Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Shar, I'm sorry you've been feeling down. I had my surgery on May 8th also and haven't bounced back the way I'd hoped to. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I've noticed that every day I truly do feel better.

I hope you are both feeling better soon. I seem to be feeling pretty good, but soooo tired - this morning I took a three hour nap - about 2 hours after I got up!

I am less than 12 hours away from my surgery. And I really don't know how I feel right now. Just ready for it to be over with. I won't be home until sometime on Tuesday afternoon. My husband took the week off from work to take care of me. But I will let everyone know how I am doing.

I am so glad to hear someone else say this...I thought I was getting hungry too soon after surgery. I was banded the same day as you and I'll tell you, today has been rough as I have been hungry all day. My husband made pizza for himself and my daughter for dinner and I almost cried! I had to go upstairs as I couldn't stand to be around them watching them eat it. How silly is that? I'm so tired of liquids and I have a whole week more of it. I can't start mushies until 5/28 (can't wait!!):hungry:

Hey folks, glad to hear I'm not the only hungry one. Had surgery Wednesday and did fine until today. I've been so hungry all day! I hope this doesn't continue till I'm on mushies, I'll be ready to climb walls!

Yesterday was my worst day, not for pain, but for discomfort. Today I woke up and my stomach seemed to be a lot less swollen and I didn't hurt so much. So while I don't have any energy (taking a shower totally wipes me out!) at least I don't have as much discomfort. I've been taking the pain meds at night, but I don't think they give me a really rested sleep. I'm not going to take them tonight and see if I sleep better. I've also been very weepy today over nothing, so I guess I'm just reacting to the surgery and stresses of making a life-changing decision. At any rate, I see the doctor Thursday, so I'll be anxious to hear what he has to say. I haven't weighed myself, I'll wait till Thursday hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

Hi Nimblebean -

I am actually all the way across the country in Seattle! You must be tired it is almost 11:00 - 12:00 right now for you. i just found a box and threw all the paperwork around the house into it to clean up the clutter. I vaccuumed the downstairs which takes a good 1/2 (two big dogs, golden and a malamute) that keep me busy. My hubby is going to take care of me, alothough I do have to admit he is not the best nurse in the world, so he will have a lot on his hands. Maybe I'll find a buzzer or something for him =-) He definitely has no interest in watching all the chick flicks I have in the netflix queue..

Trust me bandmate - you will be ready for the anesthesia... I think it will really hit me tomorrow night as I pack as yes I am required to stay the night as well. I am to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am but have no idea when the surgery will be as all the patients arrive at the same time, I just hope I am not last and have to wait hours and hours to get it done.

I am a self pay as insurance would not cover me and am pumped up to do all the right things afterwards to make the healing process as smooth as possible and ease back into regular "life". I definitely look forward to keeping in touch with you for a while to compare notes and for support. (boy was it hard not to pick even a little piece of chicken off the baking pan tonight.)

Take care and I am sure we will talk tomorrow!!!! Get some rest!

To all of my fellow bandmates tomorrow and the rest of this week: Good luck, you are all in my heart and prayers.

12 hours to go. I didn't think I would be this nervous, but I am. Hopefully, the time will go by soon because I am jumping out of my skin.

My doctor prescribed antibiotics to be taken the day before surgery. I have been sick all day! The bottle clearly says "take with food", but what are you supposed to do when you are on a liquid diet? Suffer, I suppose. The nerves aren't helping, either.

I will (most likely) be staying overnight, so I will check in with you all Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you all for your support and encouragement during this highly emotional time. See you on the band side! I'm excited to join the team of a-MAY-zing bandsters!

Tomorrow is a new day! I'm going to see how long I can stay vertical before I collapse into bed. My port side is the only one that hurts a lot but tonight I am feeling a little warm in the face. hopefully I am not running a temperature. My throat is still sore and feels like something is stuck in it. I gotta wonder if they hurt it with the breathing tube.

