Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey...how about "The A-MAY-zing Bandsters"???

We could put something like "I'm one a-MAY-zing bandster" below our names to identify with the May group...just an idea!

Good luck to all the May 9th people...good wishes and prayers are being sent your way. And I hope everyone was successful today with their surgeries. You all are in my thoughts during the day (I log on several times a day to see how everyone is doing...it is getting me so anxious for Friday!!)

Take Care!:rolleyes:

Love this!!!! a-MAY-zing is awesome!!!

I dont care what you call me as long as you call me thinner!!! :rolleyes:

You got that right!!

I am going to change mine too!

I am banded! Arrived at 6:00 took me back at 6:20 to sign papers and start the IV. Surgery was at 7:30, woke up in recovery around 10. Move you to secondary recovery in a chair / lounger. Made sure pain (soreness at port site) was under control, vital are fine and that you can sip Water & tolerate ice chips. Was able to leave once I went to the bathroom at 11:10. It was great having a pillow for the ride home. Once home walk walk walk and sip sip sip. Took some pain medication at 8pm and have felt good today. The worse part yesterday was getting up to a standing postiton very sore at port site but once I was up, walking felt pretty good to me. I had my water and would sip and walk. It was much betther than I had thought it would be!

Good luck to everyone today.

Lubterp,

Glad to hear that you are doing well! You make it sound so easy.

I just got a call from an RN at Empire BCBS of DE and ...............

I'M APPROVED!!!

I screamed and asked her to repeat what she told me...just so I heard it right!!!

I can't believe it... its really gonna happen!!!!!!!

That's great Melissa O!!! BTW, love your name.....I'm a Melissa, too!!

Good luck Kitty, FaithMD and Melissa. I know the time is dragging today! We fly out tomorrow morning! My best to all of you. Let us know as soon as you can.

Good Luck Nickswife,

Let us know when you get back! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi Slackation,

WoW... That is fast, but men drop weight so much faster than women. I'm sure you will taper off soon to the more reasonable 1 to 2 lbs. a week. However, I would sure talk to my doctor about this to make sure you are getting the right nutrition. Are you getting enough Protein?

okay WHAT 60 GRAMS PER DAY OF PROTEIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? ALSO AM STILL ON liquids AND HUNGRY BUT AM SURVING I CANT BELEIVE THE HEAD HUNGER THAT COMES OVER YOU. THANKS AMY AND MELISSA FOR REPLYING. LATER SLACKER

slackaction - i have six weeks total of liquid diet, 2 weeks pre-op and 4 weeks post-op but I drink 90gr. of Protein a day on all of them except the one week following surgery. I also take a fistful of vitamins/day. Anything else is broth, crystal lite, sf popsicles, sf Jello. I break my protien into 4 20gr shakes/day so I don't get as hungry. I'm dropping weight fast also but am very excited about it! I keep telling myself as long as I am giving my body everything it needs (protein & vitamins) the rest is just for my head hunger. It's tough but what a great start. Rejoice in your loss as long as you are giving your body some nutrition.

Hello everyone ... banded Tuesday morning, back on line and back at work today feeling great!!! (I'm only working half a day) Amy I am sooooo sorry to hear things haven't gone so well for you -- have faith things will get better.

I have been ranting and raving about my surgery and the care I received -- I was so fortunate to get the revised AP band and low profile port, (primariely because of everything I learned from this forum) person scheduled before me cancelled, I was the only surgery that day went in around 10 out by 12 in my room by 1:00 and was out walking the hospital floor by 1:30 -- made myself a little cheat sheet liquid 30 ccs /breathing excerises/ankle flexes/walking and checked it all off as I went it was very enpowering. I just want to say a quick thanks to all of you who wished me well I am so very greatful and blessed so far soooo goood. I better do a little work in the meantime, I am anxious to post the rest of my journey and anyone who can benefit from my experience I'm thrilled to help -- all questions welcome, I feel like I have gotten so much from this forum, its my way of giving back... To all those who have yet to be banded -- keep reading educate yourself and be the best possible surgical patient you can be !!!! Knowledge really is power.....

Congratulations! That is great you are back to work so soon. Wow. My doctor also told me I would be getting the new AP band. I googled it and did a search on this forum but couldn't seem to find much info about it. What's the difference?

okay maybe i am not getting enough of the Protein is why i get hungry or think i am hungry. thnaks

more Protein will definitely help your hunger. you know, Atkins, the zone and south beach all preach protein and if you've ever been on those you know you're not as hungry. i bet that's your problem.

i just got my band tuesday. i sure hope i do as well as you and wenjea!

The 8th I was banded. I am still sick and nauseated..I just had a 3 hr. ride home..I'm so full of gas. I walked twice druing my trip. I am sipping Water ever 5 min. I am really having a difficult time.Shar

The 8th I was banded. I am still sick and nauseated..I just had a 3 hr. ride home..I'm so full of gas. I walked twice druing my trip. I am sipping Water ever 5 min. I am really having a difficult time.Shar

Shar, I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been doing pretty well other than a very sore side. I had a little gas last night and this a.m., but took some Gas-X and it seemed to help. I've also been using a heating pad on my side which helps. Did they give you anything for nausea? They gave me some suppositories which I thankfully haven't needed.

I hope you feel better soon. Did you just get out of the hospital?

I just discovered this thread. Can I join the gang? I had my lap-band done on May 4th. I'm so thrilled that I did it. I'm still having quite a bit of soreness, but nothing I can't tolerate. I had my post-op appointment today, and I'm down 8.2 pounds since surgery! I'm thrilled. I can now have thicker Soup and my work cafeteria had cream of chicken soup today. I got some of that and it tasted like the most wonderful thing I'd ever had! I just didn't eat the chunks!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Maya and I am new to message boards. I was banded 5/3/07 and so far so good after I was told by my Doctor to take Gas X!!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack it was so much pressure. I am so happy I found this site!!! I am looking to lose 80-85 lbs. I go to the Doctors on friday for my first post op appt. Did anyone have tips on the most comfortable way to sleep? ?? I am having a lot of problems at night! Please let me know what is working best for you. THANKS :rolleyes: