Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC 06~April Chat

Okay you Houston ladies, it seems like most of us have crossed the 50 lb mark and some of you, like Jennifer, are well beyond that! When and where are we going to meet?????? I suggest West University area but I open to suggestions. Let me know your thought and some dates/times.

Okay after a month of PBing way too much, I went in for an unfill from 2.5cc. to 2.2cc. The band looked perfect - no pouch dilation, no slippage and the liquid went through perfectly. I still had the unfill because I felt I just had too much restriction and was hardly taking in any calories and certainly nothing much solid. They offered that I must being eating too fast or not the right foods, but when I said that it should not take 1/2 hour to eat 2 small bites of chicken that are first chewed to mush before being swallowed, and that any swallow is met with lots of belching than something is not right followed by slime. When I reviewed my diet over the last month I realized that I have relied too heavily on mushy food (mashed potatoes, etc) and not enough solid Protein which may be why my energy level is down a bit. Since I had none of this before my 4th restriction obviously I am too tight for solids. So we will see how this goes.

Robin

Good luck. I have had several unfills after them pushing me to do something I know better. Isn't it funny they never believe us that we actually KNOW our own body? Good luck, after a few days you should be very happy. I have been there many times! :rolleyes:

My port is kind of wonky and sideways. So when I get a fill they have to point the needle towards my feet. Make sense? Increasingly, I feel it and get a little sore. Nothing bad -- just more conscious of it than I was 3 months ago. Is it moving more? Or flipping? I feel my port to try to get a status check but I get all grossed out manipulating it. Anybody else have a "travelling port"? Normal?

I'm more aware of my port as well. Sometimes it sticks out which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it means I've lost enough for that to happen. My surgeon said once I lose enough, he can easily replace it with a low profile port so it won't stick out.

It may also be that I am consuming too few calories and that is why I am not losing weight. Any ideas? Any unfills that helped the scales start moving again?

If you are too tight and go in for a slight unfill, I think you will begin to lose weight. This past Monday they removed EVERYTHING from my band as I was still having issues with swelling and frequent PBing and I have actually lost 3 pounds since then and am finally eating solids again. Good Luck!

Anybody else have a "travelling port"? Normal?

I can definately feel my port more easily. A few months ago I thought it had flipped, but it is still in the originial position. When I went in Monday for my unfill the doc said that it had some lumpy stuff (fat cells?) ontop which made it more difficult for him to locate the center of the top side, but he was able to locate it and hit it the first try.