Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

So, I've officially abandoned the 165 goal. I would probably be there if I weren't working out, but there's been some significant muscle mass gain over the past year.

So, my new goal is a 31" waist. We'll see how that plays out :)

Where there ever any theories offered (by doc or others) as to why the band suddenly tightens afer many months. I was at such a sweet spot since my last fill in November, then had to get a partial undfill a couple weeks ago after weeks of struggling to get anything down. That happened right at 1 year for me too...strange!?!

Sue

From what I understand once you get any type of inflamation (eating wring foods, too much PB, a night of doing shots with the boys), the swelling closes up the small opening you had. Once it gets too small if continues to irratate when you try to get food in you. Sometines the only way to alliviate the imflamation is to unfill until you heal. If you are lucky a few days of liquids will allow healing. I was perfectly filled and was very dissapointed when they had to unfill me in June. They just started to slowly refill me again but no weight loss in the past 10 weeks. (No gain either so grateful for that).

Any time anyone feels tight they should get on liquids ASAP and hopefully avoid the unfill/refill cycle. Good Luck.

I did try the liquids when it got suddenly tight, but still wouldn't loosen up. I have a scope on Wed, then I can start refilling after that. I don't think there is any chance of a slip or anything serious, I had a partial unfill (from 3.3 to 2.8) and instantly felt the difference...as in NO restriction at all. I'm really looking forward to getting a fill, I miss my tool, it's definitely harder without it...I'm SO glad I banded!

Sue

I get scoped on Tuesday. First time they ever done it. Were they able to fill you when U got scoped?

Hello all!!

Well... we figured out where the sudden tightness came from....

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

We are so happy! So far so good... feeling tired and a little sick when I dont eat on a regular schedule. My first Dr's appt is on 9/8!

Melissa...CONGRATS...that's great news, take care of that baby (yourself)

4RE4ME...

No I don't get "re-filled" until my follow-up appointment on the 8th. I can eat ANYTHING and lots of it! I can't wait until the 8th, I need me band back! I ate like a pig this weekend :rolleyes:

The good news is that even though I don't have the full results, the Doc's notes state that the band is in a good possition. After hearing all Manatee went through, that was my main concern.

Sue

Hello all!!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

We are so happy! So far so good... feeling tired and a little sick when I dont eat on a regular schedule. My first Dr's appt is on 9/8!

YEA!!!!! I am so happy for you. Congrats....take care of yourself.

Laura

Melissa,

Congrats!! What a nice surprise to be away for so long and one of the first things I read when I came back to catch up was that you are pregnant! I am so happy for you.

Cindy

Hello all!!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

Wow...congrats! Are you scared? I've been afraid if I get prego what happens to my port? I'M sure it just stretches with everything else, but I can't help but worry.

Well, first things first: Congrats Melissa!!

As for me, I've been stable in the 180s. I decided to kick it in, and so got a fill 2 days ago. Last night the reflux came on HARD, and the restriction is very definitely there. liquid times for a few days...

Well, first things first: Congrats Melissa!!

As for me, I've been stable in the 180s. I decided to kick it in, and so got a fill 2 days ago. Last night the reflux came on HARD, and the restriction is very definitely there. Liquid times for a few days...

Manatee, so sorry for the reflux AND the liquids, I find liquids are difficult during the summer due to the fact that it is just tooooo hot to do Soup, I hope you have a better time than I do...good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

Renee

Manatee.....be careful! Why do they keep filling you too full? Are they using fluoro? (sorry if this sounds judgmental. it's not meant that way)

After losing 122 lbs., I was on my first plateau for almost 2 months. I figured it was over, but I still have some tummy to get rid of. (I'm dying to be able to tuck a shirt into my jeans!) Anyway, last week I lost a pound and mentioned it at support group. The psychologist said, "Oh! You're over your plateau!". I replied, "Well, I was *that* day" and laughed. I thought if I lost again it would be another couple of months. They always say the last 20 can be really hard to lose. Soooo, short story long, I lost another pound! Maybe I really can get to goal!!!