Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Manatee... I just saw a sign yesterday for girl scout cookies! Just gotta set limits... rather than eating the whole box in one sitting (pre band)... lets say... 1 cookie per day... ONLY if there is no other "cheating"... AND we have gotten ALL our Water in!!!

The joys of the band.....I tried yesterday eating them like I did the days of old. Rather than sucking down a sleeve in 10 minutes, I vomited them all up on the 4th cookie. Urgh.

Well, that's certainly one way to cure an addiction :biggrin:

The joys of the band.....I tried yesterday eating them like I did the days of old. Rather than sucking down a sleeve in 10 minutes, I vomited them all up on the 4th cookie. Urgh.

Well, that's certainly one way to cure an addiction :)

I have found that my band has ruined quite a few addictions for me like that. You just don't look at certain foods the same way after you have spent 30 minutes slimming them up. Oh Well! I would much rather have the life I have now. It is true what they say "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" I am by no means "thin" yet. But I still get it!

Today I broke the 182 barrier.

For me, that's an important number. Officially I'm only down 90lbs from the consult and 80 from surgery, but I happen to remember the scale the day I decided to look into this thing. That was in March 07, and I weighed 282 lbs that day. I recall looking at the scale and realizing that I had almost topped it out, and realizing that I WOULD top it out soon if I didn't get control of my eating.

So this isn't officially a hundred lbs on the ticker, but it sure feels like it to me :)

That is AWESOME! Congrats! I am so proud of you! You must be loving life!

I was soooo happy this morning. We got home from our cruise last night...9 days SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! I took it real easy durring the day, band is tight then and really helped me keep the intake down. but...I ate myself silly in the evenings. There were 16 of us and we had dinner together everynight, and I TOTALLY enjoyed myself for dinner, had 2 Desserts most nights.

I figured I had gained at least 5#'s. I weighed this AM and I gained less than 2#'s. It has totally renewed my faith that I can loose this wieght and keep it off. If I can eat like I did this week and not gain a bunch of wieght, then I can see that some day I will reach my goal and be able to maintain with a "normal" diet...THIS WILL WORK!!!

Sue

Manatee,

OMG.....Congrats! You have reached 100 lbs lost! Your ROCK BABY!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/175c/165g?

A lot of family and friends have noticed that I eat different and thats why I am loosing weight. I choose not to tell my husbands family and a couple of friends because they would be very critical and a pain in the A$$ to deal with. Well some have noticed that I eat different than before and thats why I have lost weight......wich is fine w/ me. If I happen to be somewhere where I cant touch the food for fear of PB'ing or slimming I WONT touch it and be polite about it of course. Well yesterday was that situation and I swear everyone there was trying to force feed me!!!!! They made the ugliest coments to me....like "what you think you are too good to eat now" or "your not going to gain if you eat". Anywayz I had to sit an hold a plate of food I could not eat for a while!!!!!!

Sandra

Hey all, I have been reading about all you guys with similarities that I am also going through. (Sliming and PB'ing) But sometimes I feel like I can eat A LOT also. I have been wondering if I need another fill...the last one I had was the 1st of November. My scale hasn't moved in over a month. I am confused about what to do.

I am trying to choose good food choices, but sometimes they are pretty hard to get down. Then if I happen to PB I go to something a little soft and I'm hungry again after about an hour or two. Hopefully someone can whip me into shape about what I need to do. :lol: Thanks for any input.

Dawn

I broke 180 today. 15 lbs or so to go.

I might revise downwards when I get there -- my real goal is to be concave :biggrin: I'm thinking that's going to require another 4 inches off the waist.

Great Job Manatee! I can't imagine being 180. You must feel like a new you! How has your skin rebounded? I am hitting the gym hard. The muscles are getting tight under the extra skin, I am just wondering what kind of hope I have after the next 30 comes off.

HELLO Everyone!!!!

I sure do miss this place when I can't check in and post. Had to out of town on business and no way to check email etc. Everyone seems to be doing well. I am just taking it one day at a time. I need to be better about exercising, gettin in my Water most days. Hot tea (de caff) in the evenings now seems to be my favorite thing. Helps to get the fluids in and helps to stop the TV munchies (if you know what I mean).

NSV - went shopping for some new pants yesterday. I bought a size ----drum roll please ------------ "8".......... I know I could not believe it, I asked the sales lady if maybe they were sized wrong. She said No. They are a little tight, didnt care, put them on when I got home and just strutted around the house. I sure can be silly sometimes.

Sandra - you are doing so GREAT. My family and friends do not know about me having the band, and they have noticed that I eat diffrently also. They try to push food at me, they just don't understand...... I have not room for it, and if I force it in, they will get it back (in a way they might not like) LOL

Take care all

Laura

HELLO Everyone!!!!

I sure do miss this place when I can't check in and post. Had to out of town on business and no way to check email etc. Everyone seems to be doing well. I am just taking it one day at a time. I need to be better about exercising, gettin in my Water most days. Hot tea (de caff) in the evenings now seems to be my favorite thing. Helps to get the fluids in and helps to stop the TV munchies (if you know what I mean).

NSV - went shopping for some new pants yesterday. I bought a size ----drum roll please ------------ "8".......... I know I could not believe it, I asked the sales lady if maybe they were sized wrong. She said No. They are a little tight, didnt care, put them on when I got home and just strutted around the house. I sure can be silly sometimes.

Sandra - you are doing so GREAT. My family and friends do not know about me having the band, and they have noticed that I eat diffrently also. They try to push food at me, they just don't understand...... I have not room for it, and if I force it in, they will get it back (in a way they might not like) LOL

Take care all

Laura

Laura, congrats on the size 8! Wow! That is so wonderful for you....I pray I have to ask a sales person someday that same question..:frown: When I do I will think of you!

Well I have so much to report. I havent been on like I usually am for about 100 reasons. Well first the weight is just creeping off...I am down another pound....so as on this moring 174. I still feel big though! I would of that I would feel better at 174. Hard to explain!

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g?

Hi, everyone. I was banded in May along with you all, started posting initially but haven't for months. I guess I"m a little embarassed at how slow my weight is coming off compared to everyone else. I've been stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks now and I def. know I need a fill! I have an appointment scheduled 2/5 and I'm hoping to get back on track. I am def. hungry more often than before. I bought a bodybugg to help me stay on track and see what kind of calories I"m burning as opposed to consuming all of the time. So anyway, I wanted to say hi and I'm hoping to be posting more and learning from all you great losers! LOL!

Amy

Dawn...

I tried to post a responce several days ago...but my computer chose that moment to go on the fritz. Sounds like you have pretty good resriction, have you tried drinking hot Water before you eat? I find the good stuff (protien & vegetables) go down easier if I drink hot water to open the band first. I find if I do this and get the good stuff down then I don't crave the bad stuff that slides down so easily. This seems to be working for me, I feel so much better if I get a good tummy full at meals, keeps me from nibbling.

Manatee...

Congrats on the 180! It's so exciting to have goal weights in reach!

Laura...

WOW...size 8. I dream of a loose 12 (I'm at 14 now) I think I would have to see the plastic surgeon about the saddlebags in order to get into an 8. Who knows...maybe some day (I never thought I could even dream about anything less than a 14) :rolleyes2:

I'm totally with you on the hot tea! Tastes so good and keeps me warm (all that insulation loss sure leaves ya cold!) I love to sip my tea, I'e even been known to slip a water bottle into the microwave before get in the car, keeps me warm and I get more water in.

Sue