I, too, had Dr. Snyder as my surgeon. He's great. But wow that's a long time to wait for your consult! I suppose with the holidays coming up etc. time is becoming more of an issue. But you'll get to start the new year off with your new lifestyle.

Dee, thanks for posting the picture. I so enjoyed meeting you gals last night. We may have different surgeons but we are all living the same lifestyle last night and it was great to share successes, struggles and tips with you all. I look forward to joining you guys again if I keep up the nerve to drive that far at night. :Dancing_biggrin:

I had a great time last night. It was nice meeting everyone. If I talked too much, I hope you'll forgive me. :party: I don't really have anyone to talk to about my band or what I am going through (other than the wonderful online people I have met, of course) so I tend to get a little excited at support meetings. :Dancing_biggrin:

julie

I had a great time last night. It was nice meeting everyone. If I talked too much, I hope you'll forgive me. :crying: I don't really have anyone to talk to about my band or what I am going through (other than the wonderful online people I have met, of course) so I tend to get a little excited at support meetings. :Dancing_biggrin:

julie

You didn't talk too much at all Julie! You're doing so well and I loved meeting you!!!

Welcome Megan!! I, too, had Dr. Snyder as my surgeon. He's great. But wow that's a long time to wait for your consult! I suppose with the holidays coming up etc. time is becoming more of an issue. But you'll get to start the new year off with your new lifestyle.

Dee, thanks for posting the picture. I so enjoyed meeting you gals last night. We may have different surgeons but we are all living the same lifestyle last night and it was great to share successes, struggles and tips with you all. I look forward to joining you guys again if I keep up the nerve to drive that far at night. :party:

You are such a brave soul! You drove such a long way! BUT I am so pleased that you did. You're an inspiration to me! Look at what you ate last night? Such a good Bander!

I posted a before and now pic on "Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum" - what a difference a year makes!

Thanks Dee, truth be told, my daughter drove last night. She met her boyfriend for dinner as he lives near there. Not sure I can talk her into that every time. :biggrin:

I went and checked out your thread and photos and you look great!! Awesome what a difference a year makes!

I was so thrilled to meet other Colorado folks.