Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Morning all!

I got into a shirt that I have never been able to wear. Fits perfect! yippi!

Cindy! - Happy New Year! I'm back on track with my eating after too much over Christmas...what about you. Not exercising but am drinking the Water thanks to the promptings by Sandra!

Sue11 - See there! 9 pds! Hey small goals are o.k. Just as long as we loose each month and not gain!

Sandra - The good thing is that you are not gaining back your original wght - see what a blessing this band is. You really got knocked back to peg one. But, your wght didn't go back there...so chin up...by May, I'll bet your at goal!

Melissa - I am sorry about the meltdown's, been there. I am praying for you to start feeling better. Your picture with your daughter is adorable!

Manatee - have fun on your vacation. You seem to have a great exercise ethic. Yup..goal in 08! Yoohoo!

Metalband - You didn't get on the scale did you! No way I will till the 1rst...want all the grazing fat to have melted off..aarrggghh!

You deserve the compliments...you have come along way!

Blessings and Happy New Year my friends!

Weazer

I have had anxiety problems in the past. I have not had meds but I see where I may need them now. It would be very helpful to me if you could let me know if/and how you do with or with out them. I am having a hard time dealing with things since the band. So it would be wonderful to have someone else who understands.

Mini...you are always so kind!

Melissa and Mandy...this is a bad time of the year for meltdowns, I know it does not help, but you are not alone. Happy times are coming!

Mini- isnt it a great feeling to get into something you've bought in the past saying "someday I'll wear this"..... I've done it many times...and its a great feeling when it finally happens... just wait until that shirt gets too big!!!

MandyJo- I was diagnosed bipolar about 5 years ago.. I've been on so many meds I've lost count.. and the side effects... wow.. sometimes I'd rather be depressed!!! I gained 60 lbs in 2 months, lost most of my hair (more so than with weight loss), my hands shook something awful... so with help and support from my Dr, we got down to just taking Wellbutrin with the understanding that if my moods get unstable I will take my other meds along with it. But after getting the band I was so sick of meds..and tired of having to crush them all.... and the taste of a crushed pill... ugh! Anyhow.... I do suggest talking to your Dr about how you've been feeling... just keep in mind.. no one med works for all... it may take a while before finding the right one!

Thanks for the kind words ladies... I'm on day 2 of Wellbutrin... usually by day 3 I start feeling a difference.....

Mini....you are AWESOME!!!!

Melissa...I am sorry you are going through a hard time...I will keep you in my prayers.

Mandy....prayers are coming your way.

Metalband.....You still rock at the excersize and I am sure you will get back on track...the holidays are always hard.

I went in for a fill today!!! I am a bit concerned!!! New nurse and I tried telling her how 2 cc was too much for me and that I got real sick and was not able to drink. On the front of my chart it says 2cc too much. Well she put 3 cc in and I was totally confused...she gave me Water to sip and I was having that after burp after each sip so I told her is was too tight. She took some out and and then took the needle out!!! I am filled at 2.2 cc. I am terrified that I am going to get that delayed restriction on Sunday and be miserable!! So far just Soups and liquids. I dont want to start throwing up and irritate my stomach and not be able to get anything down like last time. Someone please say a prayer for me. I already have this weird feeling in my throat!!!!! Maybe this will get me back on track!!!!! She did say that 2 cc now may be different now than before. I was right...now weight loss for 2 months...still at 182!!! I know its still better than 255 8 months ago!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/182c/165g

NSV....my MIL bought me a shirt for XMAS.....no X anything....just a Large. When I looked at it I thought it looked way to small for me but thought I would be able to wear it in a couple of months. I was very flattered that someone thinks I am not a XL anymore. Well went home tried it on and it fits perfect!!!! My MIL called the next day to see if we liked are gifts and to see if my shirt fit and its a blouse so no strechy stuff in it...no squeezing in it....if it doesnt fit....it doesnt fit!!! I told her yes and that I loved and she said....I thought it might be tooooo big for you I almost got you the Medium. Image that....a medium!!! That is the nicest thing she has ever said to me!!!!!!

Sandra

Sandra...

