Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I got a really sweet e-mail from my father in law tonight. I hadnt told him about my surgery because I wasnt really sure how he would feel about it and so was going to wait till it was over. My dh told him on the phone Sunday I guess because e-mailed me wishing me luck and asking to keep him informed. It really made my night to get this e-mail.

Good luck to all of you going in tomorrow!! Nimblebean you rock! Thanks for keeping up the calander and let us know how it goes!

2 more days for those of us on the 23rd (well I guess 2 more sleeps is more accurate)! Can you believe we are really doing this!!!!!

Wen - nice to hear from you. I am very jealous of you getting tomatoe Soup and cottage cheese. All I get is clear SF until friday and then i get to add back Protein Shakes. Yippee!

It went down pretty well. I tried yogurt this afternoon, and that was a little harder..could only do about an ounce. You will feel so much better when you can get some Protein and vitamins! Not too long now. Hang in there! I'll be thinking about you.

I know that the pain will be different for everyone, but can someone give me an ideal on a scale of 1-10 you know probably how the hospital had you rate pain, how bad is the pain.

Hi, I'd say a 5 at the worst. I didn't feel like I needed to fill my pain med prescription the day after. The shoulder pain may have gotten up to a 7 a couple of times, but you can relieve it finding a comfortable position and not moving, so it's not like you can't get a break from it. The gas was bad at times, but I walked and walked and then I walked some more, and that has helped so much. Overall, I'd say its been much less painful and much less traumatic than I expected it to be.

Best of luck to everyone going in tomorrow! My thoughts will be with you.

NimbleBean, GinaKirwan, munchkin, ljuht115 and jsrico good luck tomorrow and see you on the bandside!

Okay May 19th Bandmates... did your shoulders KILL you today? Mine were unbearable. My DH travels and I have to call in reinforcements to get them bathed and to bed. I couldn't handle it any more.

Please.. those that are ahead of us, please tell me Day 6 is better!!!

Did anyone else have glue to close your incisions? I did. I have 4 incisions, including my port scar. I have only had one incision lose the glue. I will be 2 weeks out tomorrow. I wash them carefully with soap when in the shower, but they only seem to be getting sticky & tacky, not drying up and falling off- like I expected. Just wondering if anyone else had glue and how long it took for it to fall off. They are starting to itch and driving me nuts!

I also have glue... with small strips of tape covering them... the nurse said to just let them fall off on their own (I've lost 1 so far).. but if after 10 days they do not come of... to gently pull them off.

I got the itch thing going now. Today I had my first hiccup. It wasn't painful but it sure felt weird. I have six incisions on my tummy. I'm wondering if I got an extra one because of the hernia repair. My skin is getting dry even though I drinking lots of Water . . . whats up with that?

I have steri strips on my icisions and a couple of them have the littlest bit of red on one end. Someone on here said they put on more strips when theirs fell off and they have hardly any scarring at all. I would think you need to keep them closed tight if the clue falls out so the scarring is thinner.

Hello everyone - I have been busy de-hairing my bedroom, with two big dogs and a cat I didn't want to come home on Wed am to a room full of hair! I am packed and ready to go. I am nervous and excited.

I want to wish everyone luck tomorrow on their bandings as well!! I will be offline for a few days but will make sure and catch up with all your posts when I get home.

To today's bandsters - I really hope all went well, I will be watching your posts closely as well!

Take care everyone...

Anyone with surgery tomorrow have their stomach in knots?? I am a nervous wreck and have been sick since yesterday. I am ready for this to be OVER (or rather ready to BEGIN my new life :eek:)!!

I fly to Cyprus tomorrow for my surgery on Saturday. I will be offline until I return next week. Good luck to everyone that is being banded this week and next.

My band and I will be back online next Thursday.

Jane x

Hey ragdoll! Actually, I am feeling better this morning than I have felt in the last couple of days. I've been so ANTSY, but I think now I know it's finally here (T-minus approximately 24 hours....right?) I am starting to kindof mellow and go into a "zone". I'll be busy today getting in my last day at work, getting the dogs to the kennel, packing for Mom's. And....are you ready for this...I STILL don't have a "before" picture! Gotta get that today! Tried last night, but the camera ran out of juice so it's charging up. I've got too much to do to be tied in knots. And I know myself...once I get to my Mom's tonight it will be like a sleeping pill. When I have a HUGE day ahead of me it's like somebody hits me in the head with a rock.....all I want to do is lay down and sleep. (I used to do this in college during finals.....which was not a good thing...I slept and slept and slept). I gotta go get ready for work, so I'll see you 23rd-ers on the flip side!!!! Not long now! My refrigerator is STUFFED with Protein Drinks, liquids, pudding, jello......super overkill I think.

kacee- i have a whole fridge full of protien drinks and yogurt ect too. Some of it has been there two weeks! i am glad you are able to relax and keep busy today, i am so jealous of you! i cant seem to concentrate on anything at work so i know it is going to be a long day. luckily i woke up as dh was leaving for work so i should be really tired by the time i get home. good luck! I am just hoping to spend more time at my desk than in the bathroom today.