Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

wow CrabCAKE that to complex for my small brain i guess just wont have a ticker tape. HERE MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT 6' 2'' started at 341 post op lost 22 on post op and after banded wednesday down to 315. I KNOW ITS NOT PRETTY LIKE EVERYBODY ELSES.

I made it through the 2nd day of liquids and I'm feelin like today is going to be easier in the hunger department but harder on the mental. I have to go to a baby shower and a Cinco dai mayo (sp?) party tonight. How do I be around all that food and not eat it!?!?! I don't want to become a recluse for six weeks but what is a person to do? I feel like a weak person!

Did anyone get a sore throat from thier Protein and liquid days. I'm wondering if it's something in the Protein Drink or if it's all the fake sweetners. I know it's not yeast because I just got through with medication for yeast. And WHAT IS THE DEAL about this bad breath and taste in my mouth! YUK!!

How is everyone doing? I am making progress. Not in much pain today. Just lots of GAS!!! gasX is my middle name, LOL and walking. Making sure I get my fluids in is hard. I am keeping a food journal, it helps to keep me on track. Each day is getting better, I am going to try to return to work on Monday, but it depends on how I feel. Hope all of my fellow May Bansters are doing well.

wow CrabCAKE that to complex for my small brain

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make it sound so difficult. it's not really. go to tickerfactory.com and follow their directions. at the end they give you some information to copy. paste that into your signature area.

if there's someone else out there who can explain this better, please jump in!

Hey Crabcake,

I love your new ticker. That's a hoot! I hope you're relaxing this weekend and getting ready for Tuesday. I so excited for you. I feel like time is dragging for me. However, starting next Thursday, I will be keeping my nephew and dog neice while their parents are in Miami. That will keep me busy. OOOOh, I hate sixth grade homework!

Hi Ladies It's Finnally Over. I Was Banded May 2 2007. And I Doing Fine Thanks For Some Of The Emails Wondering Where I Was. Today Is A Good I Actually Got Out And Drove To The Store Walked Around For About An Hour I Felt Great

So On To The Rest Of My Life:clap2:

Hi Ladies It's Finnally Over. I Was Banded May 2 2007. And I Doing Fine Thanks For Some Of The Emails Wondering Where I Was. Today Is A Good DAY I Actually Got Out And Drove To The Store Walked Around For About An Hour I Felt Great

So On To The Rest Of My Life:clap2:

Booohooo hooo - I was DENIED by my insurance yesterday while with my aunt (Macysgranny) was in the hospital after having her lap band surgery. I am just a mess about it, but I have to go to my doctor for 6 months to get weighted and my bp taken. I am very frustrated. As much as I hate it, you can take me off of the pretty calendar. Good luck all May bandsters!

Hi everyone! Day 3 since surgery (May 3rd) and doing great.:Banane43:

Boy, I feel lucky that I only had to do a liquid diet for a week before surgery. I was allowed pureed Soups, protien drink and sugar free low fat yogurt so it really wasnt bad! I did eat some lettuce and raw carrots when I just HAD to chew on something. Lost 4 lbs by surgery day.

I posted my surgery experience last night if anyone wants to go back and read it. Today I get to add v-8 juice, pureed Soup and low fat sugar free yogurt to my post op diet. :hungry: All are considered liquid....Had hunger today but a couple of oz of protien drink satisfied that. Ive been doing one 0Z of Water, or Protein drink or fat free pudding every 15 min while I am awake.

NVgirl - well . . . . losing 4.2 pounds is better then gaining 4.2 pounds. :Banane43: I can understand why you would be dissappointed though because it feels like such a sacrifice to give up the food but totally worth it if you lose lots of weight. Maybe you will drop all of the sudden when your body realizes that this is a battle that you are going to win this time no matter how stubborn any old set point is. You are almost there so don't give up because I know you will succeed!

Thank you for your kind words! You've made me smile!

Hi everyone! Well I'm finally banded. Surgery was Thursday morning and I got home from the hospital last night. The first day was pretty rough because the pain medicine made me nautious and gave me the dry heeves. I'm doing good now. It feels great to be back home. I'm on liquid diet until I go back to the doctor on may 11th.

nimble bean I am from nj.

mommalee - you make it look so simple! I hope all of us have it that easy!

Kathy - Struggling is an understatement. The Protein Shakes help but I'm already feeling like I'm drowning on liquids and it's only been two days. Everyone says the 3rd day is the turn-a-round day so hang in there. I haven't cheated yet but I sure have thought about it. I have to keep telling myself that I am giving my body what it needs with the Protein and vitamens and Water soooo anything else is just calories for my warped brain that got me here in the first place. The mental battle is the worst for me today.

Wenjea

You're doing great, hang in there. It is true that after the 3rd day it gets better (I am on Day 6). Don't get me wrong, I am hungry quite a bit and also tempted, but the strong desire to succeed is winning out! Better than Boullion is my salvation. I never thought I'd hear myself say that I look forward to having chicken broth. It is very good, thank goodness.

I've been out of town at my daugher's college since Thursday (she was in a dance show and it was awesome), so there have been quite a few pages to catch up on on this site.

Sounds like the first week of bandsters are doing great, good for you. I've been thinking and praying for you all. You must be so proud of yourselves to have made it to bandland!! Thanks so much for all of your updates, and so soon, too!

Good luck tomorrow everyone. I just know it will be great for you.

Cindy

Hi All. My name is Wendi and I'm scheduled for banding on the 17th! Whoo Hoo!! I am on my fourth day of liquids/protein and have lost 11 pounds so far. That is some mighty good inspiration to keep going for 12 more days if you ask me! :clap2: The ketosis breath is so gross though. Thank heaven for a few little pieces of sugar free hard candy every day. It's keeping me sane. I have a party tonight too. My plan is to take my own two drinks in Water bottles and stay away from the food. I'm also going to stay for just a short time. Hopefully, it will work. Happy Cino de mayo everyone!:Banane43:

I am getting so excited as I see all of the updates of the people that have already had their surgery! I am on day 4 of pre-op............it's okay now that I finally got the 2 day headache to go away. I have lost about 5lbs. so far. I did want to eat the kids earlier though. Ha Ha! Seriuosly, I never realized how much I was eating off of their plates. bread never looked so good. I told myself I was going to do this if it killed me. About 2pm of day three I thought I might actually die. Today I feel pretty good. Thanks for letting me vent.