Sounds like a good idea to take it slow for a couple of days. The good news is you know what too tight feels like. If you think your too tight after a few days then you insist that they take some out. You are in charge. Tightening the band is not always the answer for a plateau. I usually find it means I need to change things up, and often that means more food to get my body out of starvation mode.

Stick to your guns and do what you know is right for you.

Congrats of the new clothes. I'm so amazed when I try new stuff on, or even folding my laundry...I keep confusing my clothes with my daughter's clothes...I can't believe I can wear that size!!! The X's are gone forever!!!

Sue

Sandra....you need to pay attention again, we do not want you sick like before!!! That nurse sounds like she had too much eggnog!!LOL Keep us posted.

Also, thanks for the encouragement! I need to start back on the exercise....I have been a slacker!

Aren't those larges without the X the best feeling!!! WE are all doing such a great job!

Mini and Sue.....great NSV's!

Mellisa....I hope you are feeling better today :rolleyes:

Metal-

I wish I could say things were going better but they are not. My husband and I got into a huge fight last night...and what does he say to me?? To "snap out of it..and get over it"... I would never say that about his PTSD or tell him to get over everything he saw in Iraq. Needless to say I didnt sleep well..and I was in a slump all day today at work.

I need advise.. I found out last night that my 12 year old daughter was thinking of having sex!!! I freaked out and told her that she is not to see her boyfriend anymore. Did I over react??? I think she's been growing up way too fast... and I told her it needs to slow down. What do I do?!?!?!

Sue---thank you!!!

Metal band--- thank you!!!

Melissa!!! I am sooo sorry you are having a hard time. Men are not good with our emotions. Try not to be so hard on him.....just take a deep breath. I know he is not being very sensitive but men are usually not good at that. As far as your daughter.....have a good heart to heart with her. It seems like you guys have a good relationship, but if you forbid her to do something...that brings the rebel in anyone and you tend to do what you were told not to. Talk to her, spend time with her....I know you want to be strict...but it also can ruin your relationship. Does she have anyone else to talk to about sex?? A aunt or older sister figure.....remember that she is at that hard stage in her life....not a little girl but not a women stage. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Sandra

Thank you Sandra..

I've talked with her a bit more about it...and told her once things calm down a bit we will re-evaluate the situation and go from there.

I'm starting to feel better... meds are working... Husband is still getting on my nerves but at least now I can tolerate him!

NSV!! NSV!! NSV!!

This morning I got out of the shower...and could fit the entire shower towel (regular size) around me!!! I called my husband in to see... he didnt seem nearly as thrilled with it as I was.. oh well....

We're off to Dave and Busters with the kids... Everyone have a great Sunday!

Mellisa,

First I am glad you are feeling better. Your husband means well but he is a guy and does not know how to fix your situation. In my experience....they feel like they need to fix things and when they can't, they say something stupid and makes matters worse. You gotta love them!

As for your daughter, I would have over reacted too! I am glad you are going to talk because it sounds like you have a good relationship with her, especially that she told you! You never want her to lose confidence in you. I have not gotten to that point yet but I would want my daughter to tell me (even if it is something I do not want to hear). You are very lucky to have that kind of communication and open-ness with her especially going into the teenage years. You are going to have to just try to guide her from here. I am sure you want to lock her up for the next 10 years like I do!!! LOL

Good Luck!

Metal

Just got off the phone with my friend (the one who's daughter committed suicide in Oct)... its as if she can sense when things arent quite right with me. She said she just had a bit of a meltdown also, called another friend of hers..cried it out and felt better...turned on the TV to see that the movie Overboard was coming on (BIG joke between her and I... she looks exactly like Goldie Hawn..and in passings by at work I used to always sing songs from that movie to her)... she said thats when she knew she had to call me.

We chatted a bit, I told her everything that has been going on..that I started meds again and was feeling better...she made me promise to call her the second I start to feel down again.

It was very comforting to talk with her.. I really am feeling alot better... thanks for all the kind words these past few days!!

another meltdown tonight... Just cant shake it this time...I found my wellbutrin... Gonna go back on it.

I quit taking Wellbutrin when I was banded as I was afraid to take the pill, but I really miss it...especially this time ofyear. Do you take the XL extended release tab? Have you ever had any issues getting the pill down?