Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers.... Check in!

I was sleeved on Feb. 3rd and was just wondering how everyone else was doing?

How far out are you?

What food stage are you in?

How are you tolerating food and liquids?

Any complaints?

Have you been able to start exercise?

Any NSV yet?

How are family and friends reacting to the new you?

I'm just curious and really hope everyone is doing well!

Feb 6

I can eat anything my sleeve is comfy with. I've had no issues with anything so far. No complaints. Clothes are getting loose. Family and friends super proud of me.

-21 lbs since surgery

-46 total

Feb 11 surgery

My sleeve can handle most foods. I drank fruit punch but it was so sweet that I threw up. Other than that I try new things here and there and it's going good. I focus most of my good on Protein of course.

I have done walking but no major exercise. I feel good but I am tired most days because of carrying this extra weight still on low calories.

No caffeine is hard so if anyone has any help with that let me know.

My clothes are loose and I can wear some stuff that used to be too tight.

Making time for all of the Vitamins has been a bit tricky.

20 pounds since surgery

30 pounds total

Sleeved 2/21 still on full liquids and an occasional puréed. Have had some vomiting issues but other than that okay! Not cleared for anything but walking still. Have lost 17 since surgery and 43 total. Could be more but I only weigh on Friday mornings! For some reason that's always the day I weigh the least lol

Great to hear! Keep up the good work!

I am 5 1/2 weeks out and am on soft foods. So far everything I have eaten has gone done well, so I am excited about that! I have been walking and just starting doing some squats and arm circles every day this week, nothing major but hoping to work my way up to more intense exercise in the next few weeks. My only complaint is the infrequent BM's (sorry tmi) but I think they cause my weight loss to stall and make me feel uncomfortable. I think I am going to try some Gummy benefiber. As for NSV, my wedding ring fits again!!! Woohoo, I have not been able to wear it for at least 5 years and my clothes are big, I needed a belt with my work pants, which I haven't needed in forever and when I did but it on, I needed the last hole, so that was great! Friends and family are super supportive and happy for me, co workers are starting to notice my weight loss too.

20lbs since surgery

30lbs total

Also wanted to ask what is your go to meal/snack right now?

Mine is iced Decaf coffee with a scoop of vanilla powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protien powder, very good!

I am doing OK ... hit a stall big time. Was losing about 1 pound per day at first then completely flattened out when I finally got some regular food. I have been very good at measuring and following Dr's orders but it simply defies logic that I could eat 700 calories in a day and not lose weight. Going on 9 days and the scale has not budged. So ... I hit that commonly referred to 3 WEEK stall. Hopefully power through it soon. I have had great energy level and exercise is becoming easier. It is great not having a nagging hunger to sabotage you during the day and night. I must say i still have quite a bit of discomfort when eating. Dr. was not concerned but it makes me very cautious about eating. My tastes and my preferences are completely different. I used to love spicy food ... terrifies me now. Used to love steak ... looks like real labor to me now. Used to love shrimp ... one got stuck at the top of my sleeve and I really dont want to even try again. so far ... fish and a low sodium chicken sausage has been going down well for me for Protein. Everything else is really rough on my sleeve.

SW - 290

Pre OP W - 276

Current W - 249

Hi everyone. I am new to this website, but I'm so glad to have found one that I could register on without problems. I had my vertical sleeve surgery on 02-13-14. I am doing good. I haven't weighed this week but I feel like I look like I haven't lost much this week. Nothing tastes the same as before surgery. I am trying to stick close to the diet they gave me. I am excited to get an elliptical machine or some sort of exercise equipment to help speed up my weight loss! I am looking for a used one since I am on a low, low budget! I'm looking forward to conversing with my fellow February sleevers! \Have a good day! cja76

Hi Everyone!

I was sleeved on 2/4. Lost 40 lbs so far. I've been doing really well. No more pain. I had longer lasting pain due to a hematoma. I was sick last week with a respitory infection and was coughing so bad I hurt myself. It felt like I ripped my stomach open. I went the ER and they kept me overnight to do a CAT scan. Everything was fine. Some inflamation, and I was released the next day. No pain 2 days following that ordeal. I also feel like I'm slowing up. I'm eating regular food now and am very compliant. I starting doing couch to 5k this week and it's going well. I also walk 5 flights of stairs in my work parking lot which i couldn't do before. I'm purposly parking in the top level. Yey!

