Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Firming lotions for the loose skin?

I was told to use a firming lotion to help with the sagging skin. My dr. said that with following my protocol, exercise and a firming lotion, that I should not have too much excess skin hanging.

What does everyone else use or suggest? Has anyone heard of "Philosophy of Amazing Grace firming lotion"? I wonder if it is really worth the price tag.

Thanks everyone

wow, it is pricey! Can't say I've heard of it before. Will be interested to follow this and see if anyone has used it before.

My weight loss has slowed down since Christmas, and i'm finding that my skin seems to be tightening up a little on its own, rather than when I was losing at a faster pace.

I can deal with the skin on my butt, but what I hate is the bit under my chin..

My theory on this is that there isn't really a cream that will help tighten loose skin. I think that the lotions and creams out there will help with elasticity in the skin, but many other things play into where your skin will "tighten up" on its own including age, wherther you've had kids, and genetics. I personally have not had surgery yet, but as soon as I started even considering it, I just started using a good cocoa butter on the skin to help its elasticity. Whether it will help or not I don't know, but I would just look into a good body cream rather than the miracle promising "firming" creams that cost a fortune...just my two cents though!!

I bought a bottle of the Philosophy Amazing Grace lotion. I am about 2/3 done with the bottle and really haven't noticed a big difference. I usually put it on in the morning after my shower. I am considering buying another bottle and doing 2x a day just to give it a fair chance.

It really is amazing lotion BUT I don't think anything will prevent loose skin. Firming lotions tighten minimally but only until you stop using them. If you're going to have loose skin, there's nothing besides surgery that will change that. Unfortunately :(

If there is a firming lotion out there I would love it! So far it's surgery for me even with the loads of cocoa butter and lotion I put on.

Edited by Gina1010

I was just sleeved so can't comment on skin yet. But I love the Philosophy stuff. It is expensive. I used it for a few years and I kinda think it made a difference in my arms (pre surg). Not sure anything will really work for this kind of weight loss though.

Give NeriumFirm a try...Please don't shoot the messenger as I'm only offering a suggestion. I do have a friend that has had dramatic results from this stuff. And, after having done a small trail with their facial cream (Nerium AD), I'm planning on giving this cream a try when my time comes.

Hi everyone I wanted to reply to your quesiton in regards to firming creams. I am going through weight loss and just starting my personal journey. My company just launched a new Body Contouring Cream that has a 30 day money back guarantee and the results are remarkable! I will be using NeriumFirm on my body as I go through my weight loss and would love to share with you more about the product. If it is allowed I will give you my phone number you can text me your name and I will call you back. Otherwise you can go to my website www.contourlotion.info

The pictures attached are actual customers that have used the product. The first picture was a weight loss of 96 pounds and the results on the lose skin are amazing.

So excited for my journey & Thank you for allowing me to share,

Cindy Virden

330-635-1228

http://contourlotion.info

post-218225-0-37093500-1400785915_thumb.jpg

post-218225-0-09292900-1400785934_thumb.jpg

post-218225-0-36652500-1400785990_thumb.jpg

post-218225-0-35111500-1400785999_thumb.jpg

I have been using Nivea Firming lotion for the past 2 weeks - I honestly can't tell a difference at all! Hopefully time and exercise will help with some of the extra skin!