Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC 06~April Chat

How did everyone do on their March goals? I had a fill late February but instead of it jump starting my weight loss as usual, the scales just kinda sat there. I was 185 at the time of my 4th fill on 2/23. I went down to 181 by the end of February and was 178 at the end of March. But I do seem to keep losing inches. I am almost in a large misses shirt but holding steady with size 14 jeans and tight size 12 slacks.

Is anyone thinking ahead to plastic surgery? I have been reading some of the other posts and there seems to be some requirement that you must wait 18 months from lapband surgery to have plastic surgery if there is any chance for insurance to pay. I am not sure about this though.

I seem to be stalled a bit right now too. It's been a few weeks since I've seen any real weight loss. I think I'm just plateauing right now. Trying to keep the positivity about it. If I don't lose something soon, I'm gonna snap! LOL!

I have difinately hit a plateau. I continue to loose inches, but only the same 2-3 pounds over and over again. Oh well, at least the clothing sizes are going down. I'm not setting any number goals for April, only that I continue to loose inches.

I am getting a fill w/ Dr. Spivak on 4/12. I hope this might jump start some weight loss. I have lost inches. I'm in a size 14 pant now!:o

I never thought I'd see the day when that happened!

I'm getting bored with my food choices right now. I need some new ideas so if you have any send them my way! It's great to know that ya'll are there and going through similar things. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi,

I am so proud of all of you with the amount of weight that everybody has lost.I am curious about what everybody is eating and how much?

looking foward to the replies

I have tried it all. I have eaten french fries, mashed potatoes, baked chicken,tomatoes, cucumbers, salad, tuna fish, chili, hamburger meat, fish, scallops, little bit of shrimp, eggs (hardboiled and scrambled), cooked vegetables, popcorn etc. Of course the portions are a fraction of what I ate before. I still can't eat much fruit except bananas, and I stay away from rice, heavy breads, and pastas. I can eat a very small amount of very soft bread but not the crust. I cannot eat heavy meats - pork chops, steak, lamb chops. I would say I am closer to soft foods than to hard Proteins.

Hi,

I am so proud of all of you with the amount of weight that everybody has lost.I am curious about what everybody is eating and how much?

looking foward to the replies

I'm not able to eat any starches. No rice, Pasta, or breads for me. Potatoes are usually okay as long as its in small bites.

I usually eat a lot of fish. Cant eat chicken at all. As for red meat, it's ground sirloin or filet mignon or prime rib, cut really tiny and cooked rare.

I eat a lot of low fat cheese and snack on almonds or cheese sticks. I can eat salad in the evening but not during the day.

This band is so weird. I think my eating habits now are stranger than before I was banded. LOL!

Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile...I just updated the abc totals page too :) I am so proud of us all! I was upset after my unfill though because I gained back 7 lbs (back to 228) but I think it was Water weight and then PMS because I'm back at 221 as of yesterday! :) I want to make a resolution for April more than a goal. I want to make sure to drink lots of water and lay off the sweets! I am working out when I can, it isnt much but its there so if I can resolve to do that more that'd be good too lol. I have exactly 1 year till my wedding and 5 months till I'm in my best friends wedding, I want to be in onederland by her's and at goal by mine!! I'm glad you guys are here for support!

You are over the half way point. That is just terrific and must be a big boost to your self confidence. I get a sense from reading posts on other chats that those of us who have hit our half way point 7-8 months out of surgery are actually doing better than expected. I know my doctor had predicted that I would probably only lose 50% of my goal weight by the end of 18 months. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys, I havent posted in awhile...I just updated the abc totals page too :) I am so proud of us all! I was upset after my unfill though because I gained back 7 lbs (back to 228) but I think it was Water weight and then PMS because I'm back at 221 as of yesterday! :lol: I want to make a resolution for April more than a goal. I want to make sure to drink lots of Water and lay off the sweets! I am working out when I can, it isnt much but its there so if I can resolve to do that more that'd be good too lol. I have exactly 1 year till my wedding and 5 months till I'm in my best friends wedding, I want to be in onederland by her's and at goal by mine!! I'm glad you guys are here for support!

Hey y'all

I just had my 8-month pics taken. I'm including my "before" shot (yikes!) and my "current" shot. I look much happier in the after shot. Take a wild guess which is which.

BeforeFront.jpg

Taa-Daa8.jpg

Kutia - You look great!!!

Robin (and all) - I think you are correct about how well we are all doing. I think we are all doing A LOT better than a lot of other bandsters on LBT due to the support we have from one another. I have read other posts and some of the jabs they take at one another are absolutely rediculous. I don't think any of us joined LBT to read negative things from others regarding ourselves or others. It is so nice to know I can always come to the ABC Chat and get support for ANYTHING (Lap Band or not).

Thanks for all the continued support, laughs, concerns, and friendship!!! Keep up the good work.

I'm glad to see everyone plugging along. I'm at a plateau, too. But also I'm realizing that this is really work (duh). I mean, it still is better than any diet I went on without the band. But as I try to break this plateau I see how I DO need to make the very best food choices I can and not just use restriction alone as a means to lose weight. Sort of a reality check. I've sucked at going to thr gym. I keep justifying not going by doing yard work...but I think there is just something about really sweating it out for 30-45 minutes that makes my body say "we better burn off some calories" that I can't seem to get from yard work.

I Too Don't Seem To Be Moving The scale Back Either. I Am Losing At Least 1 Lb Per Week. I Would Like To Loose 2 But I Am Still Happy. I Guess Its Because I Have So Much More To Loose. I Have A Goal To Be Down Another 25 Lbs By July 10 Because I Have A Family Reunion And I Will Have Lost 70 Lbs Since Anyone In My Family Had Seen Me Last. No One Knows About The Band. I Wanted To Show Up And Say Surprise! I Know I Will At Least Be Close To That Goal By Then. I Was 320 When They Seen Me Last And I Hope To Be Close To 250. I Am At 277 Now.

I Remember I Use To Accidently Say I Was In The 200's And Then Correct Myself. Now I Can Really Say It And Its True. It Is Still Hard To Believe!

Ladydi