Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC 06~April Chat

I Start My Day With A Protein Drink And Have 2 Pieces Of cheese With Either 98% Fat Free Ham Or Roast Beef In The Middle. I Have A fruit Or String Cheese For A snack And For dinner, I Can Have 2 Fish Sticks And Thats All I Can Eat. Compaired To What I Use To Eat I Would Think I Would Be Losing A Lot More Weight. I Exercise 3 Times A Week At Curves. Not Losing Fast Use To Upset Me, But Now, I Have Excepted I Will Be Losing And Not How Much I Will Lose. If That Makes Any Sense.

Kutia - the difference is amazing! There is half a person missing! I keep my pictures taped to the mirror so I can remind myself how much I have changed.

I noticed that I am losing only about a 1/2 pound to a pound a week, but the inches keep falling away even though I have slowed down my workouts. I was going 4-5 times a week but now I'm only working out 2 times a week. Yes, I have become the excuse queen! I am down 10 pounds since my last fill on 2/23 but I changed from a size 14 to a size 12. But I agree with Jessica (Clarity Seeker), somewhere over the years they must have changed the sizing system because I was never a size 12 at this weight.

I have found out though that if I eat more I lose weight but it is difficult to eat more with this fill which is why I am considering having an unfill. I think I am eating too little and it slows my metabolism down and then I don't lose weight. Strange isn't it?

When I have met folks at the surgicenter who have not connected with any forum, they seem a little lost in the process, and are usually frustrated with their band. Most of them do not have a clue about when to have fills, what to eat, etc. That is why I am glad to see a real push by some of the local doctors to have monthly support group meetings at their offices.

I am so glad we are there for each other. Haven't we already been through enough in our lives? This should be the best time of our life. I have been overweight since I was ten. I've not been able to enjoy what other girls did - going to the beach, shopping in "normal size" stores, having a ton of male admirers/boyfriends. Now at 47 I am enjoying what my friends have known for years - moving with ease, feeling comfortable in your own skin, not sweating every waking minute of the day, looking great in clothes, having folks admire you not just for your appearance but the courage to change your life. Our new lives are just pounds away and we should be positive with ourselves and each other - that is why we did this - we were ready for a positive change!

Amen To That Robin!

Happy Easter To You All!

Without A Possitive Outlook, I Don't Think I Could Of Been As Happy As I Am. I Could Look At All The Bad Things In My Life And Given Up. But I Am Going Forward And Will Be A Normal Weight This Year. Wow, That Sounds Unreal. That Puts A Smile On My Face!

Ladydi

Well, what a day I had. The past week and a half I haven't been able to eat much and many times PB anything (including water) that I try to get down. It was better over the weekend, but something still wasn’t right. I had been blaming it on the increased stress at work, but this morning, I had had enough and called my surgeon. An hour later I was in his office.

After discussing the fact that I thought I was too tight and needed an unfill and that I had been experiencing reflux daily for the past few months, he decided to look at my band under fluoro with barium. Before drinking the barium, the first thing he noticed was that my band was laying flat across my esophagus instead of at the 45˚ degree angle it should have been at. Next I swallowed the yummy barium, at which time he noticed that my pouch was somewhat dilated. And last, but not least, he saw that NOTHING was going through my band. No wonder I felt like crap!!! After having 2.0 cc’s removed I felt soooo much better. I am supposed to return in a month so that he can look ate everything under fluoro again and decide if it is time for a “refill”.

This was the first time I had seen my band in my belly. It was pretty cool!!!

So, if any of you are PBing on a regular basis get in to see your surgeon immediately (Dah!!!). Thankfully I finally gave in and went to see the doc, because much longer and I would have had a slipped band and been home planning another surgery instead of enjoying my family.

Robin,

I noticed the same thing when I go for dr. visits or fills. Those who don't go to forums like this seem to be completely clueless about what to do. It's such a gift sharing these experiences. It really helps us through the process.

Steph, glad to see the unfill helped. And doesn't that barium taste delicious? LMAO!

Good Afternoon ABCers! Robin, I'm so glad you went in. My doctor said there are so many people that suffer in situations like that thinking it'll change or get better and then it's too late. I'm glad you went in! My doctor asks us how many times we've PB'd and if it's anything close to frequent he makes a change. I think I PB maybe once or twice a month now. At my last appt on Tuesday I was finally down 53 pounds! I made it past the 50 mark FINALLY!!! I lost 11 pounds since the last appt 6 weeks ago so I'm pretty happy. 2 pounds a week. I'd lose more if I could motivate myself to work out more.

Hello all! :)

How are all of you doing? I am in the middle of major life crisis, but band is doing great.

Anyone else actually excited to get a new bathing suit this year? :) I am! lol....first time in years!

Yeah, I'm actually looking online for a bathing suit! I'm actually not dreading it for the first time in years!!!

I have to lose at least 30 lbs. more before I'll even consider thinking about possibly buying a bathing suit. 30 lbs. less than my current weight is what I was in high school. Those mandatory swim classes were a nightmare!

I have to lose at least 30 lbs. more before I'll even consider thinking about possibly buying a bathing suit. 30 lbs. less than my current weight is what I was in high school. Those mandatory swim classes were a nightmare!

LOL...my school got rid of the pool. We had someone drown it was a big deal so they literally filled it up with dirt and called it the dirt room. LOL...saved me from that bullet! :mad:

Jamie,

You look AMAZING! Your smile is so bright!! Your eyes just pop off your face with happiness! Way to go!!! Give yourself a big hug, girl!

Just thought I'd share, I love pics :mad:

Kutia - way to go, girl ; Jamie -- you look awesome.

And, Robin, you, too!!

I am so happy to be part of this very inspirational group of women (do we have any guys???).

The scale is not moving as much, but I am still shrinking. I have just under 20 lbs to goal, and I'm going on the Lap Band cruise in a couple of months, so I'm trying to set a realistic goal of 10 lbs before the cruise. I am a solid 12 in pants, now. Sometimes, I am a 10. I can't believe I can finally consider myself (almost) normal size. I love not being the biggest person in the room when I go somewhere -- especially to the gym. I feel like I'm an in-betweener.

I went snow skiing 2 times this past season (my first time)! and I had the confidence to do it. My goal for next season is to be in good shape so that I can ski ALL day long, several days in a row.

I think I am going to get a fill b/c I ate an entire plate of food for lunch -- it wasn't super-sized, but it was ravioli, which is not something I can usually eat. I've been debating getting a fill and I think I need to do it. Hopefully, along with exercise, I can make my 5 lb goal for April and my 5 lb goal for May (heck -- maybe I'll shoot for 15 by the time I leave in mid-June!!)

Keep up the great work everyone. I am so impressed with you all.

Best,

Jessica