Hi all!

Feb 19th sleever here! Best thing I have ever done!

I'm currently on soft protiens and am doing well with most foods I have had but have had a handful of ugly incidents after eating either just a bite too much or a tad too quickly. Puking post-sleeve is just WEIRD, amirite?

Looking forward to getting more solid foods in down the line, but with small meals filling me up so well, I'm very satisfied with what I do have. Soups are still my favorite meals-- so many options!

Pre-op weight (Jan 10): 377
Day of Surgery (Feb 19): 339
Today (Mar 13): 310

I am so proud of all of you for taking the big step. We're taking our lives back, people! Do you realize just how COOL that is!

Much love,
~Truck

I was sleeved on Feb. 7.

I can eat anything that I can tolerate, except tough meat like steak or pork chops. I focus on dense Proteins, with low carbs. I'm tolerating everything very well.

I struggle to remember all the Vitamins and Calcium.

My husband is excited. He's even lost around 12 lbs since my surgery, just by changing the way he eats.

It's time for new clothes! I fit in some of the smaller stuff hiding in my closet, which is AWESOME!

My weight:

279 lb when I started the process last August.

265 lb at my pre-op visit.

259 lb day of surgery

239 lb today at 5 weeks out.

20 lb since surgery, 40 lbs since I started the process!

I was February 19. So it was 3 weeks out yesterday.

I'm in the soft food stage. So soft fish, shrimp, tuna, canned chicken, lunch meat, etc. I have yet to find a food on my list that disagrees with my new tummy. With this stage I'm finally able to get my Proteins in. I'm also obsessed with minute maid light lemonade. Since I bought it, I've been able to get my fluids in finally as well.

Only complaint is the biggest incision on my left side still hurts. A lot. Like, I still take pain meds for it often. I've asked my doc if it's normal, and apparently it is, unfortunately.

Haven't started exercising yet. I have to call tomorrow to make any appointment with the physiologist.

My NSV would be that my jacket doesn't feel like it's mine, cause its big. And my clothes feel bigger. I can walk up two flights of stairs at school without getting winded. And all the compliments I've gotten, mostly from my pcp who I haven't seen since a bit before surgery.

All my friends and family are so supportive and happy for me, it's awesome.

I'm down 37 lbs in 5 weeks, and I couldn't be happier. It's absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I made this choice. All the healthy foods I've had the last few days have all tasted good, and I actually crave them, and not the shitty foods. It's amazing how it seems that the switch has been flipped in my brain.

Edited by Sarahjane79

My surgery was on 2/19/14. I'm on the puree stage. I've been at the same weight for two weeks.i started walking 1 mile then three now five. Do you think i need to up my calories?

Hi there!

How far out are you? 3 weeks

What food stage are you in?soft foods

How are you tolerating food and liquids?no problems at all :)

Any complaints?The incision where my stomach came out is sore... it hurts when I laugh, sneeze, or cough.

Have you been able to start exercise?Nope, just walking right now

Any NSV yet?Well some of my "old" clothes are starting to fit again.. and all my coworkers have been complimenting me on my appearance

How are family and friends reacting to the new you?Very positive. My friends at work are alll curious about my new diet and I dont mind talking about it.

My surgery was on 2/19/14. I'm on the puree stage. I've been at the same weight for two weeks.i started walking 1 mile then three now five. Do you think i need to up my calories?

Hi there! I might be able to help. How much Protein are you getting and do you get all of your liquids? What about carbs?

I had my sleeve procedure done on Febuary 25th of this year. My starting weight was at 366lbs. I am now down to 340lbs with just a little over two weeks post op.

My doctor has allowed me to eat soft foods, as long as it is "apple sauce consistancy" when swalloed but i am finding it very hard to figure out how to get all of my Protein in. At first i could do the smotthies with whey Protein vanilla flavored, but now it almost makes me sick to even think about drinking it. The same goes for the unjury flavored chicken Protein Drink. Any idea's on what i can do?

I am also very fatigued. I am sure this is do to me having the surgery not that long ago, and i am still recovering. How long does it take before you start to get more energy?