Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

Man, I really don't like some of the changes they made here.... I went to edit my post and it came up all smiley faces in the textbox. Some one tell why this all changed??

Anyway, Kat I forgot to tell you congrats on your bandiversary. You have had some year and you have been such an inspiration to me as a wife, mother and bandster. Your weightloss is amazing..... I want..... well, If I could only hope to do as well in 1years time. The Amazing women here at lapband talk keeps me coming back.

Heart Hugs,

They are still working on the upgrade of the site Patty--I am sure the edit ability will be back---it just has a glitch!!! I was also told the top 5 will be coming back to the top of the home page, it just had to be re vamped too.

Thank you for all the sweet things you said---made my day---started it out feeling on top of the world!!! I have no doubt you will rock this band!!!! You worked too hard to get it, not to! The amazing women here are what keeps me coming back too---and YOU are one of them---my we really are a mutual admiration society here aren't we!!!!

I have a question for you---I have wondered about before, but always forget to ask. On your signature (that is one of the new changes I am iffy about on the site!!!), with Lewis' name, following his age, and before the Open hear....what is the ToF????? Curiosity!!!

Ok, I am off to see whether my rogue cows are still at home this morning. The ditch company is making some repairs, so they let the ditch go dry without warning, so they just walked out UNDER the cattle guard! We ran an electric wire (part of an electric fence line we use) across the area, hope it helped. Have I mentioned lately ----I HATE COWS!!!!!! I really like hamburgers and ribeye though!!!

Kat

Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA. My laptop had a battery charging issue and I had to order parts for it. I'm back and all better now. I had to have an ultrasound yesterday, it started as a regular abdominal ultrasound, and then the tech had me go in and empty my bladder. Silly me thought we were done. She then said we have to switch to an internal ultrasound, she couldn't get a clear view of my uterus. She said something about it being folded or twisted or something. When I asked her to repeat her self she said oh I'm just talking myself through the notes. My doc won't have results until Monday, and she is out until Tuesday. I have a followup appointment on thursday. Abi saw the urologist today, he was very nice and seems to think it is an under developed bladder, easily treatable. We are doing a journal of when she has accidents and we have to measure how much she does go when she makes it to the potty. Then he will decide if it is underdeveloped or if she is lacking sensation. We'll see.

My friend is doing much better, he came home today. So that's a great sign.

I am going on a field trip tomorrow but will be home by lunch time. I'll check in then. ~Mandy

Hi Everyone.....UGH...had a fill yesterday and an unfill today. I couldn't keep my own spit down by the afternoon today so had to run back up to Boston to take some out. I just don't get why the measurements can't be done better. So he claimed I only had about 1.20 in my band so he brought me up to 2cc.....today he brought me down to 1.50. how does that add up? My first fill was 1.25, 2nd fill he only pulled out .50 so he put in 1 full cc on top of that so soooooo my total at that point could of been anywhere from 1.25 to 2.25. Then I go in this time he says I have 1.25 in there and puts in enough to make it 2cc...well so think...I could of possibly had 3.00. It was so damn tight today I really think the whole stinking 3 was in there. I just have no idea what there...all I know is today after the unfill...now i"m hungry again UGH. So frustrating!

Son is doing better...getting around better on his crutches but we're still fighting his school to let him back in so he won't have summer school.

Hope all is going well..sooner or later..probably later I'll get to personals again.

Hi guys, I'm back from the fieldtrip. The play was GREAT. I am so impressed with the high school drama team here. I can't wait until Abi is old enough to do that kind of stuff. She is such a ham that I'm sure she will want to do drama and probably dance or choir too.

I had several very sweet PM's, I am fine. I had an ultrasound and my pain seems to be coming from a prolapsed Uterus. I see the doc again on Thursday. I'll keep you guys updated. ~Mandy

Eileen....just tried the Soup you love...Campbell's Golden Butternutsquash soup...oh it's yummy! It's helping my tummy too. Thanks a bunch for telling me about it!

How is everyone else doing? I miss you Goils...sorry I've only popped in here and there. Been pretty busy with my son. He's doing great though and will be headed back to school on Monday. Finally got the paperwork completed and he has a special ride to and from school so he won't have to try to hop on the bus with crutches :lol:

I got my date..... May 14th.

Yesterday I met my surgeon -- real nice guy. He told me that I am very very healthy. Dr Oliak uses 2 hospitals and wanted to use the far-away one for me. I asked if I could be closer to home. He looked up and said "yes" lets make it happen.... cause by May 31 the prices increase. Within 20 minutes, I had my date at the closer site and an EKG finished. This morning I completed all my labs and on May 8th I have what they call THE OFFICE DAY where I will be kept busy from 8am-3pm with an exercise class, meet the anesthesiolgist, bariatric teaching class, dietitian, psych, and register at hospital. Since I have already done most of these things I am supposed to bring a book.... except that makes me sleepy, oh well. So, fans thats all the news I have. I just went on ebay and bought a pair of size 12 jeans from the Disney store. I didn't have the heart to do this any earlier than when I knew my surgery was to be a reality. It's my way of believing in the positive. Thanks for living with me these last 18months. I couldn't have survived this without all of you.

Hugs,

Dear Kat,

My darling Lewis Holden Humphrey has...... Tetrology of Fallot

It's a really icky name for one of the oldest heart conditions known to man. Tetrology means heart and Fallot is the doctor who discovered this abnormality. Tet babies were known as blue babies because they appeared very bluish in color and thats due to red and blue blood being mixed. It takes 4 different defects to equal ToF. They are: Stenosis of the artries, holes in the walls in the heart which mixes the blood, thickness in the heart wall and a malformed valve.... whew! This condition is corrected only by surgery. They used to do this when the child was 8-9years but these kids end up having knotted fingers from lack of blood flow and other complications. Lewis was 4 months old and it was really really scary but he did so well. I'm going to a heart seminar next month just to learn all the new advances and the kids get to go to Universal Studios for free! I will counsel any parent that needs it, my way of giving back. Call anytime.