Goodluck tomorrow all you Monday banders . . . . and there is a bunch of you!

I am less than 12 hours away from my surgery. And I really don't know how I feel right now. Just ready for it to be over with. I won't be home until sometime on Tuesday afternoon. My husband took the week off from work to take care of me. But I will let everyone know how I am doing.

Just another Metro KC'er wishing you luck!

6 hours to go until surgery. I can't sleep at all! Thank goodness I have a fairly early time, because I'm half excited and half scared to death.

Hi everyone!

I am leaving for Mexico today... surgery tomorrow! Please send me and Dr. De La Garza some good thoughts! I'll let ya know how it goes when I get back! Good luck everyone!!!!

Gina Kirwan:omg:

Well, I did all my "nesting" this weekend. I got all but one load of laundry done and my car washed. I am ready to get this done! I am probably going to stay over night due to insurance reasons and am having problems finding the list I saw on this site somewhere with what people took to the hospital. I know generally all I will need is a good Harry Potter book to read when I am not sleeping but would feel better if I could read that list again!

I have to tell you if I hadnt been able to read all of the updates from those of you who have gone before me I would be a lot more stressed about surgery coming so quickly! My biggest fear right now is that something freakish happens and I die in surgery. This is so stupid to think this way but my past surgeries have been in emergency situations and never voluntary. I just cant imagine something happening and my kids not having a mother because she was tired of being obese. Sorry I am a bit emotional right now (TOM sucks!!).

Best wishes and prayers for those of you going in today for surgery! I will be awaiting your updates!!!

WOW, we have quite a list for today's surgeries. Good luck to each one of you! Come back and let us know how things went.

Thursday,17th, bandmates - How are you all doing?

Hi Wenjea,

I'm doing pretty good. Like you, I can't really tolerate pain meds, so I've only done Tylenol. And, I haven't had much of that because the liquid stuff makes me gag and the pills fell terrible going down. I'm doing a lot of deep breathing and finding a comfortable position and refusing to move. :) Other than the pain in my shoulder, which has been terrible, I haven't had anything too bad. No throat sensations at all really. I'm starting on full liquids today (I will never eat broth or Jello again!), which will be a treat. Going to have some Tomato Soup in the blender with cottage cheese for dinner tonight. I'm really looking forward to that! I've been walking a lot. Around the block about 3 times a day. The gas is passing (literally). :) I think I'll live!

Wen

Okay, I'm frustrated and wondering what's going on. I started mushies on Thursday and haven't lost any weight since Friday morning! What the heck is going on? This is what I had yesterday: Advantage shake for Breakfast, small container of applesauce for lunch, and 1/4 tilapia fillet and 3 small bites of potatoes for dinner. That's very typical for me. How can I eat like that and not lose weight? Is it that I'm just slowing down now? To top it off, I took the kids to Sea World on Saturday, so I got TONS of walking in!

Well, I did all my "nesting" this weekend. I got all but one load of laundry done and my car washed. I am ready to get this done! I am probably going to stay over night due to insurance reasons and am having problems finding the list I saw on this site somewhere with what people took to the hospital. I know generally all I will need is a good Harry Potter book to read when I am not sleeping but would feel better if I could read that list again!

I have to tell you if I hadnt been able to read all of the updates from those of you who have gone before me I would be a lot more stressed about surgery coming so quickly! My biggest fear right now is that something freakish happens and I die in surgery. This is so stupid to think this way but my past surgeries have been in emergency situations and never voluntary. I just cant imagine something happening and my kids not having a mother because she was tired of being obese. Sorry I am a bit emotional right now (TOM sucks!!).

Best wishes and prayers for those of you going in today for surgery! I will be awaiting your updates!!!

Hi ragdoll - I think I've read somewhere on here before that you have BCBS Fed don't you? If so, so do I. I did not have to stay over night when I was banded on May 10th.

Good luck to you - remember to walk. I was out shopping the next day :)