Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A group of girlfriends that I work with try and go to dinner once a month. This months dinner will be the first one since I had my second fill. I would never tell anyone, but I am dreading and very excited about the restriction I will have. I will comply with my band and not push it, I just wanted to vent a little!

I understand, don't fret though. I find when I am in those situations, I will order appetizers and not a full dinner this way they can't see how much is left on my plate, and if there are extra appetizers I can say hey these are great so and so would you like one?

I do that when we are at big events as well, if they are not sit down dinners and if they are I just move things around the plate and/or ask for a container to put half in. Waite staff never questions, and I always give them a "special" tip at the end of the event.

Don't let eating out become something you dread.. Most restaurants will have band friendly food. the real trick is to know your limitations before you go. and if you know ahead of time check out the menu so you can take your time figuring out what you plan on eating.. for me i usually end up with a Soup and small salad.. Soups for the most part are slider foods and don't do much to trigger the band but combined with a small salad you can maintain the appearance of eating normally if this is something that concerns you. for me pretty much every one in my life both at home and work know that i have the band so it doesn't bother me. what i do not want to share with them is any kind of episode of being stuck.. that needs to remain private :D I know your just venting but you will be fine... go out and enjoy - just make sure that you have your drink before you eat :D

Those are all very good tips! Thanks. I know it will be worth it down the road!

Those are all very good tips! Thanks. I know it will be worth it down the road!

Got a little secret for you Kacey. I've been banded for more than a year and go out to eat often. Almost no-one pays attention to what you are eating and how much you are eating. They are focused on their own food. I see it all the time. As you're talking, cut up your food, hold some on a fork, chat away...and when the evening ends, ask for a doggie bag or don't even bother. I've never had anyone say anything to me...including and especially those who don't know I am banded.

Go have a good time, and don't worry.

It's so true that no one is really paying attention -- I've been pretty amazed by that. If you are ordering only a small thing, like a Soup or just an appetizer, you can say, "I'm saving room for dessert!" Then at dessert time share with some one and only have a bite or none at all if you are on a strict regime. Every one loves sharing with me now because I hardly have any!

Take your time and enjoy your meal, whatever you might feel comfortable with that being. No one will notice how much or how little you've eaten.

A group of girlfriends that I work with try and go to dinner once a month. This months dinner will be the first one since I had my second fill. I would never tell anyone, but I am dreading and very excited about the restriction I will have. I will comply with my band and not push it, I just wanted to vent a little!

just go and have a good time being with your friends..dont over think it...the band is merely to help us eat less...what matters is the choices we make and what matters in this case...is you and your friends.....have a GREAT time.

I am definitely looking forward to it now! Im going to order something small and enjoy myself!

I just tell people "the band won't let me eat any more!" And laugh about it. Everyone is really supportive. I don't have many haters in my life or work place. Everyone is very supportive. At first I didn't want to tell anyone. But it's easier in social eating situations if people know. At least for me it is. Enjoy your meal! That's the important part. And your friends!

None of my coworkers know about my band so in these situations I tick with Soup or a small appetizer. If they comment that it's not alot I blame it on a late meal earlier. It's been a year and they have yet to figure it out.