Patty, congrats.....I am so happy for you. I know that when we pm'd back and forth that you were really down, this fight had taken it's toll on you. I am soooo happy to see you back up and winning. The 14th will be here before you know it. ~Mandy

Ok I just got the results of my ultrasound, no prolapsed uterus. I give up, I am hurting all the time. An internal exam was painful (really painful) and all it shows is Fluid in my left ovary???? WTF????? I am still hurting, if I go to the ER I will be told there is fluid in my left ovary, probably a ruptured cyst? Is it possible that I have a constant suppy of cyst just rupturing all the time? Seems that I am hurting all the time, and each and everytime I have been checked it's the same story, lots of fluid, probably caused my a cyst. If this doctor gives me the run-around I may need to collect bail money. This is getting old fast. ~Mandy

Chrispy and Sherry, did you guys book airfare yet? I got $145 round trip on airtran.com We usually fly southwest, but they were double that. ~Mandy

I'm so sorry, Mandy! I just PM'd you, but now that I have read your latest post, that PM is already outdated! Keep searching for an answer...maybe another gynecologist? I don't know, but there must be an explanation.

Kat!!!!!!! You're in ONEDERLAND!!!! How is it? I'll meet you there pretty soon, I hope...of course, I am hovering right over it, but won't land! LOL! Congratulations on your bandiversary, and your great achievements in weight loss! I feel the same as you do about how important the support is here on our thread...thank God for all of you! Enjoy your ice cream!

Patty, I am very, very happy for your surgery date of May 14!!!!!!!! The day after Mother's Day, so it's kinda like a gift to you! Very good news, indeed!

Sherry, what has happened at the school is bureacracy. You are still the parent, and you can get things done if you are in their face enough. Get dr. notes and go to the principal. If he/she is unwilling to find a solution, ask him or her to give you information on filing a grievance. That usually gets you some good attention! Then, file it if you have to. Pretend you are dealing with robots, because you kinda are. If you do not push the situation and insist on fairness for your son, you will be defaulted to the "rules" and those are not satisfactory for your situation. They are made to hopefully prevent people from justing sitting at home, and are not made to address real situations like yours. Don't give up. It will take energy, but you can win this.

I have been subbing in a history class for the last two days...it was pretty fun! I do enjoy the kids...and all they had to do was take a test, so it was almost boring (for me!).

Tomorrow we have a Silent Auction event at DD's school...then she performs at the Arts and Jazz Fest tomorrow night. Sunday she sings at church, and then I get to cut out a bunch of decorations for VBS coming up in June...no rest for the wicked, eh? LOL!

I'll check back with you all as I can, with all the running around this weekend!

Hugs to all!!!!

Cindy

HI--

Quick note to let you know we are having more problems. I left today to take Rick to his cardiologist appointment at 2, and am just now getting home from the hospital---alone. He is having problems due to 2 different issues, caused bu them having to cut down the size of the heart. It is sending the wrong signals, and is bouncing from an Atrial Flutter to an Atrial Fibrulation. Opposite problems, treated opposite ways----so the best solution is to thin his blood, and let the heart settle down without strain. But for his issues, thinning his blood could be deadly. He is in until some time next week, after they anticoagulate the heart, then they will sedate him, and shock him, hoping to restore normal rythm, or that it will stay with one or the other problems so they can treat him with meds for that issue. Now he is bouncing in and out of each, each lasting seconds, sometimes minutes, once almost an hour......he is depressed beyond belief. Looks like we might not make TX. I don't know what to do at this point except pray.....

Will take my laptop to the hospital, and hope they have a signal for me.....if not I'll check in when I can.

Hugs to all!

Kat

Good Morning,

PATTY WHOOOOOOOOOOOT on the DATE YEAH FINALLY !!!!! I'm so happy for you YEAH WHOOOOOOOOOOOT ((((dancing))))) you go girl. Don't forget to ask them about the meds so you don't puke after surgery...that was my biggest thing b/c I always get sick to my stomach from the anesthesia.

KAT !!! WHOOOOT on ONEDERLAND WHOOOTTTTTTTTT you are awesome!!!! I'm sorry to hear DH isn't feeling well, please know he is always in my prayers...and let us know if we can help.

Cindy Loooo boy your looking like your enjoying yourself :( I'm so happy for you. Any plans for the summer?

Mandy sorry your not feeling well, I agree with the girls, time to get a new doc.

Beanie good luck on the job offer **CROSSING BODY PARTS*** for you.

Betty glad the house is okay... did you have a storm?

Sherry are you feeling better today? I agree that Soup is yummy, expensive but yummy, I can eat it every day :D

Chrispy girl, sorry there wasn't any spark for the first guy but maybe a 2nd date might help? he sounds nice. Your such a beautiful lady and I know Mr. Right will show up soon.... (((but in the mean time, have fun and be naughty :) )))))

I'm sorry I didn't get to post to everyone, I have to run. I'm taking DD down the shore before it rains late this afternoon... we need a break LOL.

I had a stomach virus this week and still had to go to work with a fever...3 stinkin days (because the lady who's job I am taking, this was her last week and I needed all the training I could get)... then TOM hit me last night so the stomach cramps and pain continue *faint* oy vey... I'm gonna go stare at the waves for a few hours.

Ceeya later taters.