Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I know that you are not supposed to eat sweets at all.. but, I think it's great that you (and I have as well) are able to eat a few bites, have the satisfaction, and not see too many consequences as a result. We are not dead... we just have to make good choices. You know exactly what you need... and you know to limit yourself. I'll bet anything that before you could have eaten the whole cake yourself. I know I have in the past bought something, and then eaten the whole thing so my husband wouldn't know. Now, I tell him, have a few bites, and deal with it. Good for you.

annielkd,

You are sooo right....in the past I would of sat down in front of the TV and had a slice...then it would of been so good I would of got up and had another slice and maybe some w/ dinner or hell even some with Breakfast. Well things have sure changed!!!

Well my DH went and found a cheese cake w/ different toppings!!! My favorite is caramel and chocolate on it. Twin Mommy....I can NOT do regualr cake...has to be cheese cake because it goes down like butter!!!!LOL!!! I had a very small serving...I'm talking like 3 small bites. I got it out of my system and it tasted soooooo good! I have always been a desert freak!!!!!! Well got on the scale I didnt loose but I didnt gain either so I am happy. The good thing is that the cheese cake was small so there isnt much left at home.

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g

Sandra.. you gotta hear about last nights dessert!!!

We went to my Dad's house for dinner.. and I was asked to bring the dessert... well, we went to a little diner type place up the street known for its desserts.... we got... ready for this???!!?!!!

Caramel apple walnut cheesecake!!!

OMG.. it was like apple pie on the bottom with the cheesecake on top... I knew it was one of my Dad's favorites...but I never tried it... well, last night I gave in and had a slice... wow... completely AWESOME!!! There was about 3/4 of it left... and I was good... I left it behind for my Dad to enjoy... hey.. he's a skinny thing.... he could use the extra lbs!! HAHA!!

now that my mouth is watering... I'm gonna go grab something "good for me".... thankfully my Dad lives about 30 minutes from me... or I'd be breaking down his door for another slice!!!

Non scale, but such a victory....

I was in the store today, and on a whim grabbed clothes that I KNEW would not fit. Too small, not a chance, just something to gauge how far I had to go.

And then they fit.

34" inch waist jeans, and a MEDIUM shirt. They fit, and looked perfectly normal.

I'm a dude, but I'll admit right here that I was close to tears in the fitting room. I haven't been this size in 20 years. I still have a ways to go, but I finally believe that I can pass for normal.

It's a good day.

Melissa,

OMG...that sounds sooooo good. I am so proud of you....a couple of bites and it was good and enough. Hmmm..moderation....who would of known??? LOL!!! I really dont feel deprived...I feel like I can take a bite of everything and be happy with it.

Manatee,.....WOW!! Thats all I can say WOW!!! You must feel great. A couple of days ago I was w/ my in-laws and we went out for dinner...well I was struggling w/ the menu.....everything w/ battered or fried or pasta!!! So I got Soup and salad....my father-n-law said. You dont need to eat salad....your gonna be invisible pretty soon if you dont start eating. Well at first I thought he was being sarcastic about me being a big girl so my feeling were a little hurt....then my DH said you are starting to disapear. First time I feel like a normal person....not fat, not big, just normal healthy person. Great feeling!!!!

Way to go Manatee!

Okay, I can not just have a taste. I may have a smaller piece than the old days, but not just a bite. I have been thinking of food all the time for about a week now...............I will call in the morning to get an appt for a fill. I don't like my life revolving around food all of the sudden.

O.k.

I suck....I went out and bought a cheese cake last night. I honestly didn't remember reading about it hear yesterday...but I guess subconsiously it stuck in my brain. I went and bought a small cheese cake..brought it home had about a forth of it and the rest is sitting in the refridgerator. Well, at least in the old days I would have eaten half of it or more (it's one of those six in circle size cheezecakes). So I won't stress about it. I started feeling sick yesterday and I think I needed some comfort food. Feel like cr_p this morning...like a cold. I have to wgh in on Friday and I'm afraid I havnt' done good this month. Hope I at least didn't gain. But, I feel good about my size. I am wearing my 14's and they are not tight at all. I am still wearing large to xtra large tops..but they are from the Jr dept.. and I have broad shoulders and a large...bust...is it o.k to say bust? I may be wearing at least a large for the rest of my life.

Let's all try and get off our cheese cake bindge...let's do it together.

Love y'all,

Weazer

NSV

I was walking down the hall just now to get some hot peppermint tea and I walked past this nurse I don't see very often...and she turned around and yelled skinny minny!

How cool is that. I feel like a fat blob this morning...but someone called me skinny minny! I needed that!

Weazer

NSV

I was walking down the hall just now to get some hot peppermint tea and I walked past this nurse I don't see very often...and she turned around and yelled skinny minny!

How cool is that. I feel like a fat blob this morning...but someone called me skinny minny! I needed that!

Weazer

I bet you felt soooo proud! What a great feeling, huh? I bought a a pair of size 14 jeans and they fit! I was happy--they weren't tight, they didn't give me muffin top--I am just so happy to feel like I can start shopping again! It'll be a great day for me when I can cut up, cancel and throw away my LB card! :tongue:

Amy

Where is everyone??? Thats unusual for us not to post something! Well I have nothing exciting to report except I got on the scale this morning and I was 179!!! What the heck is that all about....yesterday 174 today 179!!! Is the two bites of cheese cake I had on Sunday just kicking in or what! Well I am totally annoyed.....and I checked the scale 3 times!!! I have been good...despite my Sunday Cheesecake attack. Let me re-think this.....

water....check

excersize....check

protein....check

no junk food...check

small portions....check

Well maybe its a sign of good things to come......hey I am trying to be positive here. I DONT LIKE IT WHEN THE SCALE MOVES IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!! My pants were even tight this morning so I had to change into a more foregiving shirt!!! UGGGGGGGG!!! AAARRRRR....ok so I am not a pirate but you guys get the picture .....I am not happy!

Sandra

Looks like I'm finally past the worst on this fill. The reflux has gone away and I was able to eat a solid breakfast. Woot!

Guess who is in ONDERLAND for the first time in ten years?????? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! 199.5 I never thought I would see those numbers again. Now the only numbers I won't see again are the 200s. Oh Happy Day!

I see I hit 75.1 lbs. lost also!!!! Yeah Me!

That will make the day good, even though I am home with my three year old that has the flu for the sixth day in a row. The Doc said that by the weekend we should be getting